Kurdistan independence referendum: Sept. 25, 2017

Burhead

God-Emperor of Politics
Voting starts tomorrow with most polling showing the independence side will win. It already looks like Iran, Iraq, and Turkey are silently forming a triple alliance to invade and crush Kurdistan once the vote happens. Personally I'm in favor of the independence movement. The Kurds are a people I highly respect and admire and deserve a country after everything they've done for us and the free world in the fight against terrorism.

Voting starts tomorrow with most polling showing the independence side will win. It already looks like Iran, Iraq, and Turkey are silently forming a triple alliance to invade and crush Kurdistan once the vote happens. Personally I'm in favor of the independence movement. The Kurds are a people I highly respect and admire and deserve a country after everything they've done for us and the free world in the fight against terrorism.

And Kurds will kick their asses.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/IntelCrab/status/912075390306390016[/twitter]

I work with a lot of Kurdish people. I get the impression that their culture would allow them to maintain a state similar to ours. I get the feeling this presents us an opportunity to move against Iran and Russia.

I work with a lot of Kurdish people. I get the impression that their culture would allow them to maintain a state similar to ours. I get the feeling this presents us an opportunity to move against Iran and Russia.

The Kurds are good people. It’s no surprise the POS countries don’t want them to have their own area.

The Kurds are good people. It’s no surprise the POS countries don’t want them to have their own area.

A girl I work with has an aunt that lives in Mosul, Iraq. She said it's been hell on earth since ISIS took it. I haven't asked her how she's doing since we pushed them out of there. I need to see if I can get a secondhand account of how this goes down.

i hope they get it. Bur do you know if its still just the areas/provinces of northern Iraq? or is the vote happening in those other states too?

Looks like there is going to be a Kurdish War for Independence.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/912293678760251392[/twitter]

Sadly the US isn't backing independence instead they want the status quo to remain in place. For all the love the Kurdish people give us we kinda are a ****ty ally/friend to them. The only country I know of supporting independence is Israel.

i hope they get it. Bur do you know if its still just the areas/provinces of northern Iraq? or is the vote happening in those other states too?

From what I gather its just Iraqi Kurdistan at the present moment.

carlos86 said:

Everyone knew that was coming. The Turks and Iranians don't want there own Kurdish population starting an uprising.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/912293678760251392[/twitter]

As a follow up: Erdogan says the Turkish Army is at the Iraqi border ready to take any "necessary" steps per the AP.

Early results showing the "Yes" side won with 92%. Now we play a waiting game to see who invades first.

Early results showing the "Yes" side won with 92%. Now we play a waiting game to see who invades first.

The Iraqi parliament: "The #Iraqi army must recapture Kirkuk and the oil fields from the Kurdistan Regional Government. A military solution has our full support. Legal actions will be taken against all KRG officials, including Barzani. The Kurdish "ex-governor" of Kirkuk will be removed by force.

The Iraqi parliament: "The #Iraqi army must recapture Kirkuk and the oil fields from the Kurdistan Regional Government. A military solution has our full support. Legal actions will be taken against all KRG officials, including Barzani. The Kurdish "ex-governor" of Kirkuk will be removed by force.

Being that the Iraqi Army got its ass handed to them by ISIS and the Kurds helped pull heat away by battling in the north, you might think they would be grateful.

However, if the Iraqi Army goes up against the Kurds, I'd put my money on the Kurds kicking the **** out of them.

Turkey, on the other hand, is a whole 'nother matter.

Being that the Iraqi Army got its ass handed to them by ISIS and the Kurds helped pull heat away by battling in the north, you might think they would be grateful.

However, if the Iraqi Army goes up against the Kurds, I'd put my money on the Kurds kicking the **** out of them.

Turkey, on the other hand, is a whole 'nother matter.

Trump could really shine right now. Just threaten to pull any and all assistance.

I fully support the Kurds in this. A group of them literally saved my life once upon a time. In general they are a very deserving group of people that need better than they have gotten. I would take 10 Kurds over a group of 100 Iraqi regulars in a firefight.

Reactions: 4 people
I fully support the Kurds in this. A group of them literally saved my life once upon a time. In general they are a very deserving group of people that need better than they have gotten. I would take 10 Kurds over a group of 100 Iraqi regulars in a firefight.

A friend of mine that was with 10th Group loved those guys. Part of the book Masters of Chaos outlines what the 10th Group did in Northern Iraq prior to and during OIF with the Kurdish rebels.

Reactions: 1 person
Iraq is moving forces into position near Kirkuk.
[twitter]https://twitter.com/IntelCrab/status/918595590002536449[/twitter]

Kurdish forces have rejected Iraqi demand to withdraw from Kirkuk, fighting could start tonight.

Kurdish forces have rejected Iraqi demand to withdraw from Kirkuk, fighting could start tonight.

Geez, not good. This is the kind of thing that could turn into a major regional conflict.

VN Store

Back