Oh Dear Lord

lawgator1

Trump just said "It's frankly disgusting the press is able to write whatever it wants."

200.gif

What a freaking idiot we have for POTUS. Mind boggling at this point.

Reactions: 19 people
that would require having any idea what he said. honestly if it wasn't for you and others here I would have no clue what Trump was ranting about. you might try it, can't imagine hanging on every word of a guy I hate.

Reactions: 4 people
😬

Attachments

• 7E2CB7A0-E8B7-4B5F-A13E-882E200B0697.jpeg
    7E2CB7A0-E8B7-4B5F-A13E-882E200B0697.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: 8 people
I won't defend it but clearly he's complaining they can just make stuff up and report it as news.

Isn't this exactly what the President does? He makes statements all the time like "People are saying.." what people?? no different than anonymous sources. Trump's only issue with he media (outside of Fox) is they don't kiss his ass. I'm sure his interview tonight with Hannity will be another fluffer job from Sean.

A week off from the PF was good, at least everything is still the same in here.

Reactions: 8 people
The First Amendment. Provide your counter defense counselor.

Don't confuse the issue. He can say it. I mean, its stupid and peels back another layer to show us his ignorance and lack of basic Constitutional principles he claims to protect.

But its not disgusting. Its a concept that goes back to the founding of the country, and one litigated and developed over the last 60 years, extensively. It cannot be boiled down to a pithy "It's disgusting they can write what they want" little nugget of wisdom for his monumentally dumb supporters.

Reactions: 4 people
Isn't this exactly what the President does? He makes statements all the time like "People are saying.." what people?? no different than anonymous sources. Trump's only issue with he media (outside of Fox) is they don't kiss his ass. I'm sure his interview tonight with Hannity will be another fluffer job from Sean.

You need to hit the ff, it’s wild! Hope you’re doing okay man.

Reactions: 1 person

Yes it's what the POTUS and every other politician does.

The press is supposed to be fact driven and objective. I assume he's saying they aren't and he doesn't like it. Dumb thing to say but it's also dumb to make into to some big deal like he's saying the press shouldn't be able to say true things.

He makes dumb statements all the time. It's also dumb to turn each dumb statement into a topic that drives the news cycle.

He's his own worst enemy and the press is it's own worst enemy.

Reactions: 2 people
You are joking, right?

He does that literally every single day. Usually a few times.

of course he makes stuff up

the press isn't supposed to - he's complaining they do

this isn't thread or newsworthy imho but predictably it will become some big deal.

it was a dumb statement and the reaction is dumb too.

You need to hit the ff, it’s wild! Hope you’re doing okay man.

Oh I was reading some of the threads...Looks like Dormady is getting benched, JG's parents are the ones behind all the negative Butch talk and Riley's dad thinks Tennessee is a $$$$ show. Heard Gruden might be looking to build on his land, his son is a sophomore at UT..possibly Rex Ryan coming here as the DC and there's a plane watch for anyone the fans might think is a good fit. I want Chip Kelly to come here but that's a long shot

Don't confuse the issue. He can say it. I mean, its stupid and peels back another layer to show us his ignorance and lack of basic Constitutional principles he claims to protect.

But its not disgusting. Its a concept that goes back to the founding of the country, and one litigated and developed over the last 60 years, extensively. It cannot be boiled down to a pithy "It's disgusting they can write what they want" little nugget of wisdom for his monumentally dumb supporters.

This is why the reaction is dumb. You've invented what he was "really saying" and are reacting to that.

Whatever - screech away. You really got him this time.

of course he makes stuff up

the press isn't supposed to - he's complaining they do

this isn't thread or newsworthy imho but predictably it will become some big deal.

it was a dumb statement and the reaction is dumb too.

Do you think the President should just make **** up to appease his base?

This is why the reaction is dumb. You've invented what he was "really saying" and are reacting to that.

Whatever - screech away. You really got him this time.

It's crazy that people think this kind of thing works, it just backfires over and over. I don't even vote, but its really easy to see all this strange behavior and taking things out of context really doesn't go over very well hence why one could conclude why the last 1-2 years happened.

Its kind of like every few years they find some old Japanese soldier on an isolated island and he has no idea WWII is over or didn't want to accept it.
Japan WW2 soldier who refused to surrender Hiroo Onoda dies - BBC News

It's like Trump is only comfortable when he's venting anger on Twitter. Whether it's against a media outlet (The New York Times, Washington Post, CNN or NBC), a celebrity (Arnold Schwarzeneggar, Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and SNL), a Republican member of Congress (Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, Bob Corker or Lisa Murkowski), a Democratic member of Congress (Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Adam Schiff or Richard Blumenthal), a member of his own cabinet (Jeff Sessions or Rex Tillerson), Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, the NFL or the Golden State Warriors; he has attacked them all and to some extent everyone has done him wrong, in his opinion. In Trump's world, everyone is unfair to him while he is completely righteous. He has taken accountability for nothing which has gone wrong in his first 9 months in office while no major legislation has been passed. He just vents one long and annoying nasal whine after another day after day on Twitter - usually shrouded with inaccuracies and hypocrisy. He comes across as a childish, narcissistic whiner.

Reactions: 5 people
That's not what I asked...do you think it is ok for the President to sit around and just make **** up to boost their ego...this isn't a right wing or left wing thing

That's my point. Doesn't matter who's in office or which party it is. It's always happened and will always continue to do so. Politicians don't care.

VN Store

Back