AHCA Passes House

VolnJC

DOA in the Senate

From HouseGOP:
822ebff3-1a58-4257-9d4e-58d3f4c8713d.jpg

We did it!

Today, the House voted to pass the American Health Care Act, fulfilling the promises we made to repeal and replace Obamacare.

Today, we voted to offer relief to all Americans suffering under Obamacare’s burdensome weight.

Today, we made history.

Once signed into law, our country will have relief from soaring premiums, evaporating choices, and top-down government mandates. Through the AHCA, we are lowering costs, increasing choice, and returning power back to the people.

Together with President Trump, we’ve passed a bill that:

Dismantles Obamacare taxes

Eliminates the individual and employer mandate penalties

Protects those with pre-existing conditions

Modernizes and strengthens Medicaid

Empowers individuals and families through HSAs

Provides monthly tax credits for low- and middle-income families

While this is a monumental first step, it is only the first step. There is still work to be done.

Secretary Tom Price at the Department of Health and Human Services will take administrative actions to create a healthier insurance market and alleviate the burden the harmful health care mandates imposed on Americans.

Congress will also consider more smaller pieces of legislation to continually improve our health care system.

Thank you so much for your support. Now, let’s celebrate the passing of the AHCA!

Reactions: 3 people
Does the bill also hand out free ice cream to everyone?

Now, the commercials and advertisements to Vote Democrat 2018 will write themselves.

Reactions: 12 people
Does the bill also hand out free ice cream to everyone?

Now, the commercials and advertisements to Vote Democrat 2018 will write themselves.

IMO they should have waited until Obamacare completely died...it would have collapsed within a year from all the insurance companies backing out anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
IMO they should have waited until Obamacare completely died...it would have collapsed within a year from all the insurance companies backing out anyway.

It was collapsing because numerous states weren't doing anything to help it.

Also, does this new bill provide each American family with a pony?

Reactions: 10 people
Will be curious to see what happens in the Senate. I admit I really do not understand what this reform does past let the states do high risk pools rather than mandate preexisting.

I am dubious of the claim that preexisting coverages are cared for just as they were in Obamacare. Seems to me that, as important an issue as that is, if it really were handled the same, then what's the big deal about changing it?

Only reason to change it is to reduce the coverage. Save money for the insurers. Great for those without a preexisting condition. Kinda going to suck for those with one.

And let me ask you, if its up to a state, what is going to happen when Georgia doesn't mandate coverage, but Alabama does? Guess where all the people with preexisting conditions are going to be trying to move?

Just seems like a questionable approach. But now that it has passed, let's see what the scoring is by OMB and others. Have a feeling this could get ugly.

Reactions: 11 people
Republicare will be far worse than Obamacare but let them have their 15 minutes of joy. Maybe after this failure, people will realize what must be done, albeit 30 years late.

Reactions: 8 people
Serious question...why is repeal and replace the only option for the R's? I don't think you'll find anyone who claims the ACA is perfect, why can't they focus their energy on fixing what's wrong rather than destroying it and starting new. Seems to me it's a colossal waste of time and tax payer money just to try to and completely redo something that only needs some fixing. Is it really just about one party being able to claim "victory"? In my eyes this seems to be the ugliest form of partisan politics, no one is working together for the good of the American people, simply against the other party.

Reactions: 6 people
I will be shocked if it actually delivers on the good parts and even more shocked if it doesn't make things worse.

Will be curious to see what happens in the Senate. I admit I really do not understand what this reform does past let the states do high risk pools rather than mandate preexisting.

I am dubious of the claim that preexisting coverages are cared for just as they were in Obamacare. Seems to me that, as important an issue as that is, if it really were handled the same, then what's the big deal about changing it?

Only reason to change it is to reduce the coverage. Save money for the insurers. Great for those without a preexisting condition. Kinda going to suck for those with one.

And let me ask you, if its up to a state, what is going to happen when Georgia doesn't mandate coverage, but Alabama does? Guess where all the people with preexisting conditions are going to be trying to move?

Just seems like a questionable approach. But now that it has passed, let's see what the scoring is by OMB and others. Have a feeling this could get ugly.

why is that an issue?

