Where do you stand on America?

TennFan

Just curious. We all have different opinions on things but are we for the betterment of the country or will it fall? Remember a nation divided against itself will not stand. Are we headed that way?

(1) "Open borders" or border security
(2) the current trade agreement or a new one
(3) Obamacare or a new improved healthcare program.
(4) "Common core" or abolish it and go back to basics
(5) a stronger military or a diminished one like we have now (pre World War II level)
(6) the current set up on refugees or a stronger vetting system

The last time, in my opinion, this country ever came together and only for a short time was 911. We've been divided for at least 8 years if not more and won't unless we get together and give it to God!👍🙏 We have to remember He is in control, always has been and always will be! Thank goodness! 👍🙏🙏Sometimes we question what He's doing and may not be in agreement but it's His will at the time and may be to teach us a lesson and then turn around and make changes again. Let's all remember to keep our country and it's leaders in prayer.👍🙏🇺🇸

Reactions: 2 people
you're going to get blasted with all that God stuff.

one thing is that America has never been mentioned or referred to in the end times. I believe that God is setting up our nation to fall and we are seeing it. we've jumped leaps and bounds immorally and we are leading the way in complete rebellion against God

Reactions: 4 people
Just curious. We all have different opinions on things but are we for the betterment of the country or will it fall? Remember a nation divided against itself will not stand. Are we headed that way?

(5) a stronger military or a diminished one like we have now (pre World War II level)

(1) much more open borders with improved border security
(2) much more open trade, no agreements needed
(3) get the federal government out of the business side of medicine as much as possible
(4) get the federal government out of education as much as possible
(5) what diminished military? What are you talking about?
(6) the system has been working great, for the most part

Reactions: 4 people

The last time, in my opinion, this country ever came together and only for a short time was 911. We've been divided for at least 8 years if not more and won't unless we get together and give it to God!👍🙏 We have to remember He is in control, always has been and always will be! Thank goodness! 👍🙏🙏Sometimes we question what He's doing and may not be in agreement but it's His will at the time and may be to teach us a lesson and then turn around and make changes again. Let's all remember to keep our country and it's leaders in prayer.👍🙏🇺🇸

(1) Legal immigration is fine after proper vetting. If you come here to work, pay taxes and work. You don't get free education, health care, housing or food. If you are a productive citizen you can stay. If not you get to leave. If you are here as a student, you must be enrolled in school. If not you must leave. You shouldn't be allowed to come to the US and be another taker.

(2) I'm all for trade but it must be on an even basis. If US based companies are required to adhere to standards, the people we trade with should adhere to those standards. We need to take the incentive for companies leaving for greener pastures. I'm not talking about wages either, I'm more talking about environmental and other regulations.

(3) Obamacare needs to be replaced yesterday. People need to be invested in their own healthcare. Too many people use the resources of our medical care system, going to the ER or doctor for every sniffle, particularly when it doesn't cost them anything. I've seen many people that say that can't afford a co-pay while they're smoking a cigarette.

(4) If we want to be competitive in the world today, we need to focus on reading, math, and science. There should be a basic level that virtually every student should achieve. We commonly place more emphasis on athletics and other extra curricular activities when we should be focusing on academics. We also need to pair students that really want to learn with like minded folks. I think we need schools that are entirely students that don't give an ish about school and there just because they ave to be there. It is unfair to students that really want to succeed in the classroom to have the distraction of kids that don't want to be there.

(5) We need a strong military now more than anytime in our history. We need to change our focus though to be more strategic. We also need to fight wars the way they used to be. We need to quit spending our resources and young men's lives on wars where we walk away with basically nothing. We go into a country, take it over, fight insurgents and rebels, rebuild the country with our tax dollars, and leave. It needs to be said upfront, if we have to invaded your country because of something you did to our country or citizens, it will be our territory when we are finished, That means it's resources are ours. We own the oil, gold, or whatever natural resources happens to be present.

(6) By the time a refugee gets to set foot in this country, there should be zero doubt that this person is not coming to hurt us. When the Arab countries start taking these refugees and doing their part, then we can talk. They should also be subject to the same restrictions as any other immigrant. Get a job, pay taxes, support yourself, or leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

The last time, in my opinion, this country ever came together and only for a short time was 911. We've been divided for at least 8 years if not more and won't unless we get together and give it to God!���� We have to remember He is in control, always has been and always will be! Thank goodness! ������Sometimes we question what He's doing and may not be in agreement but it's His will at the time and may be to teach us a lesson and then turn around and make changes again. Let's all remember to keep our country and it's leaders in prayer.��������

(1) Secure our Borders
(2)New Trade Agreements putting America first
(3)Repeal Obamacare entirely. Replace with commonsense legislation and free market
(4)Ban Commoncore. Make sure basics are taught as a starting point
(5)Peace through superior firepower
(6)Moratorium on all Immigration until vetting is in place. Limited immigration from there.

Reactions: 1 person
(1) much more open borders with improved border security
(2) much more open trade, no agreements needed
(3) get the federal government out of the business side of medicine as much as possible
(4) get the federal government out of education as much as possible
(5) what diminished military? What are you talking about?
(6) the system has been working great, for the most part

What he said for the most part. Except change 6 to "stop creating refugees"

Reactions: 3 people
(1) Legal immigration is fine after proper vetting. If you come here to work, pay taxes and work. You don't get free education, health care, housing or food. If you are a productive citizen you can stay. If not you get to leave. If you are here as a student, you must be enrolled in school. If not you must leave. You shouldn't be allowed to come to the US and be another taker.

I agree with everything except the bolded. If you are paying taxes, you should get the services for which those taxes pay.

