Rupert Murdoch - Ground Zero of Bizarro World

OuterBanksVol

Billionaire naturalized citizen Murdoch owns Fox, Wall Street Journal, New York Post, etc. His organization is making a concerted effort to undermine the Special Counsel process - with the WSJ demanding Mueller resign and Fox doing, well, what it always does - obfuscating facts and dangling the Hillary pinata for its viewers to bash.

Truth is, Fox News is the most viewed in the US. The WSJ is of course the bedrock source of all things business related, and more. Their collective influence on the opinions of millions of Americans is undeniable. And yet, from my perspective, Murdoch uses these "news" vehicles in a wholly deceitful, anti-establishment vein that is clearly polarizing and dividing us as citizens under one flag.

When I read Hannity's diatribe on Mueller''s indictment, I literally found myself shaking my head, wondering what planet this guy is from. When I read the WSJ editorial board calling for Mueller's head, it rose to the level of complete disbelief. And yet a huge percentage of Americans eats up this alternate-reality garbage, and spits it back out in the form of anti Hillary vitriol, "witch hunt" pronouncements and "evidence" to support our President.

We, as a people, are sheep apparently. Rupert Murdoch is single-handedly sowing discord amongst us.

Looking for the epicenter of "fake news"? 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Next stop? Murdoch's empire. His Bizarro-world concoction is the toxic sludge that keeps us ignorant, angry and fighting. He is an enemy of our nation, our Constitution and our way as a united people.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
^^And I suppose CNN, MSNBC and The NY Times are doing their patriotic duty?

Reactions: 10 people
^^And I suppose CNN, MSNBC and The NY Times are doing their patriotic duty?

Our nation is founded in the rule of law and operating based upon a semblance of "fact". Murdoch flouts both. Is MSM slanted to the left? Absolutely. But, by and large, MSM seeks truth, facts and transparency. Fox, on the other hand, is the mouthpiece of Murdoch. It is not MSM. It is a right-wing, opinion-based puppet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Very few on the left are fooled by Fox. They're a known commodity. Most of what they say and do is geared to rabble rouse. I often watch Fox in the mornings and hear it echo throughout the day on VN.

Reactions: 6 people
Murdoch's use of his media empire to accomplish his political goals is pretty well documented. It's a shame it's been extended to the WSJ.

Reactions: 2 people
Our nation is founded in the rule of law and operating based upon a semblance of "fact". Murdoch flouts both. Is MSM slanted to the left? Absolutely. But, by and large, MSM seeks truth, facts and transparency. Fox, on the other hand, is the mouthpiece of Murdoch. It is not MSM. It is a right-wing, opinion-based puppet.

None of them seek truth, facts or transparency. It's about time you realize this. All of them, including Fox cater to their audience and political masters.

Reactions: 4 people
Is MSM slanted to the left? Absolutely. But, by and large, MSM seeks truth, facts and transparency.

Incongruous. One cannot claim truth and fact while simultaneously acknowledging slant or bias. Truth and fact are independent of slant. If bias or slant is present, then truth and fact is not.

It appears you have thrown stones from your glass house.

Reactions: 8 people
All of MSM is designed to divide and blindfold you from the truth...both sides have the same goal of division...in cahoots to keep left and right arguing on VN while keeping you oblivious to the corruptness that has engulfed every facet of government...

Incongruous. One cannot claim truth and fact while simultaneously acknowledging slant or bias. Truth and fact are independent of slant. If bias or slant is present, then truth and fact is not.

It appears you have thrown stones from your glass house.

Wrong. Completely. Facts can absolutely be accurately presented with bias and slant. The onus is is on us to discern and distinguish opinion from fact. In contrast, Fox presents utter falsehoods in the guise of facts, and further bakes these lies with a side of bias and slant.

If you can't see or don't understand the difference you're part of the problem... and Rupert says "thank you" all the way to the bank.

Reactions: 5 people
Wrong. Completely. Facts can absolutely be accurately presented with bias and slant. The onus is is on us to discern and distinguish opinion from fact. In contrast, Fox presents utter falsehoods in the guise of facts, and further bakes these lies with a side of bias and slant.

If you can't see or don't understand the difference you're part of the problem... and Rupert says "thank you" all the way to the bank.

You can repeat your lie for as long as you like; you can accuse me of being part of the problem (neither true or factual by the way) and it doesnt alter the incongruity.

except they have all been doing the same thing. presenting opinions as facts. how many times have they had to walk back a story? how many times do they fire someone for spreading a lie, AFTER it comes out as a lie? they are no more honest, and present just as many stories without any proof as cold hard facts.

