Congratulations U.S.A.

midnight orange

It's been a long struggle but we finally broke the 20 trillion dollar debt threshold. That's $66,500 per person. I knew we could do it. Please laugh at your children as you tuck them in tonight for being the world's biggest suckers.

Reactions: 4 people
It's been a long struggle but we finally broke the 20 trillion dollar debt threshold. That's $66,500 per person. I knew we could do it. Please laugh at your children as you tuck them in tonight for being the world's biggest suckers.

I plan on putting my families' share of national debt on my credit card. Then declaring bankruptcy. Then I will die.

Now, now. You forgot about unfunded liabilities. BONUS! Your share just went up!

Reactions: 2 people
I plan on putting my families' share of national debt on my credit card. Then declaring bankruptcy. Then I will die.
I thought once about applying for all those credit cards that are offered to me in the mail. Then, once I had about $5-600,000 worth of "loans" I was going to take them all, and beat feet for Brazil or Colombia.

A light year is not very far. 186,282 miles per second is not very fast. And $66,500 is not a lot of money.

Reactions: 1 person
A light year is not very far. 186,282 miles per second is not very fast. And $66,500 is not a lot of money.

But what about all those poor people who cannot afford housing, healthcare, food, college, cell phones or those who dont make a "liveable wage"?

thanks-obama-28.gif

If you're a politician it's like a nice meal at your favorite restaurant with a couple of hookers, what's the big deal?

It only took us a little more than 100 years, think we can beat that record and double it in 50 more years.

I guess it's not a lot of money if someone else is footing the bill.

I'm sure that the people who are not writing checks to the US Government in April could care less.

It's really asinine to think that $66,500 is not a lot of money. That amount of money could change a life. Just imagine some of the good use that a person could do with that amount of money.

Start a small business.
Pay for a college education.
Investments for retirement.

The United States is on the brink of a financial collapse. You can't tax to prosperity, at some point the money will run out.

Some perspective - if you tried to pay of the debt with all the gold ever mined throughout the history of man you'd still be short by over half.

If you rounded up every bit of currency in the US to pay down the debt you'd be about 18 trillion short.

We'll pay 250 billion in interest on the debt this year - that's more than

USA USA USA

I can't remember where I heard this factoid, but it's staggering. In 1916 before the First World War, when federal spending exploded, the richest man in America John D Rockefeller could have written a personal check for his entire net worth and retired the national debt. Today the richest man in America, Bill Gates, could write a personal check for his net worth and not pay two months interest on the debt.

When you have socialized gubmint schools churning out financial and historical illiterates, you wind up with politicians that easily convince the public that there are more eggs in the golden goose.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back