Read The American Health Care Act

Ok..... as I read through the link the first steaming pile I saw was this...

What we’re proposing will decrease premiums and expand and enhance health care options so Americans can find a plan that’s right for them.

As if this will help premiums go down...

We preserve vital patient protections, such as (1) prohibiting health insurers from denying coverage to patients based on pre-existing conditions, and (2) lifting lifetime caps on medical care.

And we allow dependents to continue staying on their parents’ plan until they are 26.

Well...we'll....we'll....I'm sure this will help everything

we will replace Obamacare’s subsidies with a tax credit that helps Americans—including those Obamacare left behind—access health care options that are tailored to their needs.

I'm not buying it..... I'll believe it when I see it. I think it's going to be BS lite.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

What we’re proposing will decrease premiums and expand and enhance health care options so Americans can find a plan that’s right for them.

We preserve vital patient protections, such as (1) prohibiting health insurers from denying coverage to patients based on pre-existing conditions, and (2) lifting lifetime caps on medical care.

And we allow dependents to continue staying on their parents’ plan until they are 26.

we will replace Obamacare’s subsidies with a tax credit that helps Americans—including those Obamacare left behind—access health care options that are tailored to their needs.

I'm not buying it..... I'll believe it when I see it. I think it's going to be BS lite.

Winner winner chicken dinner

This crap was thrown out to appease the Republican base

Basically they spent 6 years learning how to copy and paste, with a small bit of editing to avoid being charged with plagiarism

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 people

lite? sounds like they went to the barber and asked for their haircut to be shaped up. they dress it up a little different but its still pretty much all the same

Reactions: 2 people

yup

What an absolute joke. These morons will just keep being voted in because this country votes like they're voting for student council. They're wasting trillions and no one seems to give a ****.

Reactions: 5 people
If they do try something you're right, it would be then.

These people (on both sides) make too much money to give a crap about those struggling in America to get a decent healthcare plan.

One thing I learned since retiring from the AF is, my healthcare plan sux. It's better than most peoples but it's still terrible. Don't even get me started on dental insurance

This is way too much for me to take in just by looking over it for a few minutes. I'll be interested to see how it measures up to a Populist agenda which Trump ran on. My guess it will heavily favor the insurance companies over the average American family.

This is way too much for me to take in just by looking over it for a few minutes. I'll be interested to see how it measures up to a Populist agenda which Trump ran on. My guess it will heavily favor the insurance companies over the average American family.

The problem with health insurance is, well, health insurance. As long as insurance companies are dictating the terms of engagement, it doesn't matter which party is writing the law. I knew this would happen...

People need to understand something, there is no such thing as cheap, high quality health insurance in a country like ours. Obamacare was a huge disaster and this plan seems only marginally better. If you are really thinking this problem is with dems and repubs then you are sadly misinformed.

The problem with health insurance is, well, health insurance. As long as insurance companies are dictating the terms of engagement, it doesn't matter which party is writing the law. I knew this would happen...

So no health insurance? Thats not feasible.

So you will be leaving us again for a few months when you are wrong again?

You suck at this man/woman/transgender.

No, I don't mean that at all. And you're right with regard to your last post. Quality healthcare comes with a pretty hefty price tag. But we've known forever that third party insurance increases the operating costs/overhead for healthcare providers. It's been said if we used our homeowners insurance the way we do health insurance, it would pay the kid next door to cut your grass. My thought is that we eliminate, for lack of a better term, lower tier healthcare services from being subject to insurance provider's menu of services that it negotiates with healthcare providers. In other words, fee for service for normal doctor visits for garden variety flu, colds, etc. I think you would see costs come down where insurance isn't involved in those "lower tier" health issues/illness. As the seriousness or type of illness escalates, then it moves into a different tier in which insurance is involved. Maybe a system of predominantly catastrophic care. My HSA basically a catastrophic plan, but insurance is still there negotiating all this lower tier stuff. I think the costs would be cheaper if they weren't and I could shop docs. Just my .02

Reactions: 1 person

No, I don't mean that at all. And you're right with regard to your last post. Quality healthcare comes with a pretty hefty price tag. But we've known forever that third party insurance increases the operating costs/overhead for healthcare providers. It's been said if we used our homeowners insurance the way we do health insurance, it would pay the kid next door to cut your grass. My thought is that we eliminate, for lack of a better term, lower tier healthcare services from being subject to insurance provider's menu of services that it negotiates with healthcare providers. In other words, fee for service for normal doctor visits for garden variety flu, colds, etc. I think you would see costs come down where insurance isn't involved in those "lower tier" health issues/illness. As the seriousness or type of illness escalates, then it moves into a different tier in which insurance is involved. Maybe a system of predominantly catastrophic care. My HSA is basically a catastrophic plan, but insurance is still there negotiating all this lower tier stuff. I think the costs would be cheaper (out of pocket for me) if they weren't and I could shop docs. Just my .02

Sorry, double post. I have no idea how....

sure it is. Let the free market set the price for health. If the price charged cannot be met, it will drop. Econ 101. Currently, health ins subsidizes the prices by collusion with the medical profession. The prices for services are negotiated by insurance to ensure both entities make money.

Heath insurance is nothing but a prepaid account, not a savings plan.

I don't know what you all expected. If you're going to have insurance for those with pre-existing conditions (under the current system), there are only so many ways you can do it.

Reactions: 1 person
sure it is. Let the free market set the price for health. If the price charged cannot be met, it will drop. Econ 101. Currently, health ins subsidizes the prices by collusion with the medical profession. The prices for services are negotiated by insurance to ensure both entities make money.

Heath insurance is nothing but a prepaid account, not a savings plan.

Sorry, wont work. Population is too great and there are way too many moving parts for it to be that simple. In a Communist society, it would work great. Not in a capitalistic culture.

My thought is that we eliminate, for lack of a better term, lower tier healthcare services from being subject to insurance provider's menu of services that it negotiates with healthcare providers. In other words, fee for service for normal doctor visits for garden variety flu, colds, etc. I think you would see costs come down where insurance isn't involved in those "lower tier" health issues/illness. As the seriousness or type of illness escalates, then it moves into a different tier in which insurance is involved. Maybe a system of predominantly catastrophic care.

What about people with chronic diseases?

What does this Obamacare lite do for States that didn't expand medicaid under the ACA? Call it something besides Obamacare and all is good.

Last edited:
Sorry, wont work. Population is too great and there are way too many moving parts for it to be that simple. In a Communist society, it would work great. Not in a capitalistic culture.

You have it backwards. The current system IS a communist system. The only difference being its not the government determining the price, its an entity. Free market ie capitalist system is removal of all barriers to allow the market to determine the price, not an oligopoly.

If insurance is the problem, remove the problem. Its not that difficult

Reactions: 5 people
You have it backwards. The current system IS a communist system. The only difference being its not the government determining the price, its an entity. Free market ie capitalist system is removal of all barriers to allow the market to determine the price, not an oligopoly.

If insurance is the problem, remove the problem. Its not that difficult

In a utopian society, your scenario would work.

VN Store

Back