Reactions: 1 person

There is no news only opinions of events that are tilted by your political view

Very few on the left are fooled by Fox. They're a known commodity. Most of what they say and do is geared to rabble rouse. I often watch Fox in the mornings and hear it echo throughout the day on VN.

Fox News is state-run Trump TV, they are a 24/7 infomercial for Trump - they are not news, they never have been.

Reactions: 8 people
Fox News is state-run Trump TV, they are a 24/7 infomercial for Trump - they are not news, they never have been.

And the same can be said about MSNBC and CNN during the Obama years. Not a damn bit of difference between the three, they're all about ratings and catering to the audience.

Reactions: 3 people
And the same can be said about MSNBC and CNN during the Obama years. Not a damn bit of difference between the three, they're all about ratings and catering to the audience.

There is actually a huge difference. Fox News is by far the worst, they are serial mis-informers and deceivers.

Proven fact: viewers of Fox News are less informed than people who consume no news at all.

Reactions: 9 people
There is actually a huge difference. Fox News is by far the worst, they are serial mis-informers and deceivers.

Proven fact: viewers of Fox News are less informed than people who consume no news at all.

:lolabove:

Reactions: 2 people
Billionaire naturalized citizen Murdoch owns Fox, Wall Street Journal, New York Post, etc. His organization is making a concerted effort to undermine the Special Counsel process - with the WSJ demanding Mueller resign and Fox doing, well, what it always does - obfuscating facts and dangling the Hillary pinata for its viewers to bash.

Truth is, Fox News is the most viewed in the US. The WSJ is of course the bedrock source of all things business related, and more. Their collective influence on the opinions of millions of Americans is undeniable. And yet, from my perspective, Murdoch uses these "news" vehicles in a wholly deceitful, anti-establishment vein that is clearly polarizing and dividing us as citizens under one flag.

When I read Hannity's diatribe on Mueller''s indictment, I literally found myself shaking my head, wondering what planet this guy is from. When I read the WSJ editorial board calling for Mueller's head, it rose to the level of complete disbelief. And yet a huge percentage of Americans eats up this alternate-reality garbage, and spits it back out in the form of anti Hillary vitriol, "witch hunt" pronouncements and "evidence" to support our President.

We, as a people, are sheep apparently. Rupert Murdoch is single-handedly sowing discord amongst us.

Looking for the epicenter of "fake news"? 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Next stop? Murdoch's empire. His Bizarro-world concoction is the toxic sludge that keeps us ignorant, angry and fighting. He is an enemy of our nation, our Constitution and our way as a united people.

You are absolutely right: The divisiveness we now see in the American polity was started by Murdoch when he created fox and put a former GOP operative in charge and turned into a pure propaganda vehicle for Republicans--peddling disinformation 24/7. Fox and Roger Ailes--the fat jackoff who ran the network--basically declared war on the Democrats and progressives and were happy to do or say anything to win their political battles. Most of what emanated from Fox was blatantly dishonest or distorted--disinformation. Murdoch is in fact responsible for most of the decline in political honesty and civility.

Ignorant conservatives--who are always into false equivalency--like to lump CNN and MSNBC and the mainstream media in with Fox, claiming they are just as bad. WRONG. Fox is fundamentally an amateurish talk-show network, full of wankers who parrot the Murdoch/GOP/Koch Bros. talking points. Mainstream media companies have never been run by Democratic operatives and never existed merely to promote nonsense and lies about the other side. On the cable side, CNN was a dull news network for years. It has changed mostly in reaction to Fox. The same is true of MSNBC. If a viewpoint
is progressive, and this is important, it is honestly arrived at. Conservative viewpoints are not honestly arrived at--they are aimed mostly at fighting and defeating Democrats. This is precisely what we saw with Obamacare--a lot of fraudulent conservative hysteria. Fraudulent because conservatives didn't have a better idea--only worse ideas that involved throwing a lot of poor people on the street with no health insurance. Conservatives are on the wrong side of most issues, especially with respect to the long-term, and this is why they've become so radical and dishonest. The GOP and conservatives are all about lies and propaganda nowadays, and this has been true for a decade--and getting worse by the year.

Reactions: 5 people
"....Fox viewers were less likely to know the capital of Canada, the religion of the Dalai Lama, or the size of the Federal budget. They couldn't find South Carolina on map or name the second digit of pi."

:eek:k:
:unsure:

VN Store

Back