The Deep State Empowered by Mass Data Collection

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
This is pretty interesting:

The surveillance state regime today permits America's 60,000 military and civilian domestic spies to access in real time all the landline and mobile telephone calls and all the desktop and mobile device keystrokes and all the digital data created and used by anyone in the United States. The targets today are not just ordinary Americans; they are justices on the Supreme Court, military brass in the Pentagon, agents in the FBI, local police in cities and towns, and the man in the Oval Office.

Enter the outsider as president. Donald Trump has condemned the spying and leaking, as he is a victim of it. While he was president-elect, the spies told him they knew of his alleged misbehaviors — vehemently denied — in a Moscow hotel room. Last week, his White House staff was shaken by what the spies did with what they learned from a former Trump aide.

Trump's former national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, himself a former military spy, spoke to the Russian ambassador to the United States in December via telephone in Trump Tower. It was a benign conversation. He knew it was being monitored, as he is a former monitor of such communications. But he mistakenly thought that those who were monitoring him were patriots as he is. They were not.

They violated federal law by revealing in part what Flynn had said, and they did so in a manner to embarrass and infuriate Trump.

Why would they do this? Perhaps because they feared Flynn's being in the White House, since he knows the power and depth of the deep state. Perhaps to send a message to Trump because he once compared American spies to Nazis. Perhaps because they believe that their judgment of the foreign dangers America faces is superior to the president's. Perhaps because they hate and fear the outsider in the White House.

The chickens have come home to roost. In our misguided efforts to keep the country safe, we have neglected to keep it free. We have enabled a deep state to become powerful enough to control a powerful president. We have placed so much data and so much power in the hands of unelected, unaccountable, opaque spies that they can use it as they see fit — even to the point of committing federal felonies.

Revenge of the Deep State - Reason.com

Reactions: 1 person
There is a lot of deep thought to be had in your post, but unless I am misreading it, they are saying we are controlled by a few. Personally I think we are only controlled by career politicians and their pupeteers.

The controllers of politicians are worried that they are losing control, hence the protesters of Trump. They got caught off guard by Trumps win and are scrambling for what to do.

Reactions: 2 people
There is a lot of deep thought to be had in your post, but unless I am misreading it, they are saying we are controlled by a few. Personally I think we are only controlled by career politicians and their pupeteers.

The controllers of politicians are worried that they are losing control, hence the protesters of Trump. They got caught off guard by Trumps win and are scrambling for what to do.

The same puppeteers control the intelligence services. We are ruled by the very few.

Patriot Act... it's too blanketed and often twisted by our government. Just like any other piece of legislation; its contorted and molded to fit whatever means necessary.

Last edited:
Chicken or the Egg? Did the NSA create a vehicle for empowerment or did people with their desire to produce a ton of easily interceptable and storage information?

I thought I read the call was made while Flynn was in the Dominican Republic now it was made at Trump Tower?

The deep state is an enemy of America and will not go away without a battle. They anticipate one, which is why the NDAA was passed.

When I saw that Evan Mcmuffin guy go crazy last summer, it was definitely a whoa moment. Goldman Sachs & CIA alum is going crazy over Trump? We got to elect Trump

Yet people on here and everywhere else in the country spend their time bickering with one another about who's party is best.

Meanwhile the government reigns. It's almost like division is what they want.

The chickens have come home to roost. In our misguided efforts to keep the country safe, we have neglected to keep it free. We have enabled a deep state to become powerful enough to control a powerful president. We have placed so much data and so much power in the hands of unelected, unaccountable, opaque spies that they can use it as they see fit — even to the point of committing federal felonies.

People can't get past their Trump hate to react when they're slapped in the face with it.

VN Store

Back