GOP Senate candidate says 9/11 was God's punishment

That's like being afraid of Italians because you ate a bad can of Spaghetti O's.

Reactions: 7 people
Reactions: 1 person
This is why we have separation of church and state. this type of stuff doesn't need to come out of anyone's mouth. yet alone an elected official. dumb dumb dumb.

Reactions: 3 people
This is why we have separation of church and state. this type of stuff doesn't need to come out of anyone's mouth. yet alone an elected official. dumb dumb dumb.

I agree this is absolutely ridiculous and I hope he pays for it the next time his constituents go to the polls, but what does this have to do with separation of church and state?

Reactions: 1 person
I agree this is absolutely ridiculous and I hope he pays for it the next time his constituents go to the polls, but what does this have to do with separation of church and state?

Nothing and we don't, that was an invention of a few judges.

There are 10,000 Roy Moore's in this country. Religious leaders and religious people say stupid things constantly. They are very bad for the country because they spread nonsense. There are right-wing/religious radio networks all over the country that spread ignorance and conspiracy and general nonsense 24/7--and low-information folk all over rural America believe their nonsense. The idea of America being an "advanced" country is a complete myth. Yes, we're advanced at the top--our elite are the best at what they do, but below the elite we have a backward country. Crazy religious leaders can say crazy, stupid things in their churches, if they wish--but when they go around publicly spouting nonsense, it's a problem.

There are 10,000 Roy Moore's in this country. Religious leaders and religious people say stupid things constantly. They are very bad for the country because they spread nonsense. There are right-wing/religious radio networks all over the country that spread ignorance and conspiracy and general nonsense 24/7--and low-information folk all over rural America believe their nonsense. The idea of America being an "advanced" country is a complete myth. Yes, we're advanced at the top--our elite are the best at what they do, but below the elite we have a backward country. Crazy religious leaders can say crazy, stupid things in their churches, if they wish--but when they go around publicly spouting nonsense, it's a problem.

Ideologues certainly do say stupid things, and religious ideologues are very prone to it. I do have problems with this guy making this statement from the public office and I hope he's voted out, but in what way is it a problem when religious leaders and other ridiculous ideologues go around spouting nonsense. That's their right as Americans, whether you or I like what they have to say or not.

Nothing and we don't, that was an invention of a few judges.

Absolutely false.

If you are okay with theocratic government, then never complain about Sharia law again. It is no different than what some of the loony fringe Christian sects want.

Government alone is a necessary evil, but a government beholden to a deity is a sure ticket to mass genocide.

Reactions: 5 people

Thee shall be smitten for thy blasphemous post.

VN Store

Back