Dixie Stampede Is Now "Dolly Parton's Stampede"

Matt2496

They've decided to remove the "Dixie" from the Dixie Stampede's name to (I'm paraphrasing) to make the show about all of America and sell more tickets.

The vast majority of tourists in the area are Southern so I sincerely doubt they're going to sell many more tickets making this move. Although they say it has nothing to do with this, it seems to be a politically motivated.

wbir.com | 10Listens: Strong reactions to Dixie and Dolly Parton's Stampede

wbir.com | 'Dixie' dropped from name of Dolly Parton's dinner show

Please discuss. I want to hear opposing opinions.

Last edited:
Well that black girl who tried really hard to hate it should be pleased.

I think she is going to try to push this concept internationally so maybe it makes sense.

Dolly can do no wrong and damn you to hell if you disagree.

Being somewhat serious (hard to take this thread seriously) but a lot of people don't realize what she does behind the scenes for the community.

She's earned the right to rename a ride or two if she wants.

Reactions: 2 people
Being somewhat serious (hard to take this thread seriously) but a lot of people don't realize what she does behind the scenes for the community.

In my opinion, one of the finest folks to come out of our state. Her drummer of 25+ years and I frequent the same places and swap stories. I was pleased to learn she is exactly who she presents herself to be.

An absolute state treasure!

Greatest line from Dolly ever...

"Honey, it costs a lot of money to look this cheap."

Other nominations:

"I was the first woman to burn my bra-it took the fire dept 4 days to put it out."

"I look just like the girls next door...if you happen to live next door to an amusement park."

"After Momma gave birth to 12 of us kids we put her on a pedestal. Mostly it was to keep Daddy away from her."

Reactions: 1 person
They've decided to remove the "Dixie" from the Dixie Stampede's name to (I'm paraphrasing) to make the show about all of America and sell more tickets.

The vast majority of tourists in the area are Southern so I sincerely doubt they're going to sell many more tickets making this move. Although they say it has nothing to do with this, it seems to be a politically motivated.

wbir.com | 10Listens: Strong reactions to Dixie and Dolly Parton's Stampede

wbir.com | 'Dixie' dropped from name of Dolly Parton's dinner show

Please discuss. I want to hear opposing opinions.

Who honestly cares? It is what it is, regardless of what you call it. The name is just marketing.

Reactions: 1 person

Dolly Parton 4 life. She is an untouchable national treasure

VN Store

Back