Listen to Inky on Arian's podcast

CMvol

Guys,

If you can put the hate for Arian aside, Please listen to the discussion between Inky Johnson and Arian Foster. These two can't be more different. One is an Optimist and other is a pessimist. One a Christian and other is an Atheist.

They discuss everything from money under table, religion, motivation. Just a great overall podcast.

Inky Johnson - #11 - Now What? with Arian Foster - YouTube

You're asking a lot of VN. Arian was Muslim. What's worse, Islam or atheism, VN?

I wouldn't call Arian Foster a pessimist but I haven't listened to this discussion. Thanks for the head's up.

Reactions: 1 person
You're asking a lot of VN. Arian was Muslim. What's worse, Islam or atheism, VN?

I wouldn't call Arian Foster a pessimist but I haven't listened to this discussion. Thanks for the head's up.

It has Inky though. Many of us love him. He has been a great ambassador for our university.

Arian calls himself a pessimist in the discussion.

It has Inky though. Many of us love him. He has been a great ambassador for our university.

Arian calls himself a pessimist in the discussion.

Well I guess you got me there, lol. Anybody next to Inky looks like a pessimist, IMO

A fumbler is worst of all.

I can't help it. I've always liked the guy.

Me too. The hate is weird. He's an interesting guy who, on the net, gave more to Tennessee than any of his internet haters.

His personality just doesn't play well to the countryside. Although... I find it brilliant to talk about opening a philosophy store with a straight face and needle reporters by answering questions like a pterodactyl.

Arian is just a weird dude, he also admitted to some stuff that could've (but didn't) gotten us in trouble with the NCAA. This fan base doesn't do well with that.

His personality just doesn't play well to the countryside. Although... I find it brilliant to talk about opening a philosophy store with a straight face and needle reporters by answering questions like a pterodactyl.

Yep - and that's an understatement.

Sports fans generally speaking tend to be more on the conservative side, especially college football fans.

Guys,

If you can put the hate for Arian aside, Please listen to the discussion between Inky Johnson and Arian Foster. These two can't be more different. One is an Optimist and other is a pessimist. One a Christian and other is an Atheist.

They discuss everything from money under table, religion, motivation. Just a great overall podcast.

Inky Johnson - #11 - Now What? with Arian Foster - YouTube

I heard Arian on Joe Rogan awhile back. Seems like a cool guy

Reactions: 3 people
17 minutes into this and Foster seems like a miserable, entitled guy. Education is a hoax and it is "a right" to wear the NFL shield. That's news to me.

17 minutes into this and Foster seems like a miserable, entitled guy. Education is a hoax and it is "a right" to wear the NFL shield. That's news to me.

You didn't get the context. He was talking about the athletes and how the NCAA doesn't want to pay them by saying that they are getting the education.
He didn't mean education is Hoax. Inky's reply is great too because education helped him.

As I said, we have to get past the hate towards him and then listen. He makes some good points man, and Inky's responses are from our view point.

Reactions: 2 people
Just watched most of the first 10 minutes and hearing Foster say that he thinks most people are “inherently bad” or are “POS” makes me feel bad for the guy. I would hate to be that jaded or wake up everyday with that mentality.

I actually thought that was funny and I felt like I got his point. People freak out when you say what's on your mind. It must get old getting up there and having to say what you're supposed to say. The whole thing is a stupid, mostly fake charade, so make pterodactyl noises.

The worst thing about sports media is that we have kow-towed athletes into having boring public personalities.

Reactions: 3 people
You didn't get the context. He was talking about the athletes and how the NCAA doesn't want to pay them by saying that they are getting the education.
He didn't mean education is Hoax. Inky's reply is great too because education helped him.

As I said, we have to get past the hate towards him and then listen. He makes some good points man, and Inky's responses are from our view point.

If that's the point he was trying to make, he certainly didn't make it very well. He said that in return for making their coaches rich, he got "the hoax of education." It sounds like he's saying that the education itself was hoax. I guess he might be trying to say that it is unfair that he got only a scholarship in exchange for playing college football, but it is very poorly articulated.

