2017 Tax Reform

#VFL__

After a raging all nighter, it seems we as a country may be looking at one of the first major pieces of change in the Trump Era. I’m sure none of you have had the chance to look it over but I’m interested to see what the people on this website are most excited about. Per the usual, the vote went along party lines and it appears this was an attempt by the GOP to get any type of legislation passed due to their control on our government. I’m certain most of you support this and as I said earlier, I’m really interested in hearing how this is going to make your life better. Lots of interesting things Non tax related were included. First off, the potential oil & gas drilling in public land is disgusting. As far as I know, this country is not hurting or dying from lack of energy resources. As a hunter, I find it unlikely any other game hunter would support something like this. Period.

I’ll hang up and listen.

Reactions: 4 people
After a raging all nighter, it seems we as a country may be looking at one of the first major pieces of change in the Trump Era. I’m sure none of you have had the chance to look it over but I’m interested to see what the people on this website are most excited about. Per the usual, the vote went along party lines and it appears this was an attempt by the GOP to get any type of legislation passed due to their control on our government. I’m certain most of you support this and as I said earlier, I’m really interested in hearing how this is going to make your life better. Lots of interesting things Non tax related were included. First off, the potential oil & gas drilling in public land is disgusting. As far as I know, this country is not hurting or dying from lack of energy resources. As a hunter, I find it unlikely any other game hunter would support something like this. Period.

I’ll hang up and listen.

Have YOU looked it over? :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
I'm an old guy and the wife and I are fine. I feel for young families and working people. I don't see how this benefits them or the economy. It is not populist legislation. Hopefully Democrats will fix it in three years.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm an old guy and the wife and I are fine. I feel for young families and working people. I don't see how this benefits them or the economy. It is not populist legislation. Hopefully Democrats will fix it in three years.
I haven't read it either yet, but one thing is that it might get people to finally realize that mortgage deductions are not all that great a deal. Especially when interest rates rise.... and they are going to.

A cursory look tells me that doubling the standard deduction will be a benefit to me because I do not itemize.

I’ll hang up and listen.

All of the harvested oil and gas doesn't necessarily have to be consumed domestically.

It's a disgrace. I want to see someone defend this. I see 3 responses incoming.

"Anything that pisses of liberals is A-OK in my book!

"But her emails!"

*Deflection about something Obama said in 2013*

We paid 12% in federal taxes in 2016. I hope to be at about 10% for 2017.

Reactions: 2 people
It's a disgrace. I want to see someone defend this. I see 3 responses incoming.

"Anything that pisses of liberals is A-OK in my book!

"But her emails!"

*Deflection about something Obama said in 2013*

Why do you want a defense of something thats not even implemented yet? You are like a petulant child. This will be just like any other piece of government legislation. It will have some good things and likely more bad things.

Remember when the right made fun of the democrats for saying you have to read it to know whats in it. This one was apparently not even legible due to the scribbles in the margins. I'd wager that most Senators couldn't tell you what's in it if their lives depended on it.they paid attention to their carve out and that was it.

Remember when the right made fun of the democrats for saying you have to read it to know whats in it. This one was apparently not even legible due to the scribbles in the margins. I'd wager that most Senators couldn't tell you what's in it if their lives depended on it.they paid attention to their carve out and that was it.

Lol. This doesn’t have **** on Obamacare.

Lmao

Lol. This doesn’t have **** on Obamacare.

Lmao

Cbo estimates $1.36t cost to Obamacare over a decade. Cbo estimates the tax reform will result in a $1.4t addition to the deficit over a decade.

Lmao?

Reactions: 3 people
Cbo estimates $1.36t cost to Obamacare over a decade. Cbo estimates the tax reform will result in a $1.4t addition to the deficit over a decade.

Lmao?

Not reading it before passing it? Oh yeah.

Set motion to destroy healthcare in this country? Oh yeah.

Yes, lmao.

Lmao?

Estimates and projections are absolutely worthless. Your argument is good but this "supporting evidence" is garbage.

Estimates and projections are absolutely worthless. Your argument is good but this "supporting evidence" is garbage.

Since I don't have a time machine and Ms Cleo is dead no one can see the future.

They could be wrong but I'm siding with the guys with advanced degrees in mathematics and finance over a best guess from a career partisan politician.

Since read and analyzed it?

What hurts “working people” and young families?

Since I don't have a time machine and Ms Cleo is dead no one can see the future.

They could be wrong but I'm siding with the guys with advanced degrees in mathematics and finance over a best guess from a career partisan politician.

Weak and lazy.

A simple Google search of estimates and projections versus actual numbers with revenues and spending of proposed/passed bills would give ample data.

Since read and analyzed it?

What hurts “working people” and young families?

All you really have to know is that it was written by Republicans. You guys have this insane belief that if the money is allowed to go to the top it somehow miraculously finds its way down to everyone else in the way of more jobs and higher wages. This was tried under Reagan and failed. The wealthy hoarded the money. CEOs and officers were awarded huge bonuses and golden parachutes. Workers wages didn't improve accordingly. Instead of more workers being hired the corporations just demanded more production and more hours not to mention cuts in benefits.

On top of that the deficit began to balloon and taxes eventually had to be raised.

Beware if we have a recession under this bill the deficit will absolutely explode.

That’s a pretty silly position. REPUBLICAN BAD is just a knee jerk reaction to the whole thing. I don’t see how doubling the standard deduction hurts the young and lower earners. It simplifies their tax calculation and lowers their bill. Same with increased child credits and the new dependent credit. And whether you want to believe it or not you pay corporate taxes. They are a pass through straight to the consumer.

All you really have to know is that it was written by Republicans. You guys have this insane belief that if the money is allowed to go to the top it somehow miraculously finds its way down to everyone else in the way of more jobs and higher wages. This was tried under Reagan and failed. The wealthy hoarded the money. CEOs and officers were awarded huge bonuses and golden parachutes. Workers wages didn't improve accordingly. Instead of more workers being hired the corporations just demanded more production and more hours not to mention cuts in benefits.

On top of that the deficit began to balloon and taxes eventually had to be raised.

Beware if we have a recession under this bill the deficit will absolutely explode.

So you don’t know **** about it, just whining.

That’s a pretty silly position. REPUBLICAN BAD is just a knee jerk reaction to the whole thing. I don’t see how doubling the standard deduction hurts the young and lower earners. It simplifies their tax calculation and lowers their bill. Same with increased child credits and the new dependent credit. And whether you want to believe it or not you pay corporate taxes. They are a pass through straight to the consumer.

And you think if you lower the corporate tax they are going to pass that on down to you in lower prices? Big LOL

Do you know how corporations make more money. By having a large middle class making a good living and buying more and better goods. Give the breaks to the working class and it will tickle up. But it will never trickle down.

Last edited:

They could be wrong... either intentionally or unintentionally. Unintentionally wrong suggests that their models were correct but situations beyond their control occurred. Or, they could be intentionally wrong (boldfaced liars).

So wait, did YOU read it?

I've asked this twice now and still haven't gotten an answer.

VN Store

Back