GOP Senate Minus Corker, Flake and McCain = 49

OuterBanksVol

Well, he did it. Trump has singlehandedly managed to destroy the Republican majority that he had in the Senate by being a total d-bag. By attacking Senators Corker, Flake and McCain, he has now lost any semblance of certainty in getting his legislative agenda through Congress. Moreover, given the extreme animosity, all three are likely to stick it to the Donald heretofore regardless of their political bent.

You earned it, Dotard.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Somehow Trump supporters think they have won something here. If somebody who opposes Trump goes down, they celebrate, regardless of the collateral damage.

Reactions: 3 people
Lol @ "certainty over his legislative agenda". Have I missed some landmark legislation that the Senate GOP has fallen in line behind Trump on?

Reactions: 4 people
Well, he did it. Trump has singlehandedly managed to destroy the Republican majority that he had in the Senate by being a total d-bag. By attacking Senators Corker, Flake and McCain, he has now lost any semblance of certainty in getting his legislative agenda through Congress. Moreover, given the extreme animosity, all three are likely to stick it to the Donald heretofore regardless of their political bent.

You earned it, Dotard.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Those rats need to leave. This is good for the republic.

Reactions: 8 people

You earned it, Dotard.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.
Well, there's this:

News reporter Peter Doocy asked the following: “Has your relationship with the president frayed to the point that you are not going to support anything that he comes to you and asks for?”

“Why would you say something that stupid?” McCain replied. “Why would you ask something that dumb? . . . You mean that I am somehow going to behave in a way that I'm going to block everything because of some personal disagreement? That's a dumb question.”

So this is a dumb thread.

Wish it were true but they are still bonehead Republicans and aren't at odds with their agenda. They just see idiot Don for what he is and are speaking out.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, there's this:

News reporter Peter Doocy asked the following: “Has your relationship with the president frayed to the point that you are not going to support anything that he comes to you and asks for?”

“Why would you say something that stupid?” McCain replied. “Why would you ask something that dumb? . . . You mean that I am somehow going to behave in a way that I'm going to block everything because of some personal disagreement? That's a dumb question.”

So this is a dumb thread.

There's few (if any) trumpers in this forum that don't believe McCain voted down on ACA because of his loathing of trump.

So the perception is there even if McCain doesn't want to acknowledge it.

Those rats need to leave. This is good for the republic.

When one rat leaves another will be taking his place.

Like Roy Moore, a guy who openly shirked the law in favor of personal belief.

That's surely a great thing for our Republic.

Reactions: 2 people
If it breaks up the two major parties I am for it.

It will only break up the Republican party, the Dems are in lockstep with their leaders.

The funniest thing is we have Dems here defending these guys, the same posters who were making fun of the GOP congress for not having a HC bill ready to go after 7 years.

It will only break up the Republican party, the Dems are in lockstep with their leaders.

The funniest thing is we have Dems here defending these guys, the same posters who were making fun of the GOP congress for not having a HC bill ready to go after 7 years.

I think we are starting to see some separation. like if Bernie had won, that would split the Dems establishments. and which hate side rules.

either party lines up when it is the other guy in charge, but when they are in charge each group wants to get their thing done. and each party pretty much defines themselves as "not the other guy" if there are other guys they are responding to the remaining party loses their definition. sure that remaining party might win the next election but it wont last long as everyone wants theirs.

They're still making fun of you because overall it's a bad look, no matter how you choose to take a microscope to the situation. Flake can't win because he sided with the GOP on HC.

His seat is probably going to be won by a bisexual atheist. I'm sure some of you are going to love her as a senator (if you don't already hate her as a congresswoman).

Last edited:

You earned it, Dotard.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

I'd say getting rid of Corker, Flake and McCain is draining the swamp. Hopefully he can add McConnell and Graham

They're still making fun of you because overall it's a bad look, no matter how you choose to take a microscope to the situation. Flake can't win because he sided with the GOP on HC.

His seat is probably going to be won by a bisexual atheist. I'm sure some of you are going to love her as a senator (if you don't already hate her as a congresswoman).

I’m all for any incumbent being tossed regardless who wins. The real power SCOTUS should be fine for a few years.

An unconstitutional law? If pedophilia became legal septic. I guess you'd support it because it was "law"

This makes no sense. It's totally illogical to assume that the incumbent is the worst option.

right now I would say this hits more than it misses. now granted they all suck, but right now Congress is too cushy of a job.

right now I would say this hits more than it misses. now granted they all suck, but right now Congress is too cushy of a job.

Probably so, but we aren't exactly playing odds in a vacuum here. It's not the average GOP incumbent vs the average D...we know who the players are. It's a pretty good conservative vs a sort of wild card progressive liberal.

This makes no sense. It's totally illogical to assume that the incumbent is the worst option.

When between the house and senate (primarily the senate) after 7 years they can’t have a HC bill ready to pass and be signed, they don’t have a tax bill ready along with a budget the challenger can’t be any less effective or worse.

An unconstitutional law? If pedophilia became legal septic. I guess you'd support it because it was "law"

The law in question was upheld as Constitutional by SCOTUS.

Big fan of your hyperbole, it's a great way to make a convincing point to rational people.

Here we go with this "the law" nonsense. Not being able to display the 10 Commandments on state property, I would argue, is an unjust law that needs to be broken.

Yeah, these same Dems were slobbering all over GW Bush last week. Incredible...

You earned it, Dotard.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

What significant legislation has the Congress delivered to the presidents desk for signature?

They've managed to get nothing done. It's not Trump's fault. They couldn't get **** done when they had the opportunity while Obama was in office.

These guys are losers. They are failures on the job. And it doesn't have anything to do with siding with Trump.

Flake knows he is a long shot to win his next election and is now trying to pitch his departure as some moral stance versus just taking his ball and going home (LG style :) )

Here we go with this "the law" nonsense. Not being able to display the 10 Commandments on state property, I would argue, is an unjust law that needs to be broken.

We live in a Republic. This "law nonsense" is the very foundation of our Constitution.

Roy Moore was twice removed from his bench for twice defying federal courts. Once for the Commandments and once for refusing to allow the issuance of same sex marriage licenses.

Fortunately, we live in a Republic where laws matter and your opinion of what laws should be enforced are just that, opinions.

It's terrifying to think that Alabama just hired a legislator who believes laws are recommendations.

Let's see where we Really stand without Flake and Corker.

Both Flake and Corker are OPEN BORDERS politicians, and Corker is as responsible as anyone for the Horrendous Iran nuclear deal.

They both should go ahead and resign, and allow the governors of Arizona and Tennessee to name their temporary replacements.

VN Store

Back