Tax reform

SpaceCoastVol

Jacked up on moonshine and testosterone
Sooooooo. they have had 8 years basically to plan THIS as well as the erasure of ObolaCare and wait until the 11th hour to put the brakes on their tax reform rollout.

Yay gubbamint!

Sooooooo. they have had 8 years basically to plan THIS as well as the erasure of ObolaCare and wait until the 11th hour to put the brakes on their tax reform rollout.

Yay gubbamint!

The establishment isn’t going to give Trump a win. They are ****ing themselves and don’t realize it.

Reactions: 2 people
Senators like corker And Graham think they’re doing something bowl in fact they are thwarting the will of the people

The establishment isn’t going to give Trump a win. They are ****ing themselves and don’t realize it.

1ac1fb6c886a863b42b5f80b221168032d5655d4.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Why would they disagree w Trump on branding? The is one area he is definitely a master

[twitter]https://twitter.com/tarapalmeri/status/925764435989458944[/twitter]

Can't wait for this joke of a bill to roll out.

Tip: Invest now and heavily in vaseline. The middle class is going to be clearing the shelves soon.

Reactions: 5 people

Tip: Invest now and heavily in vaseline. The middle class is going to be clearing the shelves soon.

I cannot wait to see whos sacred cows slaughtered and whos didn't.

The real question is how they sell a deficit growing tax cut as a benefit to the middle class if the largest cuts go to the wealthy.

I won't lie, having my S-corp pass through taxed at the previously estimated 25% cap makes me absolutely giddy.

Reactions: 4 people

The overwhelmingl majority of total income tax is paiid very the 1%

Reactions: 3 people

Thanks for the tip! I will enjoy getting more rich of your backs yet again.

Reactions: 1 person
Would you expound upon this phrase, please?

With less taxes there is less revenue, no sane person believes that tax cuts will be offset by spending cuts - therefore the tax cuts will result in a larger and more rapidly expanding deficit.

I'll admit that my statement makes an assumption, but let's face it - there is no way a tax cut gets passed with all of the sacred cows on the line and cutting those is the only way to make a revenue neutral tax cut.

With less taxes there is less revenue, no sane person believes that tax cuts will be offset by spending cuts - therefore the tax cuts will result in a larger and more rapidly expanding deficit.

I'll admit that my statement makes an assumption, but let's face it - there is no way a tax cut gets passed with all of the sacred cows on the line and cutting those is the only way to make a revenue neutral tax cut.

The hole you're digging is getting deeper and muddier.

Where is the Dena plan.. on wait... they never want to cut taxes .. they use the word “invest” as code for taxes

I don't get the argument "the majority of cuts go to the wealthy". Mathematically that almost has to be the case. Even if taxes were cut by 25% for the middle class and 1% for the wealthy there'd still be a bigger reduction in money given to the government from a wealthy (high income) person than a middle class person.

It's a red herring IMHO.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't get the argument "the majority of cuts go to the wealthy". Mathematically that almost has to be the case. Even if taxes were cut by 25% for the middle class and 1% for the wealthy there'd still be a bigger reduction in money given to the government from a wealthy (high income) person than a middle class person.

It's a red herring IMHO.
Egggggsactly It's the left's argument of convenience. If you cut the rate, the left will screech about cutting the rate more than for the middle class. If you cut the $ amount, they will screech that the middle class pays a higher rate (see Warren Buffett).

Taxation and revenue: Tax rates are not correlated to federal government revenue. Rates change what an individual pays. Rates do not change what federal government receives in revenue. Revenue average remains relatively constant at about 19% of GDP. The historical trend has been tracked since before WW2. Tax policy has changed frequently over those years. Tax rates have fluctuated dramatically as well. Therefore, one must be careful using phrases like, "deficit increasing tax cuts", or, "revenue neutral". These types of phrases are oxymoronic, at best. They are likely an outright lie used by the political class to manipulate the constituency, at worst.

Those who worry about revenue would have more success by championing aggressive growth in GDP. So far, this is the only historically valid method to increase money in the federal cofer. 19% of 100 Trillion is more than 19% of 20 Trillion. The rate one pays has no effect on how little or how much revenue is collected. GDP grows, currently, regardless of the policies of any particular administration. Both Rs and Ds have been in power during booms and busts. Economic expansion and retraction in America has been largely insulated from central planning by both parties.

For me then the question becomes: if revenue percentage is constant relative to GDP and only increased by increasing GDP and GDP is relatively uncontrollable by politicians, then what are we arguing about? The only control politicians have on tax monies is the spending of the revenue. Neither party and no configuration of DC, save two, has shown any evidence over 70 years that spending is a legitimate concern.

Reactions: 2 people
Taxation and revenue: Tax rates are not correlated to federal government revenue. Rates change what an individual pays. Rates do not change what federal government receives in revenue. Revenue average remains relatively constant at about 19% of GDP. The historical trend has been tracked since before WW2. Tax policy has changed frequently over those years. Tax rates have fluctuated dramatically as well. Therefore, one must be careful using phrases like, "deficit increasing tax cuts", or, "revenue neutral". These types of phrases are oxymoronic, at best. They are likely an outright lie used by the political class to manipulate the constituency, at worst.

Those who worry about revenue would have more success by championing aggressive growth in GDP. So far, this is the only historically valid method to increase money in the federal cofer. 19% of 100 Trillion is more than 19% of 20 Trillion. The rate one pays has no effect on how little or how much revenue is collected. GDP grows, currently, regardless of the policies of any particular administration. Both Rs and Ds have been in power during booms and busts. Economic expansion and retraction in America has been largely insulated from central planning by both parties.

For me then the question becomes: if revenue percentage is constant relative to GDP and only increased by increasing GDP and GDP is relatively uncontrollable by politicians, then what are we arguing about? The only control politicians have on tax monies is the spending of the revenue. Neither party and no configuration of DC, save two, has shown any evidence over 70 years that spending is a legitimate concern.

hard to argue with this

VN Store

Back