Next up on White House Apprentice... _________

lawgator1

Hope Hicks.

Apparently ran interference to protect her boyfriend Porter, and Trumpelstilskin is pizzed.

Hope soon to hear the magic words, "You're fired!!"

Reactions: 6 people
Hope Hicks.

Apparently ran interference to protect her boyfriend Porter, and Trumpelstilskin is pizzed.

as much time as you spend posting on our board I can't believe how you haven't been fired

Hope Hicks.

Kelly looks terrible for that statement of defense, calling Porter a "man of true integrity and honor". He knew about the order of protection from 2010 against Porter involving allegations of spousal abuse. If he didn't think photographic documentation would emerge then he is an idiot. He knew the ex-wife in question had spoken to the FBI and that they believed her story of abuse. He should have assumed that she had presented the FBI agents with photographic evidence. When Kelly makes a mistake his default mechanism is to double down on it. I would say his time is running out. He doesn't understand the basics of crisis management.

Reactions: 5 people
Trump just now spoke to reporters and defended Porter because he says he is innocent.

Gee, now wonder who that sounds like?

Un-freakin-believable. He doesn't get it. There's photos and a restraining order and the guy was in the Oval office more than Trump was. Just astounding how Trump cannot fathom the problem here.

Omarosa evidently making Trump look bad on Big Brother.

Omarosa: I wouldn't vote for Trump again "in a million years, never" - CBS News

"It's not my circus, not my monkeys -- I'd like to say not my problem, but it's bad," Newman said. She said it's "not going to be okay ... it's so bad." When asked if she would vote for Mr. Trump again, Newman said "god no. Never. Not in a million years, never."

Reactions: 1 person
Trump just now spoke to reporters and defended Porter because he says he is innocent.

Un-freakin-believable. He doesn't get it. There's photos and a restraining order and the guy was in the Oval office more than Trump was. Just astounding how Trump cannot fathom the problem here.

He did the same thing with Roy Moore. In Trump's mind, as long as the man denies the allegations, he deserves the benefit of the doubt and that makes everything okay. Unfortunately for him in this matter, Porter's ex-wife has photographic evidence in support of her allegations (and her need for a protective order).

Reactions: 3 people
He did the same thing with Roy Moore. In Trump's mind, as long as the man denies the allegations, he deserves the benefit of the doubt and that makes everything okay. Unfortunately for him in this matter, Porter's ex-wife has photographic evidence in support of her allegations (and her need for a protective order).

I think that may be giving us a deeper insight into Trump's beliefs on guilt and innocence than most realize.

Has the man been convicted? If not, guess what he is.

Has the man been convicted? If not, guess what he is.

We're not talking about court proceedings. The issue at hand is whether or not this man should have been employed in the West Wing of the White House and given interim security clearance even though the FBI had made it clear to White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, that Porter would NEVER be granted permanent security clearance.

Just because there is no criminal conviction doesn't mean an assault didn't take place. In this matter, the White House knew about the order of protection. They knew the FBI had spoken to the ex-wife and believed her claims. They should have known that photographic evidence would emerge... and yet Kelly unconditionally and publicly defended Porter anyway. Stupid.

Reactions: 2 people
We're not talking about court proceedings. The issue at hand is whether or not this man should have been employed in the West Wing of the White House and given interim security clearance even though the FBI had made it clear to White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, that Porter would NEVER be granted permanent security clearance.

Just because there is no criminal conviction doesn't mean an assault didn't take place. In this matter, the White House knew about the order of protection. They knew the FBI had spoken to the ex-wife and believed her claims. They should have known that photographic evidence would emerge... and yet Kelly defended anyway. Stupid.

My understanding is that the FBI already had the photo...but I could be wrong.

Either way you got Portman and Kushner, neither of them have permanent clearance looking at the daily brief everyday. I guess that's up to the President, but it doesn't seem all that smart.

Just because there is no criminal conviction doesn't mean an assault didn't take place. In this matter, the White House knew about the order of protection. They knew the FBI had spoken to the ex-wife and believed her claims. They should have known that photographic evidence would emerge... and yet Kelly unconditionally and publicly defended Porter anyway. Stupid.

Do you still beat your wife?

Omarosa evidently making Trump look bad on Big Brother.

Omarosa: I wouldn't vote for Trump again "in a million years, never" - CBS News

"It's not my circus, not my monkeys -- I'd like to say not my problem, but it's bad," Newman said. She said it's "not going to be okay ... it's so bad." When asked if she would vote for Mr. Trump again, Newman said "god no. Never. Not in a million years, never."
I wonder if she is the first person who got fired that isn't real happy with their former boss. To be honest, I was surprised that Trump hired her because she seems to be a very divisive individual. She is Terrell Owens in heels.

Last edited:
I wonder if she is the first person who got fired that isn't real happy with their former boss. To be honest, I was surprised that Trump hired her because she seems to be a very divisive individual. She is Terrell Owens in heels.

I was astonished that Trump hired her. She is a walking stick of lit TNT. The only question is when will she blow up. That was one of many indicators that Trump was incapable of making wise hires.

Innocent, like Trump said?

Unfortunately, a criminal conviction does not result from the majority of domestic abuse incidents. It's usually because the victim is either too afraid or is still hoping the relationship can be saved. That doesn't mean those assaults don't happen. The order of protection against Porter from 2010 should have been a red flag for this White House (it was for the FBI)... they not only hired him anyway, Kelly defended him after the allegations surfaced publicly. Stupid.

Stupid.

I agree. Kelly should've known about this as he is Chief of Staff. Handled very poorly.

SmokeScreen.......

Honestly, I felt like the media were overblowing this for the first day or so.

But now that it is coming out that Kelly knew of this for months and did nothing and that Hicks actively tried to meddle in it to help him keep his post, it is kind of disturbing. Add to that Trump's tone deaf response today, and a picture is emerging of this WH continually filtering out and rejecting anything they perceive as negative.

Rather than deal with problems, its skullduggery and rumor mills. No wonder so many have left there already.

Unfortunately, a criminal conviction does not result from the majority of domestic abuse incidents. It's usually because the victim is either too afraid or is still hoping the relationship can be saved. That doesn't mean those assaults don't happen. The order of protection against Porter from 2010 should have been a red flag for this White House (it was for the FBI)... they not only hired him anyway, Kelly defended him after the allegations surfaced publicly. Stupid.

What's the statute of limitations on domestic assault?

Honestly, I felt like the media were overblowing this for the first day or so.

But now that it is coming out that Kelly knew of this for months and did nothing and that Hicks actively tried to meddle in it to help him keep his post, it is kind of disturbing. Add to that Trump's tone deaf response today, and a picture is emerging of this WH continually filtering out and rejecting anything they perceive as negative.

Rather than deal with problems, its skullduggery and rumor mills. No wonder so many have left there already.

I have a good friend named Tom Elchenko who works as an auditor for the Federal government. In order for him to gain security clearance he needed last summer, I met with an FBI agent at a Starbucks in Knoxville... and the guy probed me about him for about two hours. One of the questions involved, "Do you know of any area where he might be subject to blackmail?" as well as his question after question about his finances (which I couldn't even answer). I was amazed how much he knew even before we sat down. They take their jobs very seriously and overturn every stone. There is no way someone with an order of protection in their past is getting approved for permanent security clearance by the FBI at the highest level. I can't believe Porter was hired... Rhodes scholar or not.

VN Store

Back