1348 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Trump just solved health care Page 9. within the forum Politics. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 10-12-2017, 09:54 PM   #121
golfballs
мячи для гольфа

Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care
Obamacare BTFO
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 09:54 PM   #122
volinbham
VN GURU

Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care
Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 Grad View Post
I'm not saying that anyone should be. I am just saying that apparently people would rather pay for entertainment than some other things.
I know - just pushing buttons
Old 10-12-2017, 10:01 PM   #123
lawgator1

Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfballs View Post

If that's true, the GOPers who complained about Obama EOs need to be heard from.

Tell you what, in any event, the GOP now owns all of healthcare. Lock. Stock. Barrel.

Good luck with that.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #124
Jxn Vol

Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care
Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgator1 View Post
If that's true, the GOPers who complained about Obama EOs need to be heard from.

Tell you what, in any event, the GOP now owns all of healthcare. Lock. Stock. Barrel.

Good luck with that.
I donít think you get to decide that. I know yíall are desperate to unload it, but itís not that easy. Good luck with that.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #125
lawgator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxn Vol View Post
I donít think you get to decide that. I know yíall are desperate to unload it, but itís not that easy. Good luck with that.

Ha. How desperate are Is the GOP to avoid, not just doing anything, but taking responsibility for it when they do?

So sad.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 10:12 PM   #126
Jxn Vol

Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care
Quote:
Ha. How desperate are Is the GOP to avoid, not just doing anything, but taking responsibility for it when they do?

So sad.
I know it burns. Keep putting ointment on it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #127
golfballs
мячи для гольфа

Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care
Quote:

Good luck with that.
Those payments were an illegal overstep by Obama in the first place
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 10:29 PM   #128
lawgator1

Quote:
Those payments were an illegal overstep by Obama in the first place

This is not going to go over well. Even GOP members of Congress are backlashing.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 10:34 PM   #129
tim
Volsquatch

Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care
Quote:

Good luck with that.
Meh. We were the only ones paying for it anyway
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 10:39 PM   #130
Biopsyman

Quote:
EO.

Says it will make cheaper policies available for millions of people. Millions. Cheaper but somehow better coverage and care.

Can't wait.
The ACA or any other health insurance will never contain costs due to Self-induced human behavior
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 10:41 PM   #131
golfballs
мячи для гольфа

Quote:
This is not going to go over well. Even GOP members of Congress are backlashing.
Who?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 10:43 PM   #132
tim
Volsquatch

Trump just solved health care Trump just solved health care
Quote:
Who?
You know
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 10:55 PM   #133
lawgator1

Quote:
Who?

Just watch Trumps twitter for him calling anybody a childish name. You can assume that person had the nerve to offer anything less than total support.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-13-2017, 12:02 AM   #134
AM64

Trump just solved health care
Quote:
Originally Posted by luthervol View Post
I'm not sure I follow your point. I find the salaries some of our athletes make to be reprehensible, borderline criminal. It highlights some of the deficiencies of free market capitalism. Capitalism frequently brings about a negative correlation with jobs and pay.

Jobs with a high degree of moral, ethical, and societal worth frequently do not pay well because of the number of moral and ethical people willing to preform the job with little regard to pay. (military, police, fire, nurses, etc...) Capitalism rewards greed over selflessness. That's a rather big flaw in my book. But it works out swimmingly for the greedy.
My point was that - because of the time and cost to be able to practice, doctors generally incur significant debt while other people are already earning an income. It's wrong to believe they shouldn't be more highly compensated than most people. They have the additional burden of malpractice insurance.

You cannot mix in the other costs for facilities and testing - particularly extensive testing to prove they did everything in the event of a malpractice suit. Sure it inflates your bill, but overhead is a cost of doing business, and it has to be paid.

The other side of the equation is that many people justify what a professional athlete makes as - he/she deserves it because they can only play the game for a short time in relation to a normal lifespan. Yet, the same people don't seem to see the disparity in the way they view what a doctor vs what an athlete is paid. Apparently you do see that part.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-13-2017, 06:36 AM   #135
luthervol

Quote:
Originally Posted by volinbham View Post
Who says athletic jobs (or whatever job category you are angry about) are lacking moral or ethical worth? Further, society determines what is valuable - if you want to remove the free market aspect then the alternative is the choice is made by the few (elected officials?). I know you have dictatorial tendencies but while the market is not perfect, it is the most democratic choice mechanism we have. You hate the Electoral College because it's not democratic enough but you don't want individual choice to determine what society as a whole values. Seems like a major disconnect to me.

I'd like to see your evidence that someone choosing to be an educator is more moral or ethical than someone who chooses to be an athlete.

The truth is that anyone of us in this discussion could qualify to be a teacher (public school K-12). There are over 3 million public school teachers.

Virtually none of us could qualify to be a professional athlete and there are about 15K across all sports in the US. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the average salary for them is about 50K (high school teachers average 58K: boom).

It ain't about morals, ethics or societal worth (whatever that means).
People are made up with lots of conflicting traits and tendencies. Envy, compassion, kindness, greed, lust, jealousy, community, etc... As a general principle, I've always felt that the economic system should try to promote positive traits and discourage the more negative. In my mind, pure capitalism does the exact opposite. There is a role for free market capitalism, but it's way overplayed and overvalued in this country. Greed, lust, envy, jealousy etc....drive much of our system and the way we market it to the public. Some like it and think it's great.....I don't.
Reply With Quote TOP