Toyota, Mazda Choose Alabama for New $1.6 Billion Car Plant

Great news for Huntsville and Alabama. Already a Toyota plant here that builds a few vehicle of their line and the Tundra motors.

Told my Alabama friend this plant was quite the coup for his state. He said they will build sedans, too.

Reactions: 2 people
I am appalled that you people would be posting about bringing good jobs to American citizens while president Trump is saying mean things. This proves Trump - Japanese collusion I meant Russia

Reactions: 3 people
Old news. This was actually announced in October. Was down to North Carolina or Alabama. They are planning new manufacturing of trucks in Mexico.

They also are getting hundreds if millions in tax incentives.

So good news for locals in Alabama. That's about it.

Reactions: 2 people
Old news. This was actually announced in October. Was down to North Carolina or Alabama. They are planning new manufacturing of trucks in Mexico.

Yeah FYI just about every large manufacturing company is given a tax incentive to open or expand a plant by the county, city, and state.

I know it’s hard for you to believe but putting people to work in a good manufacturing job is a good thing.

Yeah FYI just about every large manufacturing company is given a tax incentive to open or expand a plant by the county, city, and state.

I know it’s hard for you to believe but putting people to work in a good manufacturing job is a good thing.

Of course it is. I'm not saying it's not good news for those 4,000 people.

I hope they make great wages. I'm not counting on that, though, relative to ownership interests.

Reactions: 1 person

I hope they make great wages. I'm not counting on that, though, relative to ownership interests.

Toyota used to have a great reputation for treatment of employees. Has that changed?

So everything appears roses right now if you're wearing certain shades and every good thing that happens is all because benevolent Trump made it so....if markets start crashing in the next few years, are people going to credit Trump?

That’s what’s really bothering me about Trump, is the hypocrisy, because when Trump was a candidate, and he got elected because by and large, he told the truth about the phony nature of the recovery. Obama was out there talking about how great things were, and Trump was like, “BS, it’s not great. You’re talking about low unemployment? That number is bogus. The real unemployment rate is 20% or 25%.

When Trump was a candidate, he talked about the stock market. The stock market was going up when Obama was president, and Trump said, “Well, it’s a bubble! Who cares about the stock market? This is a big fat ugly bubble. What ‘til it pops.” He was right about that. Now he’s president, what is he saying? Every time I see him, “The stock market’s at a new record high. This is fantastic. It’s all because of me. This is great.”

Schiff On Trump's Economic Hypocrisy | Daily Wire

Which will be made back up in state income and sales taxes and possibly higher property taxes because now you have more people working at a higher wage.

Dems hate successful business owners. They don't seem to understand that a robust economy requires them to exist. No jobs without them. No taxes to take. Nothing for the government to regulate and interfere with. Nothing for wealth redistributors to complain about. No reason to generate the evil electricity or pull natural resources out of the fragile Earth.

Toyota is a great place to work. A buddy of mine works a manufacturing gig for them and loves it. He works hard but they really take care of their people.

Maybe Clinton can blame Toyota for losing the election? Don't think she has blamed them as of yet.

giphy.gif

Toyota is a great place to work. A buddy of mine works a manufacturing gig for them and loves it. He works hard but they really take care of their people.

That's what I've heard, too. Don't tell LG tho.

VN Store

Back