Netanyahu to Iran: Do Not Test Israel's Resolve

Darkman

Netanyahu to Iran: ‘Do Not Test Israel’s Resolve’

By KATRIN BENNHOLD and ISABEL KERSHNER FEB. 18, 2018

Photo
merlin_134114403_4f9047e6-6340-4d85-a892-c755325dc3b0-master768.jpg

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel, who spoke at the Munich Security Conference in Germany, on Sunday, brandished a remnant of what he said was an Iranian drone shot down in Israeli airspace. Credit Lennart Preiss/MSC Munich Security Conference, via Reuters MUNICH — Israel’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, attending a security conference with international leaders here in Munich, on Sunday brandished what he said was part of an Iranian drone shot down by Israel and warned that he was ready to go to war if Tehran continued to entrench itself in Syria.

Mr. Netanyahu, directly addressing Iran’s foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, during his speech said: “Do you recognize this? You should. It’s yours. You can take back with you a message to the tyrants of Tehran: Do not test Israel’s resolve.”

He said that if pushed, Israel would act “not only against Iranian proxies that are attacking us, but against Iran itself.”

Read more: Netanyahu to Iran: ‘Do Not Test Israel’s Resolve’ - The New York Times

Last edited:
Iran threatens to ‘level Tel Aviv,’ kill Netanyahu if Israel attacks

Senior Iranian official dismisses PM's 'unwise' speech, in which he brandished an Iranian drone and threatened military action

By Michael Bachner Today, 10:31 am 12 comments

Former chief of Iran's Revolutionary Guard, Mohsen Rezaei (photo credit: AP Photo/Vahid Salemi)

Tel Aviv will be “leveled to the ground” if Israel attacks Iran, and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will not escape with his life, a senior official in the Islamic republic’s regime threatened.

His comments came in response to Netanyahu’s speech on Sunday at the Munich Security Conference, in which the prime minister brandished a piece of an Iranian drone downed in Israeli airspace and threatened direct military action against Iran.

Read more: Iran threatens to 'level Tel Aviv,' kill Netanyahu if Israel attacks | The Times of Israel

Israel and Iran edge closer to conflict
Financial Times-4 hours ago
This year's Munich Security Conference returned to the theme of great power conflict, which many thought had ended with the cold war almost three decades ago. Against a morbid backdrop of three aircraft — Russian, Turkish and Israeli — being downed over Syria, Wolfgang Ischinger, chairman of this ...

Iran official: Tel Aviv would be 'razed to the ground' if Israel attacks
CNN-21 hours ago

'We will level Tel Aviv to the ground' senior Iranian official warns Israel
International-The Jerusalem Post-11 hours ago

Last edited:
Maybe rallying public support in his base with ethnocentric calls for military action just in case he is indicted on bribery charges?

I'm referring to Netanyahu, by the way. For now.

Reactions: 4 people
What is Iran to do? If Israel attacks them, should they just sit on their hands? Or do the have the right to defend themselves?

I'm not sure why these comments (assuming they actually were made and didn't get flipped in the translation) are so controversial.

What is Iran to do? If Israel attacks them, should they just sit on their hands? Or do the have the right to defend themselves?

I'm not sure why these comments (assuming they actually were made and didn't get flipped in the translation) are so controversial.

Has Israel ever publicly threatened to or fantasized about wiping Iran off the face of the planet? I know of one common denominator in this equation.

Iran always talks big & bad like they're going to do something....it's all a big fat bluff to see whose wang is bigger.

After seeing Iraq and Libya get bullied around, maybe the Iranians want them for the same reason.

There are 195 nations

there are 9 nations with nukes (counting Israel)

Countries we "meddle" with that have nukes is proportionally larger than the list of nations without nukes that we "meddle" with.

I would say it is no guarantee.

There are 195 nations

there are 9 nations with nukes (counting Israel)

Countries we "meddle" with that have nukes is proportionally larger than the list of nations without nukes that we "meddle" with.

I would say it is no guarantee.

Can you list countries besides Russia, China and NK that have nukes....we "meddle" with?!

Just curious?

Has Israel ever publicly threatened to or fantasized about wiping Iran off the face of the planet? I know of one common denominator in this equation.

Israel lives for the day that Iran is no more....

But until there are pro-Iran lobbies in Washington...you won't hear but one side...

When I look at the picture in the OP, it looks like Bibi is showing the world his new friend, Plank.

Israel lives for the day that Iran is no more....

But until there are pro-Iran lobbies in Washington...you won't hear but one side...

On what planet would there ever be a pro Iranian lobby in Washington? There is nothing to gain by being involved with them.

VN Store

Back