Nunes is a total tool

OuterBanksVol

House Intel Chairman Nunes holds a press conference claiming he has evidence that Trump, personally, was inadvertedly wiretapped through FISA. Then, he actually walks back his claims when questioned by reporters. Then, rather than sharing the purported evidence with his fellow members on the Cmte., he instead goes to the White House and shares it with the Trump administration.

In sum, the GOP head of the Cmte. currently conducting a formal "investigation" of potential wiretapping allegations, Russian meddling in our election, and collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign goes to the very target of its investigation, and hands over evidence.

Ethics check aisle 5.

Clearly Nunes was run up the flagpole by The Donald as his errandboy puppet. This reeks of yet another painfully obvious attempt by The Donald to distract from the real story. Equally clear, Nunes has lost any credibility to oversee that Cmte's investigation.

McCain is right to demand an independent investigation, and I think a majority of Americans will now support such action given the Republican's partisan stupidity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people
House Intel Chairman Nunes holds a press conference claiming he has evidence that Trump, personally, was inadvertedly wiretapped through FISA. Then, he actually walks back his claims when questioned by reporters. Then, rather than sharing the purported evidence with his fellow members on the Cmte., he instead goes to the White House and shares it with the Trump administration.

In sum, the GOP head of the Cmte. currently conducting a formal "investigation" of potential wiretapping allegations, Russian meddling in our election, and collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign goes to the very target of its investigation, and hands over evidence.

Ethics check aisle 5.

Clearly Nunes was run up the flagpole by The Donald as his errandboy puppet. Equally clear, Nunes has lost any credibility to oversee that Cmte's investigation.

McCain is right to demand an independent investigation, and I think a majority of Americans will now support such action given the Republican's partisan stupidity.

Nunes was a member of the Trump transition team so his actions can either be interpreted as biased at best or perhaps even self serving at worst. He is certainly not independent. Any reasonable person can see how transparent and desperate that looked. However, his admission that the information collected on the Trump team members was both legally done and incidental doesn't validate Trump's claims, anyway. Trump's tweets specifically stated that Obama had ordered a wiretapping of Trump Tower. Nunes acknowledged (once again) that didn't happen just as Comey had stated on Monday.

Reactions: 8 people
There, there, let it all out, don't hold anything back. You'll feel better in about 8 years.

Maybe.

Reactions: 6 people
There, there, let it all out, don't hold anything back. You'll feel better in about 8 years.

Maybe.

It's like you either didn't read what he wrote or you didn't understand.

LOL, drain the swamp.

Forget for a moment your political bent, be it right, left, or middle, and ask yourself why is the IC putting out conflicting stories?

THINK!

Reactions: 1 person
Forget for a moment your political bent, be it right, left, or middle, and ask yourself why is the IC putting out conflicting stories?

THINK!

I'm not sure I know what you mean by conflicting stories. What Nunes did yesterday was confirm what we already knew (that Obama had not ordered a wiretapping of Trump Tower) and what we suspected (that some members of the Trump team - and maybe even Trump himself had been a part of surveillance). We knew that had to be the case because of what we knew about Michael Flynn's call with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak at the end of December. The strange thing about what Nunes did yesterday was that he didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know... but he acted like he did and that this somehow helped Trump. I don't think he helped Trump at all especially given his prior role on Trump's transition team.

Ethics check aisle 5.

Clearly Nunes was run up the flagpole by The Donald as his errandboy puppet. This reeks of yet another painfully obvious attempt by The Donald to distract from the real story. Equally clear, Nunes has lost any credibility to oversee that Cmte's investigation.

It was an obvious attempt to win a news cycle and stop the hemorrhaging. Once again, Trump's efforts to control and manipulate the news will backfire. The political capital Nunes sacrificed was a heavy price to pay for a fleeting positive spin. Trump and his supporters are desperately looking for any news that can be twisted into a positive.

It was an obvious attempt to win a news cycle and stop the hemorrhaging. Once again, Trump's efforts to control and manipulate the news will backfire. The political capital Nunes sacrificed was a heavy price to pay for a fleeting positive spin. Trump and his supporters are desperately looking for any news that can be twisted into a positive.

It was clumsy as hell. He had to call two separate press conferences to basically achieve nothing.

Trump supporters, post with substance, come on. The snowflake bit got old a long time ago. Besides, the only people I know who instantly resort to name calling won't be able to buy a pack of smokes for quite a few years.

Shouldn't you be waiting by your mailbox for your mexican check? Scamper off now ya hear?

No need, I'm not dumb enough to believe it's actually coming.

"I'm going to make Mexico pay for it" -Donald Trump

LOL

It's like you either didn't read what he wrote or you didn't understand.

LOL, drain the swamp.
Oh, I read it and understood it hence my comment.

LOL, most clear and transparent administration in history.

Both parties are FOS and you could be head of either one.

This can't be understated.

Pretending this Nunes revelation is the smoking gun is ridiculous, they know it and they know that everyone else knows it.

Reactions: 7 people
The bombshell looks likes it's coming from the FBI... There was coordination between Russian operatives and the Trump campaign on when to release the e-mails on wikiLeaks in order to do the most damage to the Clinton campaign. This is should be an interesting few days.

Reactions: 4 people
I just want to know how a guy like Nunes, a person who knows nothing about intelligence, never worked in intelligence or even worked in law enforcement became the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee??

Reactions: 2 people
The bombshell looks likes it's coming from the FBI... There was coordination between Russian operatives and the Trump campaign on when to release the e-mails on wikiLeaks in order to do the most damage to the Clinton campaign. This is should be an interesting few days.

I really don't care who hacked Hillary. The issue is that it's all real. If the emails werent real, there'd be no news from the hack. It is that simple.

Which of those emails done damage to the Clinton campaign?

Which of those emails done damage to the Clinton campaign?

There was a batch of e-mails released the same day as the infamous Access Hollywood video where Trump says, "Grab 'em by the p***y." That would be one example of possible coordination and trying to deflect bad press away from Trump.

We'll see what the FBI has. It looks like they at least think that they have something that will stick.

VN Store

Back