Rick Perry Working Hard to Prop Up Coal....

armchair

Our energy secretary has floated some cockamamie plan to stick Midwest consumers with higher energy prices to help the country's 5th largest coal producer, which is owned by a major Trump supporter. Total BS from an administration that is awash in BS, corruption and policies moves that are bad for the country.

Trump coal backer wins big under Perry's power plan - POLITICO

Reactions: 8 people
Wait..

You said midwest consumers right? Rural, red state, truck driving country folk.

And you are upset?....

Dr. Jeckle.. Mr Hyde is calling..

Reactions: 2 people
Coal is essentially doomed as a source of energy production. We are in the midst of a renewal energy revolution. Solar power (including wind) is near the tipping point which will make it it the worlds most affordable energy source.

The article is correct and is typical Republican thinking. Consumers subsidizing coal producers would just put that money in the pockets of a few mine owners and do nothing to improve the lives of coal country residents. Extracting coal today is highly automated not labor intensive.

Of course all that money going to the mine owners and managers will trickle down, yeah sure it will. LOL LOL

Access Denied

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edit: Click on ACCESS DENIED and it will take your to the article by Morgan Stanley. I don't know why it posted like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Birds that have been killed by:

Coal mining- 0
Wind power- gazillion

Yea wind power.

Reactions: 4 people
We're already propping up alternative energy. I'm surprised you didn't include this in your OP.

Coal is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

I’m all about clean, renewable energy. But we’re not there yet. Coal will be around and is still necessary.

Reactions: 3 people
I remember reading a story about a bunch of people killed on a windmill after a fire started.

Lol, I see Perry is ignoring the conclusions of his own grid reliability study again.

Did anyone see where he recently argued fossil fuels are great because they prevent sexual assault?

Reactions: 3 people
Lol, I see Perry is ignoring the conclusions of his own grid reliability study again.

Did anyone see where he recently argued fossil fuels are great because they prevent sexual assault?

I did, he said that the electricity generated from fossil fuels would power lighting, security systems etc which in turn would help to make areas more secure.

Nuclear! When the left gets behind the cleanest and most reliable source of energy I'll start to listen to them.

Coal is essentially doomed as a source of energy production. We are in the midst of a renewal energy revolution. Solar power (including wind) is near the tipping point which will make it it the worlds most affordable energy source.

The article is correct and is typical Republican thinking. Consumers subsidizing coal producers would just put that money in the pockets of a few mine owners and do nothing to improve the lives of coal country residents. Extracting coal today is highly automated not labor intensive.

Of course all that money going to the mine owners and managers will trickle down, yeah sure it will. LOL LOL

Access Denied

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edit: Click on ACCESS DENIED and it will take your to the article by Morgan Stanley. I don't know why it posted like that.

It's not even close to the tipping point. We are in the midst of a government subsidy boom in renewable energy and Elon Musk is the poster child. Coal is about half the cost of solar. Wind is not reliable. The only way renewables become cheaper than coal will be through government decree (which is likely)

VN Store

Back