So Wait, ISIS is in The Philippines Now? OK...

Yes.

ISIS alleged stated goals are establishing a caliphate in The Levant. Those aspirations have nothing to do with The Philippines.

This is even more ridiculous than ISIS showing up in Afghanistan and Europe.

Islamic terrorism is Islamic terrorism. The Abu Sayyef and this Maute group are linked to ISIS. You're calling a potato a potato and upset that that others are calling a potato a potato.

From the article you posted

"The Maute and Abu Sayyaf have an alliance and are both linked with Islamic State, a source of growing concern for President Rodrigo Duterte, who has warned of the expanding influence of the militants in the Philippines."

Don't tell me you're trying to play semantics with Islamic terrorism.

Reactions: 1 person
It's kind of like when Ford bought Lincoln. Cars by that name were made and will continue to be made.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes.

ISIS alleged stated goals are establishing a caliphate in The Levant. Those aspirations have nothing to do with The Philippines.

Like a biker gang being patched over by the Hells Angles.

Ras has this problem understanding terror groups have this ability to cross borders and recruit and not just plant their flag in one place. It's like he believes it to be unbelievable like some superhuman ability.

Yes.

you know they have called for all the faithful that can't join in the fight to do what they can, where they can right?

Ras has this problem understanding terror groups have this ability to cross borders and recruit and not just plant their flag in one place. It's like he believes it to be unbelievable like some superhuman ability.

I am not saying or suggesting it isn't within the realm of possibility. I'm just thinking that at this point, I'm can't buy in to the ISIS narrative.

ISIS has captured Philippines city of Marawi, population of 200k, beheading non-Muslims. Military set to retake city/begin air strikes soon.

Attachments

• IMG_7468.jpg
    IMG_7468.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7469.jpg
    IMG_7469.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1

VN Store

Back