Republicans may kill the ACA just because they are embarrassed if they don't

lawgator1

When Iowa reporters asked Sen. Chuck Grassley on Wednesday about the attempt to repeal and replace Obamacare, his answer was remarkable and revealing.

"You know, I could maybe give you 10 reasons why this bill shouldn't be considered," the Iowa Republican said. "But Republicans campaigned on this so often that you have a responsibility to carry out what you said in the campaign. That's pretty much as much of a reason as the substance of the bill."

No interest in good policy. No interest in making things better. They just want to look good. They suck.

Reactions: 14 people
WTF? No one want's this and I can think of ten reasons it shouldn't pass but I'll vote for it anyway. :crazy: :loco: :thud:

Reactions: 2 people
No interest in good policy. No interest in making things better. They just want to look good. They suck.

Current definition of a Democrat. These Republicrats will be eliminated in their next primary election. Political evolution.

If it was so great, why did Obama grant so many exemptions, particularly to labor unions?

Reactions: 3 people

They should just vote to stop calling it "Obamacare" since most people like whats in it and when it's called the affordable care act.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
How many Senators and Representatives in Washington have the best interest of the American people in mind when they support legislation? Regardless of the bill. Not just this one since I don't think the ACA is in the best interest of the public.

Reactions: 1 person
Should let it fail awaiting meaningful reform proposals from Dems (the creators) but voting to kill it for spite is wrong.

Reactions: 1 person
So letting it fail comes along with consequences too. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

It does to be sure but given Rs have tried to fix it without any D support they would be justified in putting Ds on the spot to come up with a workable plan.

Replacing it with something no one likes just to say you replaced it is not good governing.

Reactions: 2 people
Let it crash and burn

You have every right to be pissed carl based on your previous comments. My family and friends are in the same boat and I've done all I can to offer them help and advice. I've worked in the health insurance business for 35 years, now semi-retired and just do medicare plus some voluntary benefit enrollments. But my question is, from what I've been able to discern so far, is pre-ex and lifetime limits. If you or your family have pre-ex conditions, and I hope not, you could be paying even more. Our healthcare system ain't the best in the world, when you look at costs and outcomes. Just wanted to say I understand your frustration.

It does to be sure but given Rs have tried to fix it without any D support they would be justified in putting Ds on the spot to come up with a workable plan.

Replacing it with something no one likes just to say you replaced it is not good governing.

Block grants and eliminating the mandates is not fixing it. Allowing subsidies to go unfunded, to give the false impression that it's worse than it really is, also is not fixing it.

R proposals to fix it have been to strangle it to death.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I think you might want to check your source on that.

Apparently more American's are for it than against it now or are you stating that most people don't work?

Yeah polls tend to be real accurate....I would venture to guess that the majority that do claim to like it are for it bc of political affiliation or not paying for it... I don't personally know anyone that likes it including two people that was all for it when it first happened.... one person can't afford it and now is getting fined on top of not having insurance... the other is my dad who was 100% behind the plan until he actually got put into place.

Block grants and eliminating the mandates is not fixing it. Allowing subsidies to go unfunded, to give the false impression that it's worse than it really is, also is not fixing it.

R proposals to fix it have been to strangle it to death.

I'm not talking about this particular bill - there have been other proposals.

VN Store

Back