All Indiana Inmates could be getting tablets

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
we are concerned about their entertainment?

They also could use their tablets to pay for entertainment — for a still undetermined price, with that money going to a private company while the state keeps a 10-percent cut.

That's how IDOC expects to pay for the tablets. IDOC is hoping a vendor would front the costs so taxpayers don't have to. Then the vendor would be reimbursed and earn a profit, as inmates buy music and movies.

this is turning into grounding. it goes on further to say they would take away their ability to play games if they misbehaved. how the frick do you think they got into prison in the first place?

They have been talking about this for years here but it seems to be getting closer to happening now. I worked in a women's prison and this regardless of how they try to spin it will be a disaster. Want to stay connected to your family? Don't go to jail!

It's not really about what the inmate wants, it's about what creates the best result. I'm sure inmates want to be able to work towards a GED, but that doesn't mean we should deny them that opportunity.

We want convicted criminals to stay out of trouble in prison and to be ready to integrate with the real world when they get out. Recidivism is a big problem in this country. If a $40 tablet can help with that, it's probably well worth the investment.

Reactions: 8 people
It's not really about what the inmate wants, it's about what creates the best result. I'm sure inmates want to be able to work towards a GED, but that doesn't mean we should deny them that opportunity.

We want convicted criminals to stay out of trouble in prison and to be ready to integrate with the real world when they get out. Recidivism is a big problem in this country. If a $40 tablet can help with that, it's probably well worth the investment.

They'll learn how to hack public wifi to steal sensitive info of people using that wifi.

Utopian fantasy land. Criminals dont deserve luxuries that some taxpayers cannot afford. How about obeying the law, staying out if prison and working for a living? I guess thats too hard. Much easier to go to prison, get a bed with free meals, air conditioning, heat and security all on the taxpayer dime.

Utopian fantasy land. Criminals dont deserve luxuries that some taxpayers cannot afford. How about obeying the law, staying out if prison and working for a living? I guess thats too hard. Much easier to go to prison, get a bed with free meals, air conditioning, heat and security all on the taxpayer dime.

Did you read anything I said? If you did, you totally missed the point.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back