Mueller investigation: Rosenstein can right that wrong.

Vol0725

It's clear that Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein outlines no crimes to investigate in his appointment letter of Mueller. Many debate if his appointment was even necessary.

Rosenstein could do a great service by amending his special-counsel appointment to make clear that

(a) Mueller is to investigate Russia's actions to interfere in our election;

(b) the previous statements about possible Trump campaign coordination with the Russian government were unnecessary and are withdrawn; and

(c) President Trump is not personally suspected of wrongdoing in connection with the 2016 election.

Obviously, the last clarification would require Rosenstein to consult with Mueller; but given that the matter was under investigation for a year before Mueller's appointment, that Comey repeatedly told Trump he was not a suspect prior to Mueller's appointment, and that no other evidence of actionable collusion between Trump and Russia has publicly come to light, Rosenstein should relieve the president of the burden of this suspicion if that can be done honestly.

Note: What I am proposing would not preclude Mueller from continuing to explore possible obstruction offenses notwithstanding my personal view that the obstruction angle is meritless.

If Rosenstein did that, Mueller's investigation would have the public support it should have, and Congress could proceed with its inquiry into possible investigative abuses. The two are important and separate. They should not be at odds.

Read more at: Nunes Memo: How Rod Rosenstein Can Clean Up This Mess | National Review

Reactions: 2 people
Andrew McCarthy (article below) continues to ask great questions.
Just have to wonder if Rosenstein has read this... and if so, is it making him rethink his Mueller probe?

Rice Email Reveals Plan: Don’t Tell Trump He’s Being Investigated | National Review

Just reading this makes me highly perturbed... Comey, Obama, Rice, Yates, et al duplicity & corruption will go down in history as the worst scandal and abuse of power in American history...but who knows, nothing will likely ever be done about it, due to major inbred Swamp trash that's so deeply ingrained in the system.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
How about we just let the investigation continue? If there's nothing there, there's nothing there. I'm not in favor of placing artificial boundaries on it to protect Trump. If he did something wrong, he needs to be held accountable.

Reactions: 7 people
How about we just let the investigation continue? If there's nothing there, there's nothing there. I'm not in favor of placing artificial boundaries on it to protect Trump. If he did something wrong, he needs to be held accountable.

Almost 2 years = nada.

The basis of the investigation is based on a lie, and fraudulent, potentially criminal spying warrants.

Almost 2 years = nada.

The basis of the investigation is based on a lie, and fraudulent, potentially criminal spying warrants.

Mueller has not been investigating for almost 2 years. It's been less than a year. And neither you nor I know the extent of his findings.

Reactions: 6 people
Mueller has not been investigating for almost 2 years. It's been less than a year. And neither you nor I know the extent of his findings.

The 'counterintelligence' investigation is what Mueller continued after Comey was fired, along with the departure of all the Obama administration that originally initiated the apparent phony warrants...so it's been about 2 years.

Correct, we do not know his findings, nor if he's even investigating the president...that's the problem of discontent and unknown facts.

Reactions: 1 person

The investigation did not stop then start all over after Comey was fired and Mueller was hired...

The investigation did not stop then start all over after Comey was fired and Mueller was hired...

Correct, and here's the million dollar question...

And since counterintelligence investigations are conducted to inform the president (which 'was' Obama, at inception!) — the constitutional officer responsible for national security against foreign threats — it is worth asking: What was the difference between what the FBI told the FISA court about the Trump–Russia investigation and what they told the president of the United States about it?

:popcorn:

This guy is an POS...he needs to go.

Mueller's 'Pit Bull' Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence in Previous Case | Sara A. Carter

tenor.gif

Almost 2 years = nada.

What are you worried about then?

Let it play out, getting your panties twisted isn't going to change anything.

Reactions: 5 people
Correct, we do not know his findings, nor if he's even investigating the president...that's the problem of discontent and unknown facts.

Exactly, which is why we should just let the man do his job and stop hypothesizing about what he's found or not found. This is a guy who garnered strong bipartisan support when he was appointed.

Reactions: 7 people
Exactly, which is why we should just let the man do his job and stop hypothesizing about what he's found or not found. This is a guy who garnered strong bipartisan support when he was appointed.

I get your point...maybe missing the forest here.
This is based on my original thread post:

Rosenstein could do a great service by amending his special-counsel appointment to make clear that

(b) the previous statements about possible Trump campaign coordination with the Russian government were unnecessary and are withdrawn; and

(c) President Trump is not personally suspected of wrongdoing in connection with the 2016 election.

Obviously, the last clarification would require Rosenstein to consult with Mueller; but given that the matter was under investigation for a year before Mueller's appointment, that Comey repeatedly told Trump he was not a suspect prior to Mueller's appointment, and that no other evidence of actionable collusion between Trump and Russia has publicly come to light, Rosenstein should relieve the president of the burden of this suspicion if that can be done honestly.

Note: What I am proposing would not preclude Mueller from continuing to explore possible obstruction offenses notwithstanding my personal view that the obstruction angle is meritless.

If Rosenstein did that, Mueller's investigation would have the public support it should have, and Congress could proceed with its inquiry into possible investigative abuses. The two are important and separate. They should not be at odds.

i free ball when u opine, thus nowhere near twisted

Your panties are very clearly twisted, as evidenced by your constant bellyaching. This has nothing to do with be big fella, I'm just the messenger.

Reactions: 3 people
I guess I don't see any lack of public support, other than from Trump and his base. And Congress is free to do what it wants. Rosenstein doesn't need to change anything.

I guess I don't see any lack of public support, other than from Trump and his base. And Congress is free to do what it wants. Rosenstein doesn't need to change anything.

This whole Trump-Russia collusion is based on foundational lies, surrounded by anti-Trump corruption. That’s all that bothers me...I’m patient and optimistic it will end soon; but Mueller will have to earn his money and ‘get something ‘ somehow someway. It’s just how the game works.

It's clear that Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein outlines no crimes to investigate in his appointment letter of Mueller. Many debate if his appointment was even necessary.

Read more at: Nunes Memo: How Rod Rosenstein Can Clean Up This Mess | National Review

:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

What in the living Hell is the matter with you people! :crazy:
tRump has fired anyone investigating him, ''I fired Comey because of the RUSSIAN INVESTIGATION",. from a televised interview with Lester Holt. After this he invited communist adversaries into the WH to tell them he'd taken care of the investigation. Once again, WTF is the matter with you people! :dunno:

This whole Trump-Russia collusion is based on foundational lies, surrounded by anti-Trump corruption. That’s all that bothers me...I’m patient and optimistic it will end soon; but Mueller will have to earn his money and ‘get something ‘ somehow someway. It’s just how the game works.

WTF! It doesn't bother you and others on here that the communist ruskies are plotting to overthrow the government of the United States of America? It used to be united anyway. Very sad.

Not gonna take the bait, good try Partna’

You just can't conjure up a response to being outed as being all twisted up. I get it.

If there's nothing to worry about, be quiet and stop worrying.

VN Store

Back