I agree that college athletes should be able to sell their likenesses, but it sounds like Arian is just simply jealous of Fulmer being able to roll up in a Lexus. Not even the biggest advocates of college athletes being able to get paid think they should (or even remotely could) be paid that kind of money. The NCAA's model should change, but proponents of paying players really do their argument a disservice when they employ the rhetoric that Foster does ("indentured servants," etc.).

The NCAA is a joke of an organization, but Arian seems like a really bitter guy. He's too young and has lived too good of a life to be that cynical and bitter. It is a "privilege" to be in the NFL because a select few people in the world have the ability to be able to do that. He thinks that since he worked hard for it, it's not a privilege but a "right" to play in the league? A ton of guys worked hard to try and get there. I'd be willing to bet someone out there has worked harder than he has to get there but came up short because they aren't as talented. He mentions earlier in the show that it was "pure luck" that he was born in the United States, a totally accurate statement. Well, if he was born in Uzbekistan to a peasant family, does he think he would have gotten into the NFL? That is why it is a privilege to be there, in addition to being something that you've worked for. He seems really quick to take comments made by people as some kind of personal affront.

About the only reasonable thing he says in this is that people care more about the perception of who they are than who they actually are, especially with social media everywhere.

If that's the point he was trying to make, he certainly didn't make it very well. He said that in return for making their coaches rich, he got "the hoax of education." It sounds like he's saying that the education itself was hoax. I guess he might be trying to say that it is unfair that he got only a scholarship in exchange for playing college football, but it is very poorly articulated.

I agree that college athletes should be able to sell their likenesses, but it sounds like Arian is just simply jealous of Fulmer being able to roll up in a Lexus. Not even the biggest advocates of college athletes being able to get paid think they should (or even remotely could) be paid that kind of money. The NCAA's model should change, but proponents of paying players really do their argument a disservice when they employ the rhetoric that Foster does ("indentured servants," etc.).

The NCAA is a joke of an organization, but Arian seems like a really bitter guy. He's too young and has lived too good of a life to be that cynical and bitter. It is a "privilege" to be in the NFL because a select few people in the world have the ability to be able to do that. He thinks that since he worked hard for it, it's not a privilege but a "right" to play in the league? A ton of guys worked hard to try and get there. I'd be willing to bet someone out there has worked harder than he has to get there but came up short because they aren't as talented. He mentions earlier in the show that it was "pure luck" that he was born in the United States, a totally accurate statement. Well, if he was born in Uzbekistan to a peasant family, does he think he would have gotten into the NFL? That is why it is a privilege to be there, in addition to being something that you've worked for. He seems really quick to take comments made by people as some kind of personal affront.

About the only reasonable thing he says in this is that people care more about the perception of who they are than who they actually are, especially with social media everywhere.

He probably did mean higher education is a hoax, which it is for about half of students. It's a jobs program for academics and the cost is many students graduate with $50k+ in debt and have a piece of paper that doesn't make them very marketable.

A finance degree will get you paid, but only so many people can be in finance. We have too many students and if you're student athlete who isn't cut out for finance, you get paid with a communications degree, which will likely do nothing for you. You'd be better off getting a 1 year vocational education.

Like Jason Whitlock said (paraphrasing), "for some of these kids, paying them with education is like paying me in size 34 jeans....I can't do nothing with 'em."

Reactions: 2 people
He probably did mean higher education is a hoax, which it is for about half of students. It's a jobs program for academics and the cost is many students graduate with $50k+ in debt and have a piece of paper that doesn't make them very marketable.

A finance degree will get you paid, but only so many people can be in finance. We have too many students and if you're student athlete who isn't cut out for finance, you get paid with a communications degree, which will likely do nothing for you. You'd be better off getting a 1 year vocational education.

Like Jason Whitlock said (paraphrasing), "for some of these kids, paying them with education is like paying me in size 34 jeans....I can't do nothing with 'em."

"Everybody needs to go to college" is a hoax. A degree in underwater basket weaving, especially if you borrowed money to pay for it, is a hoax. The student loan industry is a government-subsidized and promoted racket. The general principle of education, or higher education, isn't a hoax.

Again, maybe those first couple points were the ones he was trying to make, but I don't know because he articulated it so poorly. He has way too much of a "woe is me; everybody is bad and trying to take advantage of me" victim mentality.

What is worse? Which one has killed more innocent people in the last 20 years?

VN Store

Back