Trump may have met his match in Corker

lawgator1

Trump went after him this morning with a typically petty tweet. Corker quickly answered that it's a shame that the White House has become an adult day care center.

This guy is going to relentlessly expose Trump for the con man Trump is. I'm sure Trump will call for Congress to investigate Corker.

Reactions: 14 people
Corker is a crook. He got busted for failure to disclose millions in income a couple years ago, although nothing happened other than a slap on the wrist. I’d take Trump’s word over Corker’s any day of the week.

Reactions: 11 people
Corker is a crook. He got busted for failure to disclose millions in income a couple years ago, although nothing happened other than a slap on the wrist. I’d take Trump’s word over Corker’s any day of the week.

You are literally the only person in the world besides Trump that would. Even Melanie knows Donny is a charlatan. I

Reactions: 11 people

This is no justification for taking Trump's word over Corker. Trump can lie with the best of them. You might as well say you trust Trump because you like him more.

Reactions: 19 people
Just the fact that Corker, now free of the shackles of reelection, is saying the things that every other Senator, both democrat and republican, is thinking. It's refreshing.

Reactions: 13 people
He's a loser RINO who will only be remembered as part of the most inept and incompetent Congresses ever. I'd love to see the people of Kentucky get as fed up with McConnell as Tennesseans are of Corker. Goodbye!

Reactions: 10 people
Trump's claim that Corker begged for his endorsement and said that he couldn't win re-election in Tennessee without it, is impossible to believe. Regardless of how you feel about Corker he has been highly critical of Trump since the very beginning. Why would he want an endorsement from someone he has called incompetent...

And also, why would Corker need a Trump endorsement in the first place? Incumbent Republican candidates don't lose primaries in the state of Tennessee. Bob Corker won the Republican primary in 2012 with 85.1% of the vote. He won the general election with 64.9% of the vote. Does anyone here honestly believe that Corker begged Trump for an endorsement and then told Trump that he couldn't win Tennessee without it? If so, you would literally believe ANYTHING that Trump says.

Reactions: 6 people
He's a loser RINO who will only be remembered as part of the most inept and incompetent Congresses ever. I'd love to see the people of Kentucky get as fed up with McConnell as Tennesseans are of Corker. Goodbye!

Trump is the biggest RINO in the land and you hug his nuts like they are mana from heaven. Isn't a bit disingenuous to use that as a pejorative against corker?

You bozos elected a clown and blame the crowd for calling it a circus.

Reactions: 12 people
Just the fact that Corker, now free of the shackles of reelection, is saying the things that every other Senator, both democrat and republican, is thinking. It's refreshing.

It's refreshing that our representatives only tell the truth once they are no longer our representatives? Interesting.

Reactions: 3 people
Trump is the biggest RINO in the land and you hug his nuts like they are mana from heaven. Isn't a bit disingenuous to use that as a pejorative against corker?

The nut hugger attack is weak.

Reactions: 2 people
It's refreshing that our representatives only tell the truth once they are no longer our representatives? Interesting.

It's not a political phenomenon, it's human nature. When you are wanting something from someone, you have a tendency to tell them what they want to hear.

Trump's claim that Corker begged for his endorsement and said that he couldn't win re-election in Tennessee without it, is impossible to believe. Regardless of how you feel about Corker he has been highly critical of Trump since the very beginning. Why would he want an endorsement from someone he has called incompetent...

And also, why would Corker need a Trump endorsement in the first place? Incumbent Republican candidates don't lose primaries in the state of Tennessee. Bob Corker won the Republican primary in 2012 with 85.1% of the vote. He won the general election with 64.9% of the vote. Does anyone here honestly believe that Corker begged Trump for an endorsement and then told Trump that he couldn't win Tennessee without it? If so, you would literally believe ANYTHING that Trump says.

Corker was going to lose. Among GOP voters in Tennessee, Trump is yugely more popular than Corker

Reactions: 5 people

Everyone knows Trump isn't a "bonafide" conservative. Corker is a phony just like most of the Republicans in Congress

Reactions: 4 people
I just looked it up and the last time an incumbent Republican candidate lost a statewide re-election bid in the state of Tennessee was (R) Senator Bill Brock who lost to (D) Jim Sasser in 1976. It is worth noting that due to public anger over Watergate, many incumbent Republicans struggled in '76. That was an unusual year.

If you honestly believe that Bob Corker needed Trump's endorsement to win re-election and "begged" for it, then you are either gullible or just plain stupid. If Corker had sought re-election, he wouldn't have seen anything more than token competition in either the primary or the general election - just as was the case in 2012 when he won 85.1% of the primary vote and 64.9% of the general election vote. I would bet there is not one person on here who can even name anyone who opposed Corker in 2012 (without looking it up).

Reactions: 7 people
Corker was going to lose. Among GOP voters in Tennessee, Trump is yugely more popular than Corker

That is bull $hit! You do not have ANYTHING which supports that. Corker would not have even seen anything more than a token challenge just like in 2012. Incumbent Republican candidates do not lose statewide elections in the state of Tennessee. Corker won 85.1% of the primary vote in 2012. FACT.

Reactions: 4 people
That is bull $hit! You do not have ANYTHING which supports that. Corker would not have even seen anything more than a token challenge just like in 2012. Incumbent Republican candidates do not lose statewide elections in the state of Tennessee. Corker won 85.1% of the primary vote in 2012. FACT.

He was gonna lose. You believe his excuse for not seeking reelection?

Reactions: 3 people
He was gonna lose. You believe his excuse for not seeking reelection?

He said in 2006 that he would likely only serve two terms... and he was going to lose to who exactly? Nobody even announced an intention to oppose him!!!! You are a Trump sheep who would believe anything he says. My statement is not conjecture, it is a fact that except for 1976 when there was lingering anger over Watergate, Republicans don't lose statewide re-election bids in Tennessee. Corker got 85.1% of the primary vote 2012! He would have received more competition in the general election for crying out loud!... and still won 60% of the vote there as well!

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back