The shut down thread

lawgator1

So Trump said he'd sign whatever the group came up with. They had a plan. He said ok. He invited them back hours later and he rescinded the deal.

McConnell says they'd like to pass something ... if they knew what Trump would support.

Graham says on the floor tonight, please tell us what will work. We can't read your mind.

This is where we are when you elect a know-nothing to high office. And my favorite part is when they say it's the Dems' fault. That's hilarious right there.

So Trump said he'd sign whatever the group came up with. They had a plan. He said ok. He invited them back hours later and he rescinded the deal.

McConnell says they'd like to pass something ... if they knew what Trump would support.

Graham says on the floor tonight, please tell us what will work. We can't read your mind.

This is where we are when you elect a know-nothing to high office. And my favorite part is when they say it's the Dems' fault. That's hilarious right there.

Trump never said that, they all know what his conditions are including ending chain migration and funding for the ****ing wall. You guys think you’re some kind a moron but in reality he’s the smartest **** her in the room. Daca was illegal to begin withand I hope they don’t ****ing do anything with it. You’re in no position to demand anything..

Trump never said that, they all know what his conditions are including ending chain migration and funding for the ****ing wall. You guys think you’re some kind a moron but in reality he’s the smartest **** her in the room. Daca was illegal to begin withand I hope they don’t ****ing do anything with it. You’re in no position to demand anything..
A lot of those so called Republicans just want the issue to go away. They would agree to anything.

Reactions: FLVOL69 and DC_Vol
Its no wonder we're doomed. We could all read the same set of facts and there'd be a percentage of LG's who failed to tell anyone they're illiterate.

Reactions: 2 people

Incorrect. He is on videotape saying he'd agree and place no conditions on it.

Then, of course, he did.

Its no wonder we're doomed. We could all read the same set of facts and there'd be a percentage of LG's who failed to tell anyone they're illiterate.

Last I heard Trump has his set of alternative facts. Anything or anyone that disagrees with him is fake news.

His supporters are no different. It is hard to have a functioning government when half the room has their head shoved up Trump's ass.

General Kelly said the bill didn't go far enough to prevent another DACA situation years into the future, and also wasn't vetted by enough lawmakers to win Trump's support.

"It did not include all of the senators that had been involved in the discussions about DACA, and certainly did not involve the House," he said. "[But] I will say this: The president that I work for wants 700,000 or so DACA recipients ... to have a way to stay in the United States legally."

"He wants that."

Kelly's visit prompted new hope among Republican immigration reformers that the president has turned a corner and will act as a catalyst toward a DACA deal.

White House kicks DACA fight back to Congress | TheHill

Trump said he’ll take the heat. He lives for the heat.

It’ll work out

Last I heard Trump has his set of alternative facts. Anything or anyone that disagrees with him is fake news.

His supporters are no different. It is hard to have a functioning government when half the room has their head shoved up Trump's ass.

Alternatively stated....

LIberal-think-tank-I-know-I-saw-that-article-about-Trump-in-here-somewhere.jpg

I suppose illiteracy is not unique to those named LG.

The facts are simple. Trump said he would sign a bipartisan plan if one could be had. That's true, an undeniable fact (as much as anything can be an undeniable fact anymore.)

He was presented a bipartisan plan, with only one democrat in the room. That democrat had signed on, certainly wasn't getting everything he wanted in the agreement.

It didn't even make it to the floor.

There is no way anyone can blame anyone but republicans.

With the exception of Durbin, who was helping present the plan, everyone else at the meeting was a republican.

Should it come to a government shut down, seems like the republican house, republican senate and the republican President should own it.

Reactions: 7 people
A community organizer could make a decision. Too bad we have a billionaire in charge that can’t.

The facts are simple. Trump said he would sign a bipartisan plan if one could be had. That's true, an undeniable fact (as much as anything can be an undeniable fact anymore.)

He was presented a bipartisan plan, with only one democrat in the room. That democrat had signed on, certainly wasn't getting everything he wanted in the agreement.

It didn't even make it to the floor.

There is no way anyone can blame anyone but republicans.

With the exception of Durbin, who was helping present the plan, everyone else at the meeting was a republican.

Should it come to a government shut down, seems like the republican house, republican senate and the republican President should own it.

I agree, McConnell, Graham, McCain and company need to be removed.

Reactions: 1 person

It's a good thing we never had a Government shut down while Obama was in office. Wait, never mind.

I agree, McConnell, Graham, McCain and company need to be removed.

And this is all that needs to be said. The political machine, whether D or R, is the issue.

Trump, no matter his issues and short comings, does represent the thought that life long career politicians are the issue, no matter their designated party. They are all complicit and are the real issue.

VN Store

Back