Trump directs Justice Department to ban gun modifications like bump stocks used in LV

President Trump directs Justice Department to ban gun modifications like bump stocks used in Las Vegas massacre

President Trump directs Justice Department to ban gun modifications like bump stocks used in Las Vegas massacre

While I'm for this it seems like sort of a weird response. I mean, everyone seemed on board with it after Vegas and then nothing happened.

It doesn't have any connection to the school shooting. So it seems like its reaching back to something that people on the right on the issue could live with to try to silence the criticisms he's been taking this past week in the wake of the school shooting.

I hope those students do not fall for this trick and keep up the pressure, the marches, calling out Trump and the Congress over this. More needs to be done than banning this one accessory.

Reactions: 2 people
WASHINGTON — President Trump directs Justice Department to ban gun modifications like bump stocks used in Las Vegas massacre.

This is a breaking news alert. Check back later for more.

was wanting to see what it meant by gun modification. will be interesting to see the split reactions on this.

Libs: omg this is great, but its Trump.
Cons: omg this is horrible, but its Trump.

Reactions: 1 person
While I'm for this it seems like sort of a weird response. I mean, everyone seemed on board with it after Vegas and then nothing happened.

It doesn't have any connection to the school shooting. So it seems like its reaching back to something that people on the right on the issue could live with to try to silence the criticisms he's been taking this past week in the wake of the school shooting.

I hope those students do not fall for this trick and keep up the pressure, the marches, calling out Trump and the Congress over this. More needs to be done than banning this one accessory.

which is why I was trying to find out what all was to be banned. the article implies that it covers more than bump stocks. and of course you find a way to blame Trump.

was wanting to see what it meant by gun modification. will be interesting to see the split reactions on this.

Libs: omg this is great, but its Trump.
Cons: omg this is horrible, but its Trump.

It was imperative he did something. This is a step in the right direction as to the availability of unnecessary weaponry. That being said, he's still an embarrassing clown who is unfit for the job

which is why I was trying to find out what all was to be banned. the article implies that it covers more than bump stocks. and of course you find a way to blame Trump.

I saw a similar comment from Trump, suggesting more than that was being considered. But then at her press conference the only thing she specifically mentioned was that.

I have very low expectations about consistency in this particular administration. But one wonders if Trump intentionally made it sound like a lot is going to happen reference the school shooting when in reality virtually nothing is going to happen, i.e. ban an accessory which was not used there.

I saw a similar comment from Trump, suggesting more than that was being considered. But then at her press conference the only thing she specifically mentioned was that.

I have very low expectations about consistency in this particular administration. But one wonders if Trump intentionally made it sound like a lot is going to happen reference the school shooting when in reality virtually nothing is going to happen, i.e. ban an accessory which was not used there.

Um well after the LV shooting we were informed that these things MUST be banned to save lives. Now that he’s moving forward with it it’s not that important?

If Trump came out wanting to ban AR-15s LG, Luther, Mick and a few others would join the NRA to stop him.

Reactions: 5 people
Um well after the LV shooting we were informed that these things MUST be banned to save lives. Now that he’s moving forward with it it’s not that important?

I told you, I support it.

But it has utterly nothing to do with the school shooting.

Can you understand that both of those things can be true?

yeah thats a uniquely Trump problem there. yup.

honestly until I actually see that "ban" or what have you come out and get signed into place I won't believe it. I am fine with removing any "modifications" that effect rate of fire or accuracy, or safety.

again imo, I believe Trump is the best candidate you have at getting guns removed at all. he is crazy enough to do it.

Nothing satisfies you at all does it? Go take some meds dude.

Why does it have to do with this school shooting?

Oh, please.

You think Trump is suddenly jumping on the bump stock ban, an issue that was hot 6 months ago after the LV incident, just out of the blue?

Or is he offering to do something, anything, just to get the heat off?

I mean, in terms of the school shooting, he might as well order than gun manufacturers put happy face stickers on guns. It would be as effective as the bump stock ban for this incident.

In other words, no, this is not fooling anybody.

Now, start talking about screening the mentally ill, universal background checks and stepping those up and making them more effective? Then you are on to something.

I'm pretty sure Hog is 110% accurate.

If Trump did come out and order AR-15s banned by Executive Order, LG would be scrambling to find his credit card to join the NRA.

LG, if you want some suggestions on which AR to buy, let me know. I can help.

Did you say this when Hussein had the executive branch, the legislative branch and the judicial branch loaded blue? No, you didn’t.

Last edited:
Get your bump stocks while you can homies!!

I really don't understand the appeal. I mean, if I was going to go on a kill crazy rampage, I wouldn't get a bump stock. I would just modify an AR or AK to be fully automatic.

If this is the legislation that would make the liberals happy though, so be it.

I really don't understand the appeal. I mean, if I was going to go on a kill crazy rampage, I wouldn't get a bump stock. I would just modify an AR or AK to be fully automatic.

If this is the legislation that would make the liberals happy though, so be it.

Easier said than done.

Besides, one can learn to shoot far more accurately in semi than wasting ammo on a spray and pray. Vegas being the obvious difference, but conditions were not helpful in that regard.

Well no they would say it’s not enough. Only when the government and criminals have guns will America truly be safe.

Yep, then everyone can cower in his home and wait to see whether the government or the criminals will first come to take what he has ... assuming there's really a difference at that point. If neither fear everyone else, it's just a walk in the park.

You know if you aren't a left wing sissy its easy to make any semi automatic gun fire like a full auto with just a finger and your arms..and a regular stock..

VN Store

Back