Black activist demands Marvel Studios donate 25% of "Black Panther" profits to...

85SugarVol

I prefer the tumult of Liberty
Black Communities....

Oh. My.

"A Change.org petition is calling on Marvel Studios and The Walt Disney Company to invest 25 percent of the profits for the hot new film “Black Panther” into the black community.

Created by a user named Chaz Gormley, the petition’s description said that Marvel and Walt Disney Co. have “targeted the black community with their advertisements” for the film.

“Through a clever, well-manufactured marketing campaign Marvel Studios and their parent company The Walt Disney Company have targeted the Black community with their advertisements for the upcoming ‘Black Panther’ film, due to release on February 16, 2018. As marginalized groups have become more vocal, corporations and their savvy public relations departments have turned to catering to these groups - to turn a profit - and this film by Marvel Studios is no different,” the petition reads."

Black Panther

Reactions: 1 person
Remember "Oscars so white" a couple of years ago? The film industry was lambasted by the "black community" (whatever the hell that is) for not featuring more black actors in movies or creating films targeted to black audiences. Now that there is a movie featuring an all black cast and marketing to black movie goers, it is all just tricks in order for the white man to steal money from the "black community". Seems like a "damned if you do/don't" situation to me.

Reactions: 11 people
Remember "Oscars so white" a couple of years ago? The film industry was lambasted by the "black community" (whatever the hell that is) for not featuring more black actors in movies or creating films targeted to black audiences. Now that there is a movie featuring an all black cast and marketing to black movie goers, it is all just tricks in order for the white man to steal money from the "black community". Seems like a "damned if you do/don't" situation to me.

Ever dealt with a baby before?

Right. I guess no more "black" movies? :dunno:

Reactions: 2 people
Since the protagonist is actually African and not a black American, perhaps they should donate a portion of the profits to Africa?

Reactions: 5 people

Some people can never be happy or content..always the victim.

Reactions: 3 people
Can I demand 25% of the profits from films targeting white communities? They’re exploiting my culture!

Reactions: 1 person
Great... now I’m getting Black Panther ads at the bottom of the page on mobile...

🙄

This movie will be seen by more whites than blacks. There is always one clown in every bunch. This person writing the petition speaks for themselves.

VN Store

Back