Senator John McCain Has Brain Tumor

Franklin Pierce

(CNN)Sen. John McCain, 80, has been diagnosed with a primary glioblastoma, a type of brain tumor, Mayo Clinic doctors directly involved in the senator's care told CNN exclusively. The doctors spoke directly to CNN Chief Medical Correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

"It's a very aggressive tumor," said Gupta. He explained that survival for malignant glioblastoma tends to be around 14 months with treatment, which could not begin until the incision heals, which would be in the next three or four weeks.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/19/health/gupta-mccain-glioblastoma/index.html

Oh no. That is very bad.

He's endured some horrible times in his life, I hope that his time left is peaceful and as painless as possible

Reactions: 3 people
Buried my uncle 3 weeks ago for the same thing. He had over 20 though.

He passed away the day he showed up for chemo.

Prayers to McCain and his family.

Yeah, that's a death sentence. Same thing got my dad (mult-form). He was healthy as a horse and had top notch care at Emory and it got him in 16 months.

I believe Ted Kennedy had the same thing.

Oddly enough, the original tumor often will be removed and doesn't get you, but they never get all the cells and it spreads to other parts of the brain. And, it stays confined to the brain, never spreading to other parts of the body.

Oddly enough, the original tumor often will be removed and doesn't get you, but they never get all the cells and it spreads to other parts of the brain. And, it stays confined to the brain, never spreading to other parts of the body.

I think I read once that type of cancer is so difficult because it spreads across and through the brain like a spider web.

Terrible news. I hope that we can put politics aside and pray for Senator McCain, his family, and his medical team.

Reactions: 2 people
That's a man who endured a lot. Willing to speak his true feelings far more than most in his position. Hope he beats it.

Reactions: 5 people
I wonder if he will attempt to stay on as a senator or if he will leave.

Unfortunate, friend of my mom had it and she didn't make it a year from the diagnosis. Even top notch care can only do so much.

I will say the way they found it in her was erratic behavior and mood swings caused by the tumor pressing on her brain.

Terrible news. Hope he, his family and friends can make the most of his time left. Guy's given a lot for this country and always had the courage to stick to his principles even when they weren't popular within his party.

I hope that with his remaining months/years can bring him and his family as much peace and enjoyment as possible. Maybe the news will also be a catalyst for people in DC and on this board to reset their priorities, scale back the rhetoric, and seek common ground; if only for a brief while.

Not neccesary or relevant and makes you a dbag

To highlight his political courage in a display of class? Particularly juxtaposed to a time where the losers don't even come out and address their own supporters?

Don't be such a p*ssy. It's a credit to him

Reactions: 1 person
To highlight his political courage in a display of class? Particularly juxtaposed to a time where the losers don't even come out and address their own supporters?

Don't be such a p*ssy. It's a credit to him

And again, we can only imagine how classy of a winner he would have been. Juxtaposition at its best.

Watching some of the coverage makes you feel like he's already dead. I know it's a bad prognosis, but he's a fighter.

So without having to hit up Freaks yahoo account, can someone explain what about my previous post was in violation of board rules and decorum?

Watching some of the coverage makes you feel like he's already dead. I know it's a bad prognosis, but he's a fighter.

He's surely endured more than any of us can imagine, as a former POW. However, glioblastoma takes no prisoners. It's a very grim prognosis. 6-12 months is very likely, even with the most advanced care.

VN Store

Back