Trump appointment to the judiciary: unfortunately not the only unqualified nominee

lawgator1

Meet 36 year old attorney Brett Talley. He is dating a woman who works at the WH. Trump nominated him to be a federal court judge.

He has never tried a case.

He has never argued a motion.

He has been voted out of the Senate Judiciary on a straight party line vote, despite that fact that he has received a very rare unanimous ABA rating of not qualified.

Trump Nominee for Federal Judgeship Has Never Tried a Case - The New York Times

So, what has he been doing, if not actually practicing law such as to have a clue what being a judge would be about?

Turns out, he's a real life ghostbuster.

On his questionnaire for the Senate Judiciary Committee, a copy of which was provided to The Daily Beast, Talley says that he was part of The Tuscaloosa Paranormal Research Group from 2009-2010. The group, according to its website, searches for the truth “of the paranormal existence” in addition to helping “those who may be living with paranormal activity that can be disruptive and/or traumatic.”
David Higdon, the group’s founder and later a co-author with Talley told The Daily Beast that he couldn’t remember specific cases they may have worked on together.
“Mainly we may go into a house between maybe 7 at night and 6 in the morning and stay up all night long and see if we can see what’s going on,” Higdon told The Daily Beast in a phone interview, when asked about the paranormal group’s work generally. “If we go into a private house, we mainly try and debunk what’s going on.”
Higdon said that 85-90 percent of the time, they don’t discover any kind of paranormal activity.

“If you watch those TV shows, it seems like every five ten minutes, something is peeking up,” Higdon explained. “It’s not like it is on TV. You sit in the dark and mostly wish something does happen.”

Before He Was Tapped By Donald Trump, Controversial Judicial Nominee Brett J. Talley Investigated Paranormal Activity

What I find most interesting is that, apparently, 10-15 % of the time they DO find paranormal activity.

Wow. I mean who reviews these things and makes recommendations? This is absolutely the most appalling thing I've ever seen in terms of putting someone on the bench who is missing critical experience. How can he rule on objections, handle jury instructions, review sentencing guidelines, make evidentiary rulings?

200.gif

Reactions: 9 people
A left wing ACLU lawyer's opinion on judiciary suitability is about as useful as the tits on a boar hog!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 3 people
Too bad he doesn't have a backrground in community organizing. Would be a tremendous pick

Well...he does ....

Ectoplasm | Ghostbusters Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

..."All ghosts and paranormal activities are considered to be "ectoplasmic" by Ghostbusters, leading to the conclusion that it is scientific equivalent to the occult term "magic power". It is speculated that it is the state of being which the outworldly creatures like ghosts and demons take in order to enter our realm."...

And because Ghostbusters catch all sorts of "ectoplasmic creatures" sucking them into their Ghostbuster thingys, thereby forcing upon these ectoplasmic crreatures a condition worse than an overcrowded jail, one could say they (Ghostbuster) are indeed organizing a community within the ghost catching thingys.

But not a very good one.....

Like Barry

Hell, you can serve on the Supreme Court without ever having tried a case. You can be an ambassador to a country you know nothing about.

I don't like it but it's not as if Trump is the first to do this.

Reactions: 1 person
Hell, you can serve on the Supreme Court without ever having tried a case. You can be an ambassador to a country you know nothing about.

I don't like it but it's not as if Trump is the first to do this.

Since 1989, the American Bar Association has given a rating of unqualified to 6 federal court nominees... 4 of them are Trump's.

Reactions: 4 people
No, just far and away the prolific at nominating unqualified people to serve in a federal court... and it's worth noting that the last person prior to Trump's administration given a rating of unqualified was in 2006 and they withdrew.

Ok. I am against this pick by Trump. But the term unqualified is ambiguous. The only reason you are mentioning anything previous to Trump is to further your agenda of Trump hate. Nothing more. So carry on.

Ok. I am against this pick by Trump. But the term unqualified is ambiguous. The only reason you are mentioning anything previous to Trump is to further your agenda of Trump hate. Nothing more. So carry on.

The term unqualified is not an ambiguous rating to the American Bar Association. Talley does not meet specific minimum standard criteria and this rating has nothing to do with partisan politics as the ABA is not affiliated to any party.

As I noted I'm talking about nominated unqualified people for government positions.

Nobody cares who the ambassador to Sweden is. We are talking about a lifetime appointment to a federal court judgeship and Trump is not taking it seriously at all. This clown tweeted "Hillary Rotten Clinton" one afternoon and Trump liked it... and he's a lawyer too? Well then, let's put this guy on a federal court!

Reactions: 4 people
Nobody cares who the ambassador to Sweden is. We are talking about a lifetime appointment to a federal court judgeship and Trump is not taking it seriously at all. This clown tweeted "Hillary Rotten Clinton" one afternoon and Trump liked it... and he's a lawyer too? Well then, let's put this guy on a federal court!
Our side has an LG, too? Cool!

How can you say he’s not qualified and then post that he is indeed qualified?

The term unqualified is not an ambiguous rating to the American Bar Association. Talley does not meet specific minimum standard criteria and this rating has nothing to do with partisan politics as the ABA is not affiliated to any party.

Uhhhhh

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about this guy, but the ABA represents its membership well which indisputably skews to the left

Uhhhhh

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about this guy, but the ABA represents its membership well which indisputably skews to the left

That is a crock. Part of the ABA's stated mission is to eliminate bias. Sorry but this has nothing to do with partisan politics.

All part of the Trump master plan..its not about taxes..or walls..its about judiciary. Suck it libtards!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back