Trump proposes amending the First Amendment

lawgator1

Wants to make it easier for him to squelch free speech which is critical of him.

Careful what you wish for Donny.

#evenmoreauthoritarian

#maybetheRussiansareontosomething

Reactions: 5 people
Say what you will but the man knows how to manipulate the media and the weak-minded

Reactions: 12 people
Say what you will but the man knows how to manipulate the media and the weak-minded

As gets proven a dozen times a day, with each new thread LG starts. Trump has built a mansion in millions of minds! It reminds me of the maniacal philosophy paradigm - the ghost in the machine, only Trump has dominating, unrelenting control.

Last edited:
That's how they all get elected.

It certainly makes up a portion of all campaign strategies, but I think McDad was rightfully pointing out that Trump has perfected the practice. While the practice may account for 5, 10, or even 20% of the votes for most politicians, it accounts for a far higher percentage of Trump votes.

Reactions: 2 people
It certainly makes up a portion of all campaign strategies, but I think McDad was rightfully pointing out that Trump has perfected the practice. While the practice may account for 5, 10, or even 20% of the votes for most politicians, it accounts for a far higher percentage of Trump votes.

Those who perfect the practice are called "president", otherwise known as the heavyweight champion of liars. The office is the reward for being the best manipulator.

Defiance is a beautiful thing. **** you Donald!

The feud that erupted between President Trump and one of the country’s top publishing houses escalated on Monday, when Henry Holt and Company, the publisher of Michael Wolff’s insider account of the Trump White House, issued a defiant legal letter in response to the president’s attempt to halt publication of Mr. Wolff’s “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.”

“Though your letter provides a basic summary of New York libel law, tellingly, it stops short of identifying a single statement in the book that is factually false or defamatory,” an outside lawyer for Henry Holt wrote. “Instead, the letter appears to be designed to silence legitimate criticism. This is the antithesis of an actionable libel claim.”

The lawyer, Elizabeth A. McNamara, who is representing both Mr. Wolff and Henry Holt, said that “my clients do not intend to cease publication, no such retraction will occur, and no apology is warranted.”

Reactions: 8 people
As gets proven a dozen times a day, with each new thread LG starts. Trump has built a mansion in millions of minds! It reminds me of the maniacal philosophy paradigm - the ghost in the machine, only Trump has dominating control.

The president floats revising the 1st amendment because he's a snowflake and you attack the messenger? Lol, sound like LG is the one living rent free.

Admit it, you'd have probably had a stroke if Clinton would have hinted at the same.

Reactions: 10 people

You're close to my intent. Trump has a talent but I don't think he perfected anything.

Reactions: 1 person
Wants to make it easier for him to squelch free speech which is critical of him.

#evenmoreauthoritarian

How long ago was this? Got a link?

The president floats revising the 1st amendment because he's a snowflake and you attack the messenger? Lol, sound like LG is the one living rent free.

Admit it, you'd have probably had a stroke if Clinton would have hinted at the same.

I stopped taking this serious at snowflake.... so 2016.

Only reference I can see in this was from about 9 months ago.

Is there anything slightly more current? Or is this just another one of LG's "let's make a thread and help Freak get a few clicks" moments?

LG, you had the chance to help Freak make a few bucks in the Gruden threads. But, alas, you wasted your opportunity.

#evenmoreauthoritarian

Most of the guys out there really aren't free speech these days anyhow in the manner that the strings are being pulled by someone else. Most left sided but some right depending on the station/s as we all know.

Having said that, I find it hard to believe your post has any truth to it.

Most of the guys out there really aren't free speech these days anyhow in the manner that the strings are being pulled by someone else. Most left sided but some right depending on the station/s as we all know.

Is he this way in person?

This morning he said that the administration is going to look at libel laws to try to make it easier for people like him to Sue when he feels that he has been aggrieved. The law in this area is well settled because he is a public official. It is purely a First Amendment issue. It is not a question of a statute. The only way to get what he wants, is to change first amendment law profoundly.

Reactions: 4 people
This morning he said that the administration is going to look at libel laws to try to make it easier for people like him to Sue when he feels that he has been aggrieved. The law in this area is well settled because he is a public official. It is purely a First Amendment issue. It is not a question of a statute. The only way to get what he wants, is to change first amendment law profoundly.

Still missing that link...

Still missing that link...

Trump Again Blasts Libel Laws, Calling Them As 'A Sham' : NPR

"This is not the first time President Trump has shaken his fist against our libel laws," said Suzanne Nossel, executive director of PEN America, which defends open expression. "In so doing, he is attacking the U.S. Constitution, which represents the gold standard worldwide in terms of protections for freedom of speech. Under the First Amendment people are free to denigrate and offend the president or anyone else, a freedom with which the president should be well-acquainted given his own penchant for insulting political opponents. While he can say what he wants, thankfully the president cannot change our laws, much less amend the Constitution."

I found this, not sure if this is what LG is referring to

Reactions: 5 people

You should be ecstatic, more work for your profession.

VN Store

Back