Shooting at a church in Sutherland springs Texas

This shouldn't be a problem. I believe it was Huff who said that people who went to black churches were the only ones who should feel afraid of being shot.

Reactions: 4 people

Have you been asleep for the last 20 years. America has a VAST number of mentally unstable people, and the country has a vast number of guns. Combine those two factors and you get mass shootings about once a week, and it is probably more frequent than that. A mass shooting used to be almost unheard of; now, they couldn't be more common. The New York Times recently ran a list of the mass shootings in America over the last three years or so--I forget what number of casualties the paper used as a threshold--but there were SCORES of them.

Eventually, I hope, America will come to its senses and greatly reduce the number of guns in this country--if not ban most guns altogether. But conservatives--led around by the nose by the NRA and other pro-gun groups--are nothing if not willfully stupid--or indifferent--about problems in America: When reality conflicts with their opinion or their ideology, they are happy to ignore reality. Much easier to give us their silly "send prayers" BS rather than do anything to solve the problem. Same with pollution, same with wages and income, same with climate change, etc.

There is very little that can be done to improve the mental health of Americans, given the number of people without health insurance, given the crappy policies that do not cover mental health treatments, given the number of people who go through life with mental issues that are not diagnosed. But we could do something about guns.

Reactions: 4 people
Have you been asleep for the last 20 years. America has a VAST number of mentally unstable people, and the country has a vast number of guns. Combine those two factors and you get mass shootings about once a week, and it is probably more frequent than that. A mass shooting used to be almost unheard of; now, they couldn't be more common. The New York Times recently ran a list of the mass shootings in America over the last three years or so--I forget what number of casualties the paper used as a threshold--but there were SCORES of them.

Eventually, I hope, America will come to its senses and greatly reduce the number of guns in this country--if not ban most guns altogether. But conservatives--led around by the nose by the NRA and other pro-gun groups--are nothing if not willfully stupid--or indifferent--about problems in America: When reality conflicts with their opinion or their ideology, they are happy to ignore reality. Much easier to give us their silly "send prayers" BS rather than do anything to solve the problem. Same with pollution, same with wages and income, same with climate change, etc.

There is very little that can be done to improve the mental health of Americans, given the number of people without health insurance, given the crappy policies that do not cover mental health treatments, given the number of people who go through life with mental issues that are not diagnosed. But we could do something about guns.

you remind us daily

Reactions: 14 people

And you and your kind were in the thread of the terrorist attack in New York crying about people “not letting the bodies get cold yet”. However, if it’s a gun, boom you show up. I’ll agree the shooter had issues, but the key to every story is it takes people to do this. Guns don’t kill people, period. More people are killed each year by other weapons, and always have been. I thought you were a smart northerner? Yet a dumb hillbilly like me knows more than you about murder stats? Wow, I feel awesome now!

Reactions: 7 people
[twitter]https://twitter.com/joshdcaplan/status/927304396312018944[/twitter]

Lets take a wild guess to what has changed the last 50 years. Guns have always been around, yet society has become more liberal, parents dont teach their kids morals or anything for that matter and we drug the hell out of kids who show any signs of hyper activity..

We have a society/drug/mental health problem, not a gun problem.

Reactions: 13 people
Lets take a wild guess to what has changed the last 50 years. Guns have always been around, yet society has become more liberal, parents dont teach their kids morals or anything for that matter and we drug the hell out of kids who show any signs of hyper activity..

Yep.

Reactions: 1 person
Apparently the pastor's 13 year old daughter was killed. no words.

And the Pastor and his wife were both out of town. Absolutely horrible. I can’t even begin to imagine what they’re going through.

The shooter was dishonorably discharged from the USAF so legally he couldn't purchase or own firearms anyways.

Reactions: 2 people

If society was as liberal as you make it out to be, bump stocks wouldn't still be legal.

Reactions: 6 people
According to what I just saw on the news it was a privately armed citizen that first engaged the shooter.

VN Store

Back