Fed gov jobs down 13k

joevol320

Congrats to pres trump, cutting MT's, luthergaytor, septic's bloated gov. No wonder you guys are having a marxist circle jerk against Trump. Keep cutting President Trump. Hey, will you libs be kneeling at Saturday's game vs SC. Or do people like soccer and cricket over football

Reactions: 6 people
While I am glad to see some sort of cut, that's barely 0.5% of all federal employees. Why all the chest thumping? Maybe it's because there are so few accomplishments to champion?

Reactions: 4 people
While I am glad to see some sort of cut, that's barely 0.5% of all federal employees. Why all the chest thumping? Maybe it's because there are so few accomplishments to champion?

Gotta start somewhere.

It took years for BRAC to take full effect.

Reactions: 2 people

given the trend under the previous admin I'd say this is a pretty significant change in direction.

Those jobs don't contribute to the Trump business empire so he doesn't need them. Just as long as he can call it a win for him is all that matters.

Defense spending is only about 16% of the total budget. If you read the constitution, defense of the country is an actual function of the government.

What in the **** does this have to do with my post? I'm very aware of the need for National Defense. Also more than the next 7 countries as far as amount spent..... Combined. Our defense spending is very much a problem and needs a ton of reform.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If you want to keep reducing the national debt you must keep making cuts. This is something the Obama administration never understood. Government jobs and spending on unnecessary items are super-inflated at this point.

What in the **** does this have to do with my post? I'm very aware of the need for National Defense. Also more than the next 7 countries as far as amount spent..... Combined. Our defense spending is very much a problem and needs a ton of reform.

Our military does far more than fight wars. As you probably do as well, i also agree that our tax dollars should be spent wisely, including defense spending. However, thats the first argument any liberal jumps to. Its 16% of the budget, its not the problem.

Work for the federal government… Nice pay raises every year in possible to get fired and do very little work… Dream job

Says the federal defense employee.... :hi:

You think the OPM budget is even a fraction of what we spend on hardware?.......hardware that the services didn't really want?

FTR, I don't care if they slash the workforce by 50%.....I aint getting canned, 70% disabled Veteran...........I'll be the one turning the lights off lol

Reactions: 1 person
Work for the federal government… Nice pay raises every year in possible to get fired and do very little work… Dream job

Yeah, I just do so very little work and I would welcome you to compare salaries between private sector and Gov. You might be surprised just how much less someone like me gets paid than my counterpart who works for say Raytheon....doing the same exact job.

Last edited:
If you want to keep reducing the national debt you must keep making cuts. This is something the Obama administration never understood. Government jobs and spending on unnecessary items are super-inflated at this point.

We don't make cuts.......we only not increase the spending from year to year. That's not a cut

When I served over 25 years ago, many civil servant employees that I dealt with were useless. Once they got past their probation period, they practically had to kill someone to lose their job. Are things still this way? If so, maybe they need to look at the civil servant hiring/firing practices and revamp them. A lot more fat could be cut.

EDIT: There were many good CSE as well. Did not mean to imply that there wasn't.

I live/work near Ft. Knox and know of several that work there. Many of those people are there for a reason...

Last edited:
When I served over 25 years ago, many civil servant employees that I dealt with were useless. Once they got past their probation period, they practically had to kill someone to lose their job. Are things still this way? If so, maybe they need to look at the civil servant hiring/firing practices and revamp them. A lot more fat could be cut.

EDIT: There were many good CSE as well. Did not mean to imply that there wasn't.

I live/work near Ft. Knox and know of several that work there. Many of those people are there for a reason...

Yes. Showing up to work drunk. Being AWOL. Abusing sick leave. Drinking at work. Destroying government property. Sleeping at work.

See all this..and thats just ONE person who has not been fired.

Yes. Showing up to work drunk. Being AWOL. Abusing sick leave. Drinking at work. Destroying government property. Sleeping at work.

See all this..and thats just ONE person who has not been fired.

I've seen AWOL (the others I have seen but those people were fired pretty quickly) but the notion that all Government employees are useless and lazy is like saying all white people love country music.

VN Store

Back