Bid to declare God as source of liberty resurrected in House

I do like the first part:

"We recognize that our liberties do not come from governments"

Easier just to leave it at that.

Reactions: 9 people
Reactions: 9 people
I guess our state government doesn't have enough to do if they are putting up proposals like this and trying to change the license plates to say "In God We Trust".

Like there aren't real issues to deal with.

Reactions: 8 people
Seconded (God being the source of liberty)

I don't even know what it means. That we wouldn't have freedom without God? And if that's what you mean, I have so many questions. What took him 9,000 years to give his people freedom? What makes us so special that we get to enjoy these freedoms, as opposed to God's people in the past? They just got dealt a bad hand and that's it? God is the source of freedom, just not for you losers in the 16th century.

Reactions: 15 people
Good! Please stay focused on this (which I agree with, btw) instead of making laws which restrict my liberty.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't even know what it means. That we wouldn't have freedom without God? And if that's what you mean, I have so many questions. What took him 9,000 years to give his people freedom? What makes us so special that we get to enjoy these freedoms, as opposed to God's people in the past? They just got dealt a bad hand and that's it? God is the source of freedom, just not for you losers in the 16th century.

God needed 'Merica.

Reactions: 3 people

Stop asking questions, you're going to make his eyes glaze over.

Reactions: 2 people
Lol. Did you change my G to lower case before you posted?

Nope that was automatic. I've noticed it does that sometimes on quotes, but I don't know why. Notice your name wasn't capatilized either.

Edit: Better? :)

But seriously, this bill is dumb and if you get mad about it, that's just as dumb too. The result of this bill will not change anybody's life and the cost is minimal. There are far worse displays of bad government to worry about.

Reactions: 1 person
Good to know this is what's keeping Tennessee's legislature busy. Things must great in every aspect of the States business.

It's not bad so they have to find some way to waste their time and our money.

Shocking...

Man's natural state is alive and free, and is endowed by God. Other men can take them (freedom and life) and one can give them up, but it doesn't change the source.

I was seconding the sentiment, not the wisdom of a legislature's use of time.

Shocking...

Man's natural state is alive and free, and is endowed by God. Other men can take them (freedom and life) and one can give them up, but it doesn't change the source.

I was seconding the sentiment, not the wisdom of a legislature's use of time.

What if there is no God?

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back