List the things the federal government does well

norrislakevol

There is not too much they do well and within a reasonable budget. I have 3:

1) Kill people. Our military, thank goodness, is top shelf. No other country in their right minds would want to duke it out with us on the battlefield.

2) Take our money. Our government has been very crafty about draining our pockets of valuable dollars over the years. Just look at all the ridiculous taxes out there. Even Obama care is one giant tax that makes the middle class poorer, and it's a complete disaster to boot.

3) Spy on people. Very handy to know what our enemies are doing. U.S. intelligence does a great job at keeping us in the know.

That's really all I can think of right now. The feds constantly make life hard on business, individuals, education, and healthcare. The spiderweb of laws and regulations just make life harder on everyone. Hell, look at how they ruined the gas can! That idea of course came from the mind of some brainless liberal hippy I assume, since it originated out of California.

As Reagan said, the most terrifying words a person can hear are "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help".

Spend money they don't have. "Borrow" from one source and never intend on paying it back (see social security). Waste said money. And of course lie.

Reactions: 1 person
Gets Freak a lot of money by doing things that have us create threads and click on them.

There is not too much they do well and within a reasonable budget. I have 3:

1) Kill people. Our military, thank goodness, is top shelf. No other country in their right minds would want to duke it out with us on the battlefield.

2) Take our money. Our government has been very crafty about draining our pockets of valuable dollars over the years. Just look at all the ridiculous taxes out there. Even Obama care is one giant tax that makes the middle class poorer, and it's a complete disaster to boot.

3) Spy on people. Very handy to know what our enemies are doing. U.S. intelligence does a great job at keeping us in the know.

That's really all I can think of right now. The feds constantly make life hard on business, individuals, education, and healthcare. The spiderweb of laws and regulations just make life harder on everyone. Hell, look at how they ruined the gas can! That idea of course came from the mind of some brainless liberal hippy I assume, since it originated out of California.

As Reagan said, the most terrifying words a person can hear are "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help".

4) Create lines and waiting periods.

The peaceful transition of political power is something we should all be proud of, and our government is quite effective at it.

Also TVA, Medicare, Public Alert Systems, all branches of the military, EPA, Health and Science Research, NASA.

Reactions: 2 people
All I can say is if you have a problem with the government I suggest you visit some other places in the world. You will realize very, very quickly that its not as bad as you thought.

I'd rephrase the question to what does the Federal government do well while minimizing it's role.

The EPA was mentioned earlier - sure we need some oversight of how we interact with the environment and that balances the use/damage across citizens but there tons of examples of EPA over reach that have devastated families and are basically regulatory fiat.

Same can be said of many agencies.

Many (most) of these functions can provide net value but given how agency budgeting works they are all incentivized to expand their reach and as a result more power is taken away from an elected rep system to a non-elected agency system.

End rant, carry on.

Reactions: 3 people
All I can say is if you have a problem with the government I suggest you visit some other places in the world. You will realize very, very quickly that its not as bad as you thought.

You are destroying the narrative, sir. Only unjustified acerbic attacks on the federal government to justify ignoring federal law are allowed itt.

Reactions: 2 people
OSHA. FAA. USPS has gotten much better to compete with UPS/FedEx. The Interstate system.

Also thankful for some of the things, while not perfect, the USDA and EPA have done.

I'd rephrase the question to what does the Federal government do well while minimizing it's role.

The EPA was mentioned earlier - sure we need some oversight of how we interact with the environment and that balances the use/damage across citizens but there tons of examples of EPA over reach that have devastated families and are basically regulatory fiat.

Same can be said of many agencies.

Many (most) of these functions can provide net value but given how agency budgeting works they are all incentivized to expand their reach and as a result more power is taken away from an elected rep system to a non-elected agency system.

End rant, carry on.

The current gutting of the EPA will be one of the worst acts of the Trump Administration. Repealing the Clean Air and Clean Water act will have devastating effects on health, the environment, and sustainability. The EPA is vital to our future.

Is medi-care more efficient than private insurance for the elderly?

whether they'd prefer paying for their health care or sticking with Medicare. Most are on fixed-incomes--and low fixed incomes. Most couldn't begin to afford private health care. That is the point of government.

The current gutting of the EPA will be one of the worst acts of the Trump Administration. Repealing the Clean Air and Clean Water act will have devastating effects on health, the environment, and sustainability. The EPA is vital to our future.

Chicken Little is that you?

You guys act like the state agencies will allow a free for all.

VN Store

Back