Trump, who doesn't jump to conclusions without evidence, did so today

lawgator1

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/15/politics/trump-london-attack/index.html
"Another attack in London by a loser terrorist." he tweeted. "These are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard. Must be proactive!" Added Trump: "The travel ban into the United States should be far larger, tougher and more specific-but stupidly, that would not be politically correct!"
The travel ban, of course, is Trump's executive order aimed at blocking people from six majority-Muslim countries from entering the United States, a necessary step in combating terrorism, according to the President. But, at least in the early stages of this London investigation, there is no evidence to suggest where the attackers hailed from or what their motives were. All we know, according to British police, is that it is being investigated as a terrorist incident.
Asked about Trump's tweet that the London tube attack was perpetrated by people known to the security services, British Prime Minister Theresa May said it is "never helpful for anyone to speculate on what is an ongoing investigation."
Trump's willingness to jump to conclusions about the London incident stands in stark contrast to his defense of his unwillingness to fully condemn the white supremacists and neo-Nazis behind the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, last month.
Trump, who initially (and repeatedly) said that there were violent people on both sides in Charlottesville, attributed that response to a desire to gather all the facts before offering an opinion. (Yes, I know this doesn't make a ton of logical sense.)

"I wanted to make sure, unlike most politicians, that what I said was correct, not make a quick statement," Trump explained to reporters. "The statement I made on Saturday, the first statement, was a fine statement. But you don't make statements that direct unless you know the facts. It takes a little while to get the facts."
It's impossible to square "you don't make statements that direct unless you know the facts" to what Trump did Friday morning in regard to the London attack.
What's clear from a look at the way Trump has responded to a series of high-profile incidents -- primarily terror attacks -- since being elected President is that he is more than willing to leap on them well before all the facts are known if they reinforce something he already believes. If they go against his views, he is far less willing to do so.

Let's say he knows that Scotland Yard knows who the bomber is. Why on Earth would you tweet that out to let him know that?!?! Just so you could score cheap political points here at home to support what we all know is in his heart, which is to broaden the ban as much as he can?

This is so embarrassing, using this incident and probable intelligence which should not be shared just for political gain. Not even you guys can defend this level of douchbaggery by him.

Reactions: 3 people
<sigh>

Did you cut a deal with FPL to get your electricity restored so quickly just to make threads like this?

Reactions: 2 people
<sigh>

Did you cut a deal with FPL to get your electricity restored so quickly just to make threads like this?

I have Duke Energy, which pizzes off my brother, who is a prof at UNC.

But do not change the subject!

Do you not agree that this was ultra stupid by him? Even stupid for him, which is a lower and lower hurdle?

Reactions: 1 person
So I'm missing what's wrong with what he said. British authorities are saying this was an act of failed terrorism, the President than says basically the same thing and you're pissed? I don't get the feigned outrage.

Reactions: 3 people
I have Duke Energy, which pizzes off my brother, who is a prof at UNC.

But do not change the subject!

Do you not agree that this was ultra stupid by him? Even stupid for him, which is a lower and lower hurdle?

I don't think you've ever credited him with any form of intelligence, so it's hard to determine where your bar is set for stupid actions.

So I'm missing what's wrong with what he said. British authorities are saying this was an act of failed terrorism, the President than says basically the same thing and you're pissed? I don't get the feigned outrage.

An opinion writer at CNN wrote a story - LG parroted it.

Nothing new here.

Reactions: 2 people
the only part in question would be the Scotland Yard comment but clearly an IED in the subway is a terrorist attack.

because Trump!

the only part in question would be the Scotland Yard comment but clearly an IED in the subway is a terrorist attack.

This is not the first time he has disclosed confidential intelligence in order to score political points. It is a disturbing pattern emerging.

Reactions: 1 person
I put this in another thread, but could go here as well,

The Associated Press @AP
The Latest: President Trump calls a fire at a London subway station another attack 'by a loser terrorist'

Of course that "fire" was caused by a terrorist and his IED.

LG's just anxious about the ass whipping his team is going to take tomorrow and isnt thinking rationally..cut him some slack guys.

This is not the first time he has disclosed confidential intelligence in order to score political points. It is a disturbing pattern emerging.

Nothing compares that drunk uncle Joe Biden commended Seal Team 6, huh.

It will remain this way until he is impeached or resigns. He attacks Muslims and jumps on every terrorist attack, instead of waiting for Intel, because that is what his base craves.

He took his time with Charlottesville because if he had done the right thing it would have pissed off some of his supporters.

He ran a campaign based on division, fostering this us vs. them mentality. He will continue to be foolish and a blow hard because it gets him responses on Twitter about walls and bans and losers. Donald has to feed that ego.

It will remain this way until he is impeached or resigns. He attacks Muslims and jumps on every terrorist attack, instead of waiting for Intel, because that is what his base craves.

He took his time with Charlottesville because if he had done the right thing it would have pissed off some of his supporters.

He ran a campaign based on division, fostering this us vs. them mentality. He will continue to be foolish and a blow hard because it gets him responses on Twitter about walls and bans and losers. Donald has to feed that ego.

:eek:k:

Neither is happening.

VN Store

Back