Did Trump Use The Word "Sh*thole"

Did Trump Use The Word Sh*thole?

• Total voters

OuterBanksVol

Trump reportedly called countries like Haiti "sh*tholes" during a bipartisan meeting in the oval office on immigration. He later Tweeted that he did not use the word "sh*thole". However, the lone Democratic Senator in attendance has stated categorically that Trump did say "sh*thole" repeatedly, while 2 Republicans in attendance have stated they "don't remember" him using such language.

This event marks yet another time when Trump has reportedly said something provocative in private, only to later walk it back in the media. Who should we believe? What is the truth?

Last edited:
I agree Haiti is pathetic. This is fact. The problem in my view is Trump has no tact. As President, he should not talk like this. I know, I know, naysayers respond with talk of political correctness is a bunch of crap. I get that.

But I also get that our Presidents words have consequences - whether intended or not. To me, this event is akin to your wife trying on a dress and asking if it makes her look fat. So what do you do, personally, when it does make her look fat? What if she's fat to start out with and, well, everything makes her look fat?

If you support the Trump approach - call a spade a spade- you tell your wife she looksd fat. And where does that get you? I have... it doesn't end well.

My point is the office of President requires tact. Trump's lack thereof has now resulted in countries around the world resenting our President and, effectively, our country.

So what you say? Who cares? Don't kid yourself, there are consequences. Trump just cancelled his scheduled trip to England because the British largely hate Trump.

Don't buy it? Tell your wife she looks fat next time.

Reactions: 5 people
Trump reportedly called countries like Haiti "sh*tholes" during a bipartisan meeting in the oval office on immigration. He later Tweeted that he did not use the word "sh*thole". However, the lone Democratic Senator in attendance has stated categorically that Trump did say "sh*thole" repeatedly, while 2 Republicans in attendance have stated they "don't remember" him using such language.

This event marks yet another time when Trump has reportedly said something provocative in private, only to later walk it back in the media. Who should we believe? What is the truth?

Kind of like when Obama said he woke up every day focused on creating jobs

Reactions: 8 people
I agree Haiti is pathetic. This is fact. The problem in my view is Trump has no tact. As President, he should not talk like this. I know, I know, naysayers respond with talk of political correctness is a bunch of crap. I get that.

But I also get that our Presidents words have consequences - whether intended or not. To me, this event is akin to your wife trying on a dress and asking if it makes her look fat. So what do you do, personally, when it does make her look fat? What if she's fat to start out with and, well, everything makes her look fat?

If you support the Trump approach - call a spade a spade- you tell your wife she looksd fat. And where does that get you? I have... it doesn't end well.

My point is the office of President requires tact. Trump's lack thereof has now resulted in countries around the world resenting our President and, effectively, our country.

So what you say? Who cares? Don't kid yourself, there are consequences. Trump just cancelled his scheduled trip to England because the British largely hate Trump.

All I know is if there’s a problem in anybody’s country the first place they call for help is the US.. So I don’t buy everyone hates us.If there was an earthquake in Haiti tomorrow I’m sure they would have their hands out looking for aid

Reactions: 3 people
Rather or not it's true is not the relevant point. We could have a thread of true statements that should never be made, especially by the president.

Reactions: 1 person

Believe your eyes

Attachments

• 51FC0FFC-456B-4EDB-A75F-8F071D7174F8.jpg
    51FC0FFC-456B-4EDB-A75F-8F071D7174F8.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 11 people
Rather or not it's true is not the relevant point. We could have a thread of true statements that should never be made, especially by the president.

This was a closed door meeting in which some little ***** got butthurt and told on him, not some speech.

Reactions: 8 people
Jeez, who cares.

With one word Trump is the lead story in the news . . . .again.

Faux outrage.

Reactions: 4 people

I've told my wife her dress made her look fat. She hugged me and changed clothes.

But this isn't like that. This is me telling my wife that her sister in law that lives in our basement is fat and she is eating us out of house and home. And this is like my wife then scheduling pres conferences with the local news that I called her sister in law fat.

The office of the president requires tact? Ok. It also requires people to keep their mouths shut about closed door meetings.

Reactions: 4 people

You do show an allergy to true statements. I will give you that.

Also. Just as an aside, I wonder if Dan Rather was ever a whether man.

Reactions: 2 people

The lowlife that leaked comments from a private meeting resulted any resentment from other countries. It’s the if a tree falls in the woods with nobody around did it make a sound debate.

The lowlife that leaked comments from a private meeting resulted any resentment from other countries. It’s the if a tree falls in the woods with nobody around did it make a sound debate.

It’s like telling someone how to fish

Obama would have said.. US took advantage of Haiti for many years therefore we need to send them US taxpayer money

Reactions: 3 people

Triggered......

Obama would have said.. US took advantage of Haiti for many years therefore we need to send them US taxpayer money

And then he would have bowed to everyone in the room before reminding them to put air in their tires.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back