So Taylor Swift is a white nationalist now?

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Taylor Swift is encountering some turbulence in trying to protect her reputation.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Northern California wrote to the music superstar's lawyer on Monday, objecting to her demand that a blogger*remove and retract a Sept. 5 post headlined "Swiftly to the alt-right: Taylor subtly gets the lower case kkk in formation."

**In the post, Herning writes, "The idea that Taylor Swift is an icon of white supremacist, nationalists, and other fringe groups, seems to finally be getting mainstream attention. But the dog whistles to white supremacy in the lyrics of her latest single (Look What You Made Me Do) are not the first time that some have connected the (subtle) dots."

Taylor Swift gets ACLU pushback after she threatens to sue blogger

jesus christ. its a real world "Do you still beat your wife" situation.

either she admits that her lyrics were racist, or she is racist.

I read the lyrics, didn't read a single thing in there that was racist or supportive of the KKK/white supremacy.

Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do Lyrics | Genius Lyrics-careful this is a link to the "white supremacist anthem."

Reactions: 3 people
jesus christ. its a real world "Do you still beat your wife" situation.

either she admits that her lyrics were racist, or she is racist.

I read the lyrics, didn't read a single thing in there that was racist or supportive of the KKK/white supremacy.

Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do Lyrics | Genius Lyrics-careful this is a link to the "white supremacist anthem."

Is Taylor Swift White? Yes? Racist/White Supremacist

Does Taylor Swift have a successful career? Yes? Racist/White Supremacist

Has Taylor Swift accumulated wealth? Yes? Racist/White Supremacist.

Does Taylor Swift have natural hair on her head? Yes? Racist/White Supremacist

Does Taylor Swift drink milk? Maybe? Racist/White Supremacist.

Has Taylor Swift had an interracial relationship? Not sure? Racist/White Supremacist.

Reactions: 7 people
To a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

If you are desperate to find racism in everything, you will do so.

Reactions: 1 person
Swift is so white she is translucent. So, since she is that white, she must be racist towards others not of her same ethnicity.

Reactions: 2 people
and Obama had black nationalist admirers, what is your point

I wasn't making a point, just clarifying why her name comes up regarding white nationalists. I don't think anyone really thinks she is a white nationalist. This forum loves beating up on strawman racial arguments though

definitely would smash

I guess call me a White Nationalist because this is hot

45B9424500000578-0-image-m-11_1509082969927.jpg

taylor-swift-main.jpg

I wasn't making a point, just clarifying why her name comes up regarding white nationalists. I don't think anyone really thinks she is a white nationalist. This forum loves beating up on strawman racial arguments though

Did you read the article in the OP? because they are calling her a white nationalist, or at least her song.

Exactly

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back