Trump Budget Will Kill Healthcare Reform

I think it's a great idea. Cut federal involvement in Medicaid. Cut federal taxes paying for it. Push the onus onto the states to decide their own plans. If you want to live in a state that provides platinum Medicaid benefits, have at it. If you want to make eligibility more stringent, do it. People obviously can't understand the budgetary impacts at the federal level, it's funny money at that point and healthcare is a right. Push it down to the states who can't run massive deficits and they'll start to get the picture. Someone ultimately has to pay for all of this.

Reactions: 1 person
Good 'ol establishment GOP. Going to try to out Dem the Dems again.

I think it's a great idea. Cut federal involvement in Medicaid. Cut federal taxes paying for it. Push the onus onto the states to decide their own plans. If you want to live in a state that provides platinum Medicaid benefits, have at it. If you want to make eligibility more stringent, do it. People obviously can't understand the budgetary impacts at the federal level, it's funny money at that point and healthcare is a right. Push it down to the states who can't run massive deficits and they'll start to get the picture. Someone ultimately has to pay for all of this.

when 50% of the population consumes so much of the govt programs and co tribute nothing in term of income taxes.. at some point the system breaks

Reactions: 4 people
when 50% of the population consumes so much of the govt programs and co tribute nothing in term of income taxes.. at some point the system breaks

Exactly how much does 50 % consume, and exactly how much do they pay in taxes?

Or, are you just talking out of your azz again?

200.gif

Reactions: 5 people
That's about the same number that fall under the poverty line in Tennessee. Have to address that issue first.

EDIT: Around 17% per 2016 report

https://talkpoverty.org/state-year-report/tennessee-2016-report/

One of my favorite paradoxes of the progressives. They want higher wages but they also want open borders. Hello dum dums, the illegal immigrants you welcome with open arms are the same people depressing wages while increasing demand and prices for housing and commodities.

Reactions: 2 people
One of my favorite paradoxes of the progressives. They want higher wages but they also want open borders. Hello dum dums, the illegal immigrants you welcome with open arms are the same people depressing wages while increasing demand and prices for housing and commodities.
Yeah, but....but....

Seems like one of the things Trump is doing well, so hopefully that'll lead to a wage hike.

Seems like one of the things Trump is doing well, so hopefully that'll lead to a wage hike.

I saw a bleeding heart article around the inauguration about illegal immigrants sneaking into Canada. The buried lede was the illegals were African. They had snuck into the US across the Mexican border and then snuck across the Canadian border to escape Trump's death squads. To me that's disconcerting that people from Africa are coming across the southern border.

Exactly how much does 50 % consume, and exactly how much do they pay in taxes?

Or, are you just talking out of your azz again?

200.gif

Really... so producers who might maybe 70k a year get government freebies and subsidies... nice try

Its not a debatable issue. You want to know who is consuming simply run down to the welfare office and look for yourself. Find a doctor who accepts Tenncare and take a look at his office. Go to your child's school on opening day. Its very clear who the current consumers are. You speak of budgeting, why don't we just use Obama's plan? I am sure he had theses issues reconciled. Just copy and paste.

Its not a debatable issue. You want to know who is consuming simply run down to the welfare office and look for yourself. Find a doctor who accepts Tenncare and take a look at his office. Go to your child's school on opening day. Its very clear who the current consumers are. You speak of budgeting, why don't we just use Obama's plan? I am sure he had theses issues reconciled. Just copy and paste.

I was using a UT doctor who was working out of a nice little office until she moved into the main practice beside Erlanger. I went there in January, holy hell it was like a bus stop. And in fact there was a bus stop outside. After my visit there I started getting mailings from Cigna and United about signing up for their Medicaid plans.

Ok... here is specific.. pay nothing on income tax and be something else to pay for your healthcare..

You claimed in sweeping fashion that a certain percentage of people use benefits and don't pay taxes. I'm asking you to describe the factual foundation for your statement.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back