Trump @ football game

lawgator1

I wonder 1) whether any of the players will kneel; 2) how Trump would react to that (another staged walk out, a la Pence?).

Also will he get booed a lot? On the one hand, its college kids and alumni, who on the whole probably are not his base. But its UGA and Alabama folks, who of that group of fans nationally are probably his safest bet.

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder 1) whether any of the players will kneel; 2) how Trump would react to that (another staged walk out, a la Pence?).

Also will he get booed a lot? On the one hand, its college kids and alumni, who on the whole probably are not his base. But its UGA and Alabama folks, who of that group of fans nationally are probably his safest bet.

College players usually are not on the field during the anthem.

Reactions: 2 people

I’m with hog in doubting that you’ve ever been to a college game. The players are not on the field for the anthem.

What are the odds he claims that everyone is there to see him? And are they greater than the odds that he will claim to have been a fan of <insert winner here> all year?

Reactions: 3 people
What are the odds he claims that everyone is there to see him? And are they greater than the odds that he will claim to have been a fan of <insert winner here> all year?

Probably the same odds as you making another dumb post.

Reactions: 11 people
I’m with hog in doubting that you’ve ever been to a college game. The players are not on the field for the anthem.

For the National Championship game, they have been lately.

Vividly remember that ****ty country band doing it last year with both teams on the field.

Reactions: 6 people
Kirby Smart made a guy run the steps at the stadium for celebrating a touchdown in practice. I assume you start off your relationship with Saban in the doghouse. Why would any player want or piss those two off?

Plus, whichever team wins will do so because he was there.

Kirby Smart made a guy run the steps at the stadium for celebrating a touchdown in practice. I assume you start off your relationship with Saban in the doghouse. Why would any player want or piss those two off?

What could they do to a Senior?

Trump is a snowflake. Cries and moans every time someone doesn't give him the credit he feels is due. He's a sensitive little twit and expect him to act accordingly.

Reactions: 9 people

Why would they kneel because Trump is there? That won’t follow the alleged narrative. That would elevate Trump to a King-like status with his subjects kneeling before him. Although, since no one can give a straight answer on why they kneel then it would make sense to do it on a whim for no reason.

I would think that a university would be hard pressed to justify punishing a college football player for an act of protest.

I would think that a university would be hard pressed to justify punishing a college football player for an act of protest.

They got after them for putting area codes and bible verses on eye black. Kneeling may be a capital offense.

Why would they kneel because Trump is there? That won’t follow the alleged narrative. That would elevate Trump to a King-like status with his subjects kneeling before him. Although, since no one can give a straight answer on why they kneel then it would make sense to do it on a whim for no reason.

Trump was at the root of a lot of the kneeling.

For me, Trump's attendance is the cherry on top of the most vomit inducing game in history.

Trump was at the root of a lot of the kneeling.

For me, Trump's attendance is the cherry on top of the most vomit inducing game in history.

The kneeling began well before Trump was president. It was barely still in existence when Trump went to a rally in the deep south, Pensacola I believe it may have been, and just threw it out as race bait to the base, and that led to 100 x as much kneeling as before to protest both racial inequality generally, and Trump's race baiting specifically.

The kneeling began well before Trump was president. It was barely still in existence when Trump went to a rally in the deep south, Pensacola I believe it may have been, and just threw it out as race bait to the base, and that led to 100 x as much kneeling as before to protest both racial inequality generally, and Trump's race baiting specifically.

Trump should have kept his mouth shut about the kneeling. It would be over with, and 3/4 of these guys don't even know why they're kneeling. They just do it because of social media or because they hate Trump, and hell most of them don't even know why they hate Trump. They just think they're supposed to.

Trump should have kept his mouth shut about the kneeling. It would be over with, and 3/4 of these guys don't even know why they're kneeling. They just do it because of social media or because they hate Trump, and hell most of them don't even know why they hate Trump. They just think they're supposed to.

Agree with the first part. Its only an issue now because he made it one. As to the second part, the players know that Trump insulted them. So they are insulting him right back. If anything, it is just being Trump right back to Trump.

VN Store

Back