50 Killed 200+ Injured in Vegas Music Festival Shooting

No details yet on the gun used, but probably an assault rifle. Said it before, and I'll say it again: These guns serve no purpose in our society, and the 2nd Amendment does not grant the right to bear such arms intended for warfare. Not sure if this horrific incident will result in banning them to the public, but it should.

Reactions: 5 people
64 year old shooter. Shooting into the crowd with an automatic from his hotel window

Horribly sad. Stephen Paddock 64, Vegas resident was the shooter.
This is a horrific act and I don't know how you prevent something like this from occurring.

He seemed to fire for a pretty long time without interruption. Drum Mag maybe?

RWB_AR15100_530x388.jpg

Hope Sin City is ok, not sure if he's a country fan or not. Terrible tragedy.

Reactions: 2 people
If it was actually a full auto (as it might actually be in this situation), well those things are highly regulated and very expensive to get ahold of. There’s definitely going to be some i interesting conspiracy theories for this situation.

I have a friend who was in Vegas this weekend. She was staying at the Mandalay. She was not in the concert, but was in an adjacent area. She said it was terrifying and she and some others were hustled into a room at the hotel.

Horribly sad. Stephen Paddock 64, Vegas resident was the shooter.
This is a horrific act and I don't know how you prevent something like this from occurring.

Don't know how to prevent? Really? Ban assault rifles. Period. No American public citizen needs an AR15 or similar gun for "defense" or hunting. Assault rifles are designed and made for war.

Reactions: 3 people
If it was actually a full auto (as it might actually be in this situation), well those things are highly regulated and very expensive to get ahold of. There’s definitely going to be some i interesting conspiracy theories for this situation.

People stating it was an "automatic". Wonder if they know the difference in semi-auto and full auto?

Some CNN law enforcement analyst said it was an expensive weapon and ammunition, automatic weapon. Wonder if he knows the difference?

Don't know how to prevent? Really? Ban assault rifles. Period. No American public citizen needs an AR15 or similar gun for "defense" or hunting. Assault rifles are designed and made for war.

The rifle used sounded like a fully automatic rifle. Those have been heavily regulated since 1932.

And when the next guy runs through a crowd with a van, European style terrorism, are we going to ban vans?

"...Audio of the shooting suggested that the shooter had used a military-style weapon, CNN law enforcement analyst James Gagliano said.

"Automatic weapon(s) like that -- had to be numbers of magazines or a very large drum, it sounded to me like a belt-fed weapon, a military-style weapon and then to be shooting down, to use the analogy, it was like shooting fish in a barrel in that space," Gagliano said."

VN Store

Back