Shocker: Trump's Been Lying about His Co.

armchair

A business reporter says that Trump's claims about his company's revenues are fantasy. Trump Co. revenues are about 1/10 what Trump claims. I understand: This isn't really anything new: When Trump opens his mouth and brags about something related to himself, it is GUARANTEED to be bull$hit. But worth noting anyway.

Trump Family Business Is Way Smaller Than The President Has Touted | HuffPost

Reactions: 8 people
Wait. So Democrats complain when they think he's making money, and then complain when he's making less than what he says.

Reactions: 5 people
A business reporter says that Trump's claims about his company's revenues are fantasy. Trump Co. revenues are about 1/10 what Trump claims. I understand: This isn't really anything new: When Trump opens his mouth and brags about something related to himself, it is GUARANTEED to be bull$hit. But worth noting anyway.

I knew he was just a common man. He's one of us, not filthy, stinking rich. Great news. Thanks for posting!

Reactions: 1 person
Shouldn't be difficult to reconcile. If the Trump Organization sold a building or two that could easily inflate the revenues. There can also be revenues that don't have to go on certain filings. Sales can be made from one controlled entity to another. One corporation controlled by Trump could have built a property and then another corporation that manages it could have bought it. That's revenue.

Company financials are subjective and open to various interpretations and motives. The IRS wants companies to put disbursement on their balance sheets as CapEx while companies with taxes due prefer to record them as expenses on their income statements for tax accounting. Companies want to record revenue for reports shared with investors and creditors but keep it off of income tax returns.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Also, when his tax statements were released, he still ended up paying more than some of his harshest critics.

So I'm confused... he doesn't make anywhere near as much as he claims, yet he pays more in taxes than you expected.

Can someone help me make sense of this outrage?

Reactions: 3 people
Also, when his tax statements were released, he still ended up paying more than some of his harshest critics.

So I'm confused... he doesn't make anywhere near as much as he claims, yet he pays more in taxes than you expected.

Can someone help me make sense of this outrage?
He's a Republican.

He's a Republican.

Nope. It's just that he lies like a butt hurt kid who didn't make the varsity.

It's like speaking out against the NFL. They wouldn't allow him to purchase a franchise because they didn't want his clown ass in their organization.

I get why people voted against Hillary. That being said, you've got to be a special kind of stupid to proudly support this ass clown we have in the oval office

Reactions: 5 people

It's like speaking out against the NFL. They wouldn't allow him to purchase a franchise because they didn't want his clown ass in their organization.

I get why people voted against Hillary. That being said, you've got to be a special kind of stupid to proudly support this ass clown we have in the oval office
Thanks.

Good thing he's getting into public service. A lot of money to be made
[twitter]https://twitter.com/kwilli1046/status/932238383379812352[/twitter]

Good thing he's getting into public service. A lot of money to be made
[twitter]https://twitter.com/kwilli1046/status/932238383379812352[/twitter]
Saving your whole paycheck for 289 years of public service, with nothing taken out of your check, should net that easily.

No different that the blind idiots who supported Obama. Trump made the NFL look completely stupid. Which it is.

No different that the blind idiots who supported Obama. Trump made the NFL look completely stupid. Which it is.

Actually, to intelligent and informed Americans, Trump made himself look stupid by speaking out against them. Only closed minded yahoos think Trump did the right thing there

NOt sure what Obama has to do with this thread, but as usual, you and your ilk will do everything you can to simplify and dumb down an issue. Nice

Reactions: 6 people
Actually, to intelligent and informed Americans, Trump made himself look stupid by speaking out against them. Only closed minded yahoos think Trump did the right thing there

NOt sure what Obama has to do with this thread, but as usual, you and your ilk will do everything you can to simplify and dumb down an issue. Nice

Your first sentence invalidates the rest of your post. As usual just blind Trump hate. Nice. Now you are in the same idiotic group as those who kneel.

So you admit to being just like an Obama supporter?

He didn't think that all the way through.

After all this time, I still get a kick out of people comparing Trump's shenanigans to Obama's as a serious retort without seeing the irony.

VN Store

Back