Damn! Rush Limbaugh Is A Big Fat Idiot

MT LeConte

OK, I'll give him that the Left often uses extreme weather events as proof of climate change. But ranting that the media is in cahoots with retailers by warning people of an impending catastrophic hurricane to sell water and batteries is just nuts.

Open Letter To All Media:

If something bad may be coming my way please let me know as soon as possible.
Thanks,
MT LeConte.

"The local media reports in such a way as to create the panic way far out, which sends people into these stores to fill up with water and to fill up with batteries, and it becomes a never-ending repeated cycle. And the two coexist. So the media benefits with the panic with increased eyeballs, and the retailers benefit from the panic with increased sales, and the TV companies benefit because they’re getting advertising dollars from the businesses that are seeing all this attention from customers." - Rush Limbaugh

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ane-irma-is-fake-news/?utm_term=.e29463c464f6

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
OK, I'll give him that the Left often uses extreme weather events as proof of climate change. But ranting that the media is in cahoots with retailers by warning people of an impending catastrophic hurricane to sell water and batteries is just nuts.

Open Letter To All Media:

If something bad may be coming my way please let me know as soon as possible.
Thanks,
MT LeConte.

"The local media reports in such a way as to create the panic way far out, which sends people into these stores to fill up with water and to fill up with batteries, and it becomes a never-ending repeated cycle. And the two coexist. So the media benefits with the panic with increased eyeballs, and the retailers benefit from the panic with increased sales, and the TV companies benefit because they’re getting advertising dollars from the businesses that are seeing all this attention from customers." - Rush Limbaugh

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ane-irma-is-fake-news/?utm_term=.e29463c464f6

you don't believe the media is in bed with other corporations? Where have you been? every side does this. money is money is money.

Reactions: 1 person
In the face of what happened in Houston, it's bad timing. I don't know about the conspiracy angle but I do agree that the media overblows a lot of things to try and keep us from turning the channel or hitting the OFF button. If you've spent much time with an elderly relative, you'll know that the Weather Channel is like cartoons for old people. You cannot peel them away from it.

you don't believe the media is in bed with other corporations? Where have you been? every side does this. money is money is money.

They do have an important relationship but I don't believe the media intentionally fosters panic. Most people go buy these things because there's a FRIGGIN' hurricane coming.

Reactions: 2 people
Adding to the parade of idiots...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 11.34.37 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 11.34.37 AM.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 2 people
So this is my experience with the news outlets and weather.

Last year we had a hurricane come through Florida. The news media was going crazy talking about all of these 90+mph winds and gusts. Odd thing is we (the FAA in Orlando) have a very powerful weather radar system that is made to detect wind speeds, gusts, microbursts, tornadoes, etc. It never showed wind speeds above 40mph.

So what reason would the media have for all the doom and gloom? Ratings. Ratings = money. More ratings = more money.

They do have an important relationship but I don't believe the media intentionally fosters panic. Most people go buy these things because there's a FRIGGIN' hurricane coming.

lol Trump is a nazi racist Russian.
Obama is muslim married to man.
24/7 stories about blood, sex and bad weather.

they aren't pushing the panic itself, but they are pushing the stories which lead to panic if you buy in.

So this is my experience with the news outlets and weather.

Last year we had a hurricane come through Florida. The news media was going crazy talking about all of these 90+mph winds and gusts. Odd thing is we (the FAA in Orlando) have a very powerful weather radar system that is made to detect wind speeds, gusts, microbursts, tornadoes, etc. It never showed wind speeds above 40mph.

So what reason would the media have for all the doom and gloom? Ratings. Ratings = money. More ratings = more money.

Donald Trump Today:

"We’ve got all this devastation in Texas. We’ve got another unprecedented hurricane about to hit Florida"

Is Donny in on it too? It's true, there's not a conspiracy theory crazy enough that the Right won't buy into it.

Reactions: 5 people
Donald Trump Today:

"We’ve got all this devastation in Texas. We’ve got another unprecedented hurricane about to hit Florida"

Is Donny in on it too? It's true, there's not a conspiracy theory crazy enough that the Right won't buy into it.

What don't you understand? I watched with my own eyes a radar system that I use at work that helps land planes and avoid crashes telling me wind speeds were 45mph and the news was trying to say it was 90mph+. Now..why would they do that?...

It couldn't be for ratings could have been...:crazy:

Hope this science talk isn't too much for ya.

What don't you understand? I watched with my own eyes a radar system that I use at work that helps land planes and avoid crashes telling me wind speeds were 45mph and the news was trying to say it was 90mph+. Now..why would they do that?...

It couldn't be for ratings could have been...:crazy:

Hope this science talk isn't too much for ya.

If you want to believe that Miami news stations are just trying to sell bottled water and flashlight batteries that's up to you. You are one ignorant mofo if you do.

Reactions: 4 people
My local news channel's "news" consists of about five minutes of ads disguised as news, such as Mcdonalds is introducing a new....or Whole Foods is installing automatic check out lanes. The last thing the "news" is concerned about is accuracy or conflict of interest. Their primary goal is selling ads.

If you want to believe that Miami news stations are just trying to sell bottled water and flashlight batteries that's up to you. You are one ignorant mofo if you do.

I said they are in it for the ratings. They 100% are. Come on dude shake off that napalm dust.

The water and batteries is a side effect from the mass hysteria they help generate.

I said they are in it for the ratings. They 100% are. Come on dude shake off that napalm dust.

The water and batteries is a side effect from the mass hysteria they help generate.

Damn news stations. There wouldn't have been any mass hysteria had they just kept quiet on this Harvey thing coming at them.

Maybe he's right and the media does it do people will get prepared of gtfo

VN Store

Back