Question: Yesterday (1/11/18) Trump Tweeted about US Embassy in London

volholio

Trump tweeted:
Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 12, 2018​

However, NY Jets owner, US Ambassador to the UK, and Trump Supporter, Woody Johnson said the following after Trump's tweet:

Hours later, Trump's diplomatic appointee to the U.K., businessman and New York Jets owner Robert "Woody" Johnson, took an entirely different approach to the embassy's relocation and construction in an age where Trump has vowed to shake up America's place in the world -- even among rock solid NATO allies like Germany, and it would appear, in the U.K. as well.

"The new embassy is not just bigger, it is better and capable of meeting the complex challenges of the 21st century and beyond. It is the most secure, hi-tech and environmentally friendly embassy that the United States has ever built," Johnson wrote in the U.K.'s Evening Standard newspaper.​

The known "facts" I have from this article are that the W administration, post 9/11, set in motion the move and the sale and put the guidelines in place for the move. The location is on the river and in town and in a place that provides the security necessities the W administration suggested. Furthermore, the facility seems to world class and is the most expensive building in the UK.

What do you all make of this?

Reactions: 3 people
He's lying. Nothing new here. Bold face lie.

Propaganda at work. His supporters will eat it up while saying "fake news" and "sad!"

Reactions: 4 people
Trump tweeted:
Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 12, 2018​

However, NY Jets owner, US Ambassador to the UK, and Trump Supporter, Woody Johnson said the following after Trump's tweet:

Hours later, Trump's diplomatic appointee to the U.K., businessman and New York Jets owner Robert "Woody" Johnson, took an entirely different approach to the embassy's relocation and construction in an age where Trump has vowed to shake up America's place in the world -- even among rock solid NATO allies like Germany, and it would appear, in the U.K. as well.

"The new embassy is not just bigger, it is better and capable of meeting the complex challenges of the 21st century and beyond. It is the most secure, hi-tech and environmentally friendly embassy that the United States has ever built," Johnson wrote in the U.K.'s Evening Standard newspaper.​

The known "facts" I have from this article are that the W administration, post 9/11, set in motion the move and the sale and put the guidelines in place for the move. The location is on the river and in town and in a place that provides the security necessities the W administration suggested. Furthermore, the facility seems to world class and is the most expensive building in the UK.

What do you all make of this?

lolz. Classic dotard.

Reactions: 6 people
My wuss BIL that works there is probably crying about this right now.

I liken this to a-holes who wont go to the White House after winning some sports championship because of the sitting President. Its the President..you go visit.

This is the embassy of one of our oldest and closest allies in the history of our country..you go and cut that f$$$ing ribbon..

Reactions: 1 person
He's lying. Nothing new here. Bold face lie.

Propaganda at work. His supporters will eat it up while saying "fake news" and "sad!"

Trump tweeted something that 1) didn't have the facts straight, 2) blamed Obama for something and 3) tried to make it seem like it was completely his decision to avoid something he wasn't welcome to anyway.

Isn't that everyday?

Reactions: 5 people
I liken this to a-holes who wont go to the White House after winning some sports championship because of the sitting President. Its the President..you go visit.

This is the embassy of one of our oldest and closest allies in the history of our country..you go and cut that f$$$ing ribbon..

Without a red carpet parade in his honor? And there might actually be protests in London? Trump's ego couldn't handle that.

Reactions: 2 people
Uhm, well, he's the president of the United States. So that's what.

He makes me feel embarrassed to be American sometimes. We all look like idiots for allowing him to get elected.

Who cares? I was embarrassed when Clinton, Bush and Obama were in office. The White House is nothing more than a swirling cesspool full of corrupt and morally bankrupt trash. Has been since time immemorial. Thats never gonna schange.

So again, I say, so what?

Uhm, well, he's the president of the United States. So that's what.

He makes me feel embarrassed to be American sometimes. We all look like idiots for allowing him to get elected.

If Trump makes you embarrassed to be an American maybe you shouldn’t be. Nothing should make you embarrassed to be a citizen of the greatest nation to ever exist.

No big whoop. He's just the leader of the free world. You're right in that he's destroyed the integrity of the position so much now that people expect him to publicly behave like the moronic, racist Dotard he is.

Obama destroyed the integrity of the office, Trump is just kicking dirt on it.

Reactions: 3 people
If Trump makes you embarrassed to be an American maybe you shouldn’t be. Nothing should make you embarrassed to be a citizen of the greatest nation to ever exist.

American exceptionalism at it's finest.

Please provide some specific examples.

1. He used lies and deception on a scale never seen before to ram the biggest boondoggle in American history down our throats in the form of ACA.

2. His involvement in almost every local issue involving race just poured gasoline on the racial divide.

3. His world apology tour.

Those are just a few without going into things like the way he treated the military, fast and furious, Benghazi, the Arab Spring and many others. The man was on the wrong side of damn near everything during his term.

VN Store

Back