Weren't We Only Concerned w/ Illegal Immigrants from Cent. America?

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
There is no method to his madness. I'm sincerely curious about how you all will justify this move?

The Trump administration has revoked Temporary Protected Status for thousands of Salvadorans currently living in the United States. The immigrants now have until mid-2019 to make legal arrangements to stay in the United States; failing that, they must either return to El Salvador or endure life as an illegal immigrant.

About 186,000 people received the status, which allows them to live and work legally in the United States without the risk of deportation, following a devastating earthquake in El Salvador in 2001. Their legal right to be here has been renewed multiple times over the past two decades, thanks to the continually dangerous situation in El Salvador. Most have developed roots in the U.S., buying homes, building careers, and starting families.

El Salvador was the most violent country in the world in 2016, suffering a murder rate of 91 killings for every 100,000 people.

Meanwhile, the Immigrant Legal Resource Center (ILRC) estimates that deporting 186,000 Salvadorans will cost $1.8 billion, along with an additional $3.1 billion reduction in annual GDP.

Trump Tells Salvadoran Immigrants to GTFO - Hit & Run : Reason.com

What's there to defend, he's ending a temporary program that should have been ended over 10 years ago. He's giving them over a year to apply to legal residence.

Reactions: 12 people
I think 18 years is probably enough time to get your affairs in order. They were crying about this on PBS because MS-13 has such a presence there. Um lol you don’t think MS-13 members haven't used this waiver to come here?

Reactions: 4 people
What's there to defend, he's ending a temporary program that should have been ended over 10 years ago. He's giving them over a year to apply to legal residence.

Why end it? What is the point of the move? You don't think they've already been applying for citizenship?

Apparently you want the same result (they get to stay), but through a different process. Why are you so obsessed with methods? Results are what matter. This all costs money, so it needs to be defended/justified.

Why end it? What is the point of the move? You don't think they've already been applying for citizenship?

Apparently you want the same result (they get to stay), but through a different process. Why are you so obsessed with methods? Results are what matter. This all costs money, so it needs to be defended/justified.

I'm not an expert on the program but I do know that there are avenues for them to apply for permanent legal residence. Many have probably already started this.

So what's the big deal?

You assume I stand to benefit because all of your politics are based on selfishness.
Not really. Just an inordinate amount of hand wringing on your part. I thought you might be suffering withdrawal symptoms before they actually cut off your kush.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not an expert on the program but I do know that there are avenues for them to apply for permanent legal residence. Many have probably already started this.

So what's the big deal?

How is this even a question? We're talking about supplanting tens of thousands of people. Do you not understand that these are real lives and real people?

Somebody mentioned their fear about gangs....the adults who came here 17 years ago now have American born teenagers...think some of them might end up as gang members if Mom and Dad get deported?

Why? Why spend up to $2B on deporting them? Why surrender $3B in GDP so you can have less brown people around? Did some immigrant steal your girl?

They never should have been here in the first place. The money never should have been wasted on them to begin with. Once again you’re focused on the wrong thing. When are you going to adopt your family? When are you going to put your money where your mouth is?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
They never should have been here in the first place. The money never should have been wasted on them to begin with. Once again you’re focused on the wrong thing. When are you going to adopt your family? When are you going to put your money where your mouth is?
Huff donates to Hispanics by going on numerous vacations. Hispanics have to mow his yard while he's gone, and change the sheets in his motel room.

Reactions: 2 people
Why? Why spend up to $2B on deporting them? Why surrender $3B in GDP so you can have less brown people around? Did some immigrant steal your girl?

And if they go through the process and become legal, we won’t spend a dime or lose any of the gdp...

Maybe they just need the motivation to go ahead and go through the process.

Reactions: 3 people
How is this even a question? We're talking about supplanting tens of thousands of people. Do you not understand that these are real lives and real people?

Somebody mentioned their fear about gangs....the adults who came here 17 years ago now have American born teenagers...think some of them might end up as gang members if Mom and Dad get deported?

The program was temporary from the beginning and could have been (should have been) ended over a decade ago. Every adult who came here under the program knew this from the beginning so they should have been prepared to go home or worked to gain permanent legal residency.

Sorry but I don't feel sorry for people who didn't use the 17 years they had to prepare. As for the kids, I think this shows the absolute need to change birthright citizenship to require at least 1 parent be a citizen.

Reactions: 5 people
Trump is just throwing red meat to his base, and they are loving it. He and his supporters could care less about any impact on life or families. I think they like seeing immigrant families ripped apart to serve their bloodlust for Trump. Of course they don't care that this will likely cause worse gang problems. They just want the political win.

Trump is just throwing red meat to his base, and they are loving it. He and his supporters could care less about any impact on life or families. I think they like seeing immigrant families ripped apart to serve their bloodlust for Trump. Of course they don't care that this will likely cause worse gang problems. They just want the political win.

Guess what? Congress has over a year to do their jobs and fix it.

It's a sunk cost. You have to move on and make the best decision going forward. Live in the now.

And if they go through the process and become legal, we won’t spend a dime or lose any of the gdp...

Maybe they just need the motivation to go ahead and go through the process.

Who said they aren't already going through the process?

VN Store

Back