Alvin C York statue at state capitol damaged

VolunteerHillbilly

Spike Drinks, Not Trees
I noticed this on my lunch hour walk today. He's supposed to have a bayonet on the end of that rifle. And the rifle barrel end is obviously bent. I couldn't find any information on this online so maybe we're breaking news. Juvenile vandals? Uneducated Antifa member who thinks ACY is a Confederate soldier? Guess away.

Attachments

• ACY1.jpg
    ACY1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ACY2.jpg
    ACY2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 2
  • acy3.jpg
    acy3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1
Lol @ rushing to blame an "AntiFa member" as though you have no clue what AntiFa is, but I digress. Did you try contacting city Hall and enquiring about it before rushing to conclusion?

Reactions: 9 people
Lol @ rushing to blame an "AntiFa member" as though you have no clue what AntiFa is, but I digress. Did you try contacting city Hall and enquiring about it before rushing to conclusion?

Antifa is a violent, bigoted hate-group. We all, except Luther, know this.

Reactions: 19 people

Well, who do you think is responsible for this?

Seems like if it was a political statement a) they'd have told someone, and b) they wouldn't have made it so surreptitious. More likely some kids were fooling around and broke it.

I think you are ginning up a controversy where there is none, which we don't need right now.

Reactions: 2 people
Al Gore. He's gonna claim global warming is slowly melting the statue.

Reactions: 3 people
I noticed this on my lunch hour walk today. He's supposed to have a bayonet on the end of that rifle. And the rifle barrel end is obviously bent. I couldn't find any information on this online so maybe we're breaking news. Juvenile vandals? Uneducated Antifa member who thinks ACY is a Confederate soldier? Guess away.

Disgruntled German-Americans against Patriot Hero Nationalist American Imperial facsist Stone Cold Killers of German Peace Loving Defenders of the Fatherland....or D.G.A.A.P.H.N.A.I.F.S.C.K.G.P.L.D.F. for short.

Right, because Antifa is the last group that would ever think about desecrating a statue.

Seems like if it was a political statement a) they'd have told someone, and b) they wouldn't have made it so surreptitious. More likely some kids were fooling around and broke it.

I think you are ginning up a controversy where there is none, which we don't need right now.

These morons are attacking Lincoln monuments, so clearly history isn't their strong suit. And they aren't claiming the vandalism, others are reporting it.

Reactions: 1 person

Probably was a Robert E Lee statute that did it I bet amirite?

Reactions: 1 person
Right, because Antifa is the last group that would ever think about desecrating a statue.

Y'all falling for some right wing propoganda. AntiFa isn't a widespread organized group, it's an ideology. It clearly means anti-fascism. Theyre not going to break the little tip off of some statue.

Reactions: 2 people
Antifa is a violent, bigoted hate-group. We all, except Luther, know this.

Not even an organized group of people, it's an ideology against fascism and people with the belief act in many ways. There are no meetings like your boys in the klan. Y'all are mentally deficient then.

For context, this statue is situated along Charlotte Ave. On the opposite corner of the capitol from the Sam Davis statue where some antifa members and others gathered for a protest while the police union was in town for a convenient (last week IIRC). The Davis statue was temporarily covered with a homemade memorial for some black person who got shot by a cop in another state. While the Davis statue was reportedly not damaged in the demonstration it is clearly scratched up on the top of the head if viewed feom the rear. Suggesting that the same group did both acts is not an unreasonabe assumption.

Not even an organized group of people, it's an ideology against fascism and people with the belief act in many ways. There are no meetings like your boys in the klan. Y'all are mentally deficient then.

So they all happen to show up in the same place for demonstrations? Maybe they are based in social media like ISIS started.

Looks like we found an Antifa member. "They're antifascist even though their tactics are fascists!"

Reactions: 6 people
Y'all falling for some right wing propoganda. AntiFa isn't a widespread organized group, it's an ideology. It clearly means anti-fascism. Theyre not going to break the little tip off of some statue.

Go back to whatever hole you crawled out of. Everything you just said flies in the face of the tactics they've been using over the course of the past year or so.

I'll assume you're just trolling, it would make a lot more sense.

Reactions: 5 people
For context, this statue is situated along Charlotte Ave. On the opposite corner of the capitol from the Sam Davis statue where some antifa members and others gathered for a protest while the police union was in town for a convenient (last week IIRC). The Davis statue was temporarily covered with a homemade memorial for some black person who got shot by a cop in another state. While the Davis statue was reportedly not damaged in the demonstration it is clearly scratched up on the top of the head if viewed feom the rear. Suggesting that the same group did both acts is not an unreasonabe assumption.

Yes it is, for an obvious reason. Why protest ans demonstrate and make a show of yourself, then do damage like this to a statue, but not tell anyone? Makes ZERO sense.

Stop creating fake controversies. Leave that to Fox.

Reactions: 4 people
Not even an organized group of people, it's an ideology against fascism and people with the belief act in many ways

Like violent attacks against those who dare to disagree with them. Kinds like the nazi brown shirts. You know, the ideology they supposedly oppose.

VN Store

Back