Jeff Flake lays into Trump

Vol_Doc

Vol in "The Ville"
Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake compares Trump's press attacks to Stalin in fiery Senate floor speech | Fox News

Wow. Gotta say that he speaks a lot of truth here. Not that there isn't a bit of hyperbole for effect, but we definitely have a president who is so insecure in his narcissism that he can't stand for any negative press, and it's impacting his ability to effectively govern. Past presidents would just let most of the criticism roll off their backs and continue with the work of the people.

I'm a lifelong Republican who even volunteered for GHWB's campaign back in high school, yet I'm disgusted by Trump's behavior. I would never have voted for Clinton, but I can't believe the voters allowed someone like Trump to even win the GOP nomination. It's embarrassing.

Reactions: 11 people
Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake compares Trump's press attacks to Stalin in fiery Senate floor speech | Fox News

Wow. Gotta say that he speaks a lot of truth here. Not that there isn't a bit of hyperbole for effect, but we definitely have a president who is so insecure in his narcissism that he can't stand for any negative press, and it's impacting his ability to effectively govern. Past presidents would just let most of the criticism roll off their backs and continue with the work of the people.

I'm a lifelong Republican who even volunteered for GHWB's campaign back in high school, yet I'm disgusted by Trump's behavior. I would never have voted for Clinton, but I can't believe the voters allowed someone like Trump to even win the GOP nomination. It's embarrassing.

Get over it

Reactions: 8 people
He can say just about anything he wants about the media, but the tweet a few months back where he threatened that someone should look into a publication's credentials (I think it was the NYT) was definitely a violation of the freedom of the press.

Reactions: 1 person
BYE_FELICIA.jpg

Lol wut? Name me exactly what press organizations Trump has shut down and I'll hang up and listen.

When you try to compare an American leader to Hitler or Stalin you've already lost your argument.

Reactions: 11 people
Lol wut? Name me exactly what press organizations Trump has shut down and I'll hang up and listen.

He wants to yank credentials of major news outfits (if they criticize him) and he wants the administration to revisit fundamental freedom of the press concepts in libel law.

Again, only if he doesn't like the coverage of him in a negative way.

Wow, the guy who couldn't win reelection is criticizing Trump. Hmmm reminds me of a certain TN senator.

Reactions: 4 people
When you try to compare an American leader to Hitler or Stalin you've already lost your argument.

Exactly. Stalin and Mao were evil monster Communist dictators that stifled the media directly and were responsible for the deaths of millions.

Trying to equate that evil subhuman garbage with Trump is very definition of extremism. This kind of extremism is what got Trump elected to begin with.

Reactions: 4 people
He can say just about anything he wants about the media, but the tweet a few months back where he threatened that someone should look into a publication's credentials (I think it was the NYT) was definitely a violation of the freedom of the press.

Let me know when he puts them under surveillance and threatens them with arrest. If a POTUS ever did that the left would be up in arms.

Yeah, well Flake is running against Trump for the Repub nomination in 2020, as a Democrat in a Republican guise. He is Kasich 2.0. Good luck.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back