Special Briefing of Senate on North Korea

volprof

Destroyer of Nihilists
Reactions: 3 people
I just can't believe Mattis is going along with all of this.

I thought he was one of the good guys. Maybe he still is; I have no clue at this point.

Thus far, however, he seems to just be lock-step.

I just can't believe Mattis is going along with all of this.

I thought he was one of the good guys. Maybe he still is; I have no clue at this point.

Thus far, however, he seems to just be lock-step.
Well, you are right about not having a clue, at least, and not just about this topic.

Reactions: 21 people

John would want to stress to the president that, while the military's a real good way to solve certain problems, it can only be part of any solution we have in Iraq and Iran. "Those solutions are political in nature. They have a military component, but you have to have a political solution as well. One of the things I think is so very important, and I would say this to the president immediately, is that just using your military to solve problems ... look where it has gotten us."

What kind of tragic ****ing idiot wouldn't listen to advice like that?

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
It seems odd that all Senators but no House members would be briefed on a hot topic like NK. Usually on important matters of national security the House and Senate leaders are briefed and they dispense information to the membership.

It's possible that Trump just likes the imagery of the Senate coming to him rather than him going to the Senate. He's kind of small like that.

Reactions: 3 people
It seems odd that all Senators but no House members would be briefed on a hot topic like NK. Usually on important matters of national security the House and Senate leaders are briefed and they dispense information to the membership.

It's possible that Trump just likes the imagery of the Senate coming to him rather than him going to the Senate. He's kind of small like that.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the explanation :blink:

Reactions: 6 people
Actually, I'm wondering where in the WH they will have it.

Is there a room big enough for 100 Senators', selected Cabinet members' and Trump's egos?

The White House is coordinating with congress to have meetings with their leadership later this and week as well.

Last edited:

I figured you would find a way to criticize him.

According to foxnews, Spicer clarified the event will take place on the WH campus, it is technically a Senate briefing and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is the one who convened it.

Someone in Washington has to realize that true diplomacy has to be an option?? Intimidating, hasty turf protecting decisions will get a lot of innocent people killed...

Nobody wins...

Someone in Washington has to realize that true diplomacy has to be an option?? Intimidating, hasty turf protecting decisions will get a lot of innocent people killed...

Nobody wins...

In case you haven't noticed diplomacy hasn't worked in the 64 years since the armistice either.

VN Store

Back