Academy Awards

IPleadInsanity

I have always been a movie freak but will pass on this years award ceremony. I am not interested in the politics of actors and actresses. Since they don't live in the real world, their opinions are of no interest to me. The quality of products coming out of Hollywood recently are the lowest ever. My gauge on quality is a movie good enough to purchase and watch many times. They need to be voicing their opinions on how to improve their own industry before critiquing others. Opinions? :puke5:

Reactions: 6 people
Should be some navel gazing and self congratulating for the ages.

Until not enough people of color win awards, then they will go back to being racists like the rest of us.

I've been turned off by the whole movie industry for several years. Looking through Netflix the other night and 75% of the movies they have promote immorality, gay and lesbian, race mixing, sinister, politically aligned junk...

Very few wholesome, family oriented movies being put out these days...

Reactions: 3 people
Have you seen La La Land? That was a fantastic movie. Also, you must not care for super hero movies then.

I mean, between this list of the most successful box office movies in the past year, which have truly tried to force pure liberalism down your throat?

Movie Box Office Results for the Past 365 Days

Isn't that what iron man was doing to captain America? Trying to be politically correct by trying to force him to give up their freedom of choice, and have to answer to the United Nations???😜😜

Reactions: 2 people
Isn't that what iron man was doing to captain America? Trying to be politically correct by trying to force him to give up their freedom of choice, and have to answer to the United Nations???😜😜

That was right after Spider-Man turned gay.

Reactions: 3 people
Hollywood movies today are all special effects blitzes. Running, jumping, chasing, explosions, last second escapes and no real story. The best stuff is on TV for sure.

Reactions: 1 person
Have you seen La La Land? That was a fantastic movie. Also, you must not care for super hero movies then.

I mean, between this list of the most successful box office movies in the past year, which have truly tried to force pure liberalism down your throat?

Movie Box Office Results for the Past 365 Days

I looked at the title "La La Land" and guessed it was a movie about the planets liberals live on!

Reactions: 4 people
I looked at the title "La La Land" and guessed it was a movie about the planets liberals live on!

It's a great movie, I recommend it. I'm into musicals at ball but that director did a fabulous job. He also directed Whiplash which was another great movie.

bored1.gif

The movie industry doesn't want good writing or interesting stories. They want the 14th Spider-Man reboot. They want movies that are 80% CGI junk. They want to make what China wants to watch.

Reboots and Super Hero movies sell big time. But there are a few unique quality movies out there like La La Land, Arrival, Hacksaw Ridge, etc. It's all about money in the end, but if you go on IMDb or any other movieish site that rates movies, there will be a few with such great reviews that might tempt you into watching it, regardless of the promotion you've seen about it. Personally, my favorite movies are usually the movies where I've never seen the trailer.

Movies, much like elections, give people what they want.

Hollywood is the free market at its best. That's why most of the best stuff is documentaries and indie.

Nobody cares about celebrity politics, why should you?

PS I don't watch because I can't stand self congratulations shows. It's boring.

Reactions: 2 people
I have always been a movie freak but will pass on this years award ceremony. I am not interested in the politics of actors and actresses. Since they don't live in the real world, their opinions are of no interest to me. The quality of products coming out of Hollywood recently are the lowest ever. My gauge on quality is a movie good enough to purchase and watch many times. They need to be voicing their opinions on how to improve their own industry before critiquing others. Opinions? :puke5:

My opinion is you wouldn't have this opinion if they shared your politics.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back