DOA in the Senate

From HouseGOP:
822ebff3-1a58-4257-9d4e-58d3f4c8713d.jpg

We did it!

Today, the House voted to pass the American Health Care Act, fulfilling the promises we made to repeal and replace Obamacare.

Today, we voted to offer relief to all Americans suffering under Obamacare’s burdensome weight.

Today, we made history.

Once signed into law, our country will have relief from soaring premiums, evaporating choices, and top-down government mandates. Through the AHCA, we are lowering costs, increasing choice, and returning power back to the people.

Together with President Trump, we’ve passed a bill that:

Dismantles Obamacare taxes

Eliminates the individual and employer mandate penalties

Protects those with pre-existing conditions

Modernizes and strengthens Medicaid

Empowers individuals and families through HSAs

Provides monthly tax credits for low- and middle-income families

While this is a monumental first step, it is only the first step. There is still work to be done.

Secretary Tom Price at the Department of Health and Human Services will take administrative actions to create a healthier insurance market and alleviate the burden the harmful health care mandates imposed on Americans.

Congress will also consider more smaller pieces of legislation to continually improve our health care system.

Thank you so much for your support. Now, let’s celebrate the passing of the AHCA!

What a load of BS.

Reactions: 9 people
Obama's legacy is about to be erased. Thats what is good about this. That and the libtards and their tears of unfathomable sadness.

tenor.gif

Insert tired old Democratic rhetoric

"Democrats, though, continue to rail against the legislation that would overhaul many key provisions of ObamaCare. Lawmakers took to the floor to call it a "gut punch to America," and a boon for billionaires and "undertakers."

“This disastrous bill has been condemned by almost everyone,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Thursday at a press conference. She said the latest version is “worse” than the original and rejected claims it would protect those with pre-existing conditions."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/04/politics/obamacare-pre-existing-conditions/index.html

Here is a list of the 11 states with the highest percentage of adults with pre-existing conditions. TN comes in at number 6. These states are expected to suffer most under republicare. Check out the list. And then draw some conclusions.....hint: it's a common saying often used to describe the results of republican legislation.

Reactions: 10 people
Serious question...why is repeal and replace the only option for the R's? I don't think you'll find anyone who claims the ACA is perfect, why can't they focus their energy on fixing what's wrong rather than destroying it and starting new. Seems to me it's a colossal waste of time and tax payer money just to try to and completely redo something that only needs some fixing. Is it really just about one party being able to claim "victory"? In my eyes this seems to be the ugliest form of partisan politics, no one is working together for the good of the American people, simply against the other party.

Just a guess, but because they're rich, out-of-touch *******s?

Reactions: 7 people
So House Republicans pass through a bill in which they can't account for and have done no budgeting for. CBO has not evaluated it.

Why?

Me thinks I know.

Reactions: 4 people
Obama's legacy is about to be erased. Thats what is good about this. That and the libtards and their tears of unfathomable sadness.

tenor.gif

Unfortunately, you can't erase Bin Laden going down. Had that happened under a Republican administration, clowns like you would have been oozing machismo.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/04/politics/obamacare-pre-existing-conditions/index.html

Here is a list of the 11 states with the highest percentage of adults with pre-existing conditions. TN comes in at number 6. These states are expected to suffer most under republicare. Check out the list. And then draw some conclusions.....hint: it's a common saying often used to describe the results of republican legislation.

Luther...now you know if these states are affected in a negative way, it will either be Obama's fault or Paul Ryan. I'd hate to see all those right wing states struggle after supporting this.

Also, how do those states compare to those with the highest levels of obesity??? I wonder if there's a connection??

Reactions: 2 people
Unfortunately, you can't erase Bin Laden going down. Had that happened under a Republican administration, clowns like you would have been oozing machismo.

Lol. :lolabove:

You mean the operation he deferred to someone else to make the decision because he didn't have the balls to do it himself? Moral victory.

Reactions: 3 people

Do you buy car insurance before you wreck your car or after?

Just an exercise in masterbation. It's getting killed in the Senate. Nothing more then political theatre.

VN Store

Back