(2) I'm all fro trade but it must be on an even basis. If US based companies are required to adhere to standards, the people we trade with should adhere to those standards. We need to take the incentive for companies leaving for greener pastures. I'm not talking about wages either, I'm more talking about environmental and other regulations.

I am for free trade. Do things that will make our companies and even foreign companies want to have facilities here. This can be done without tariffs.

(3) Obamacare needs to be replaced yesterday. People need to be invested in their own healthcare. Too many people use the resources of our medical care system, going to the ER or doctor for every sniffle, particularly when it doesn't cost them anything. I've seen many people that say that can't afford a co-pay while they're smoking a cigarette.

I am for socialized medicine. I find it embarrassing that we are about the only county in the first world that doesn't provide medical care.

(4) If we want to be competitive in the world today, we need to focus on reading, math, and science. There should be a basic level that virtually every student should achieve. We commonly place more emphasis on athletics and other extra curricular activities when we should be focusing on academics. We also need to pair students that really want to learn with like minded folks. I think we need schools that are entirely students that don't give an ish about school and there just because they ave to be there. It is unfair to students that really want to succeed in the classroom to have the distraction of kids that don't want to be there.

Getting back to basics would be a great start. I also think that the mind set that we have that everyone should graduate high school is dumb. In the 10th grade or so, we should be offering alternative degrees in construction, auto repair, cosmetology, etc. Some kids don't need to be forced into a program which doesn't fit their strengths.

(5) We need a strong military now more than anytime in our history. We need to change our focus though to be more strategic. We also need to fight wars the way they used to be. We need to quit spending our resources and young men's lives on wars where we walk away with basically nothing. We go into a country, take it over, fight insurgents and rebels, rebuild the country with our tax dollars, and leave. It needs to be said upfront, if we have to invaded your country because of something you did to our country or citizens, it will be our territory when we are finished, That means it's resources are ours. We own the oil, gold, or whatever natural resources happens to be present.

The military is fine and the budget can be cut further. Stay out of countries unless they present a threat to us, our allies or our assistance is requested.

(6) By the time a refugee gets to set foot in this country, there should be zero doubt that this person is not coming to hurt us. When the Arab countries start taking these refugees and doing their part, then we can talk. They should also be subject to the same restrictions as any other immigrant. Get a job, pay taxes, support yourself, or leave.

The vetting needs to be complete. The numbers should be limited. The refugees need to be productive quickly.

I agree with everything except the bolded. If you are paying taxes, you should get the services for which those taxes pay.

I am for free trade. Do things that will make our companies and even foreign companies want to have facilities here. This can be done without tariffs.

I am for socialized medicine. I find it embarrassing that we are about the only county in the first world that doesn't provide medical care.

Getting back to basics would be a great start. I also think that the mind set that we have that everyone should graduate high school is dumb. In the 10th grade or so, we should be offering alternative degrees in construction, auto repair, cosmetology, etc. Some kids don't need to be forced into a program which doesn't fit their strengths.

The military is fine and the budget can be cut further. Stay out of countries unless they present a threat to us, our allies or our assistance is requested.

The vetting needs to be complete. The numbers should be limited. The refugees need to be productive quickly.

The last time, in my opinion, this country ever came together and only for a short time was 911. We've been divided for at least 8 years if not more and won't unless we get together and give it to God! We have to remember He is in control, always has been and always will be! Thank goodness! Sometimes we question what He's doing and may not be in agreement but it's His will at the time and may be to teach us a lesson and then turn around and make changes again. Let's all remember to keep our country and it's leaders in prayer.

This is just a bunch of bs that doesn't need to be part of the equation. If it is your personal equation... great, but it certainly doesn't need to be in any sort of public platform.

I agree with everything except the bolded. If you are paying taxes, you should get the services for which those taxes pay

Those are things that you buy with money earned from your JOB - not entitlements from the tax base.

Free trade is not possible when countries like China do not play fair. They steal intellectual property and purposely destroy segments of the market place by flooding the markets with product sold at a loss in order to force competition out of business.

The embarrassing thing is that the country with arguably the best health care available to the general public has had its healthcare system destroyed by those who would exploit it.

Absolutely

No it is not. Obama allowed the military to be gutted. We would be hard pressed to defend ourselves in the event of an invasion. Our military should be easily the strongest in the world.

Correct again

What he said for the most part. Except change 6 to "stop creating refugees"

C4ekCF9WMAEkS8O.jpg

IMO, we will all be a lot better off when we come to grips with the concept that greed and self-interest are good, solid motivators for ingenuity and progress, but that this

Figure-1-e1455723650211.png

is unhealthy and is not sustainable.

IMO, we will all be a lot better off when we come to grips with the concept that greed and self-interest are good, solid motivators for ingenuity and progress, but that this

I do agree with you and that chart is the perfect example of why the Dems should never hold majority in congress or the WH again. And many of the Rs need to go as well.

Yet, the world somehow sustained itself through centuries of widespread poverty. I think we can "sustain" society off $33k per year.

Completely and entirely wrong.

The one thing I think that was done right with the military was offering people early retirement and getting rid of the ones who weren't progressing.

There are way to many people in the military who are just collecting a paycheck. Before I retired I worked with 4 E-6's who couldn't deploy due to health reasons. They were on fitness waivers as well. Just like many in society today, there are military members who milk the system. I liked when they pushed those out who were no longer able to do their job.

Yet, the world somehow sustained itself through centuries of widespread poverty. I think we can "sustain" society off $33k per year.

I just meant that the gap is enormous, and growing, and that eventually 1) people are not going to buy into the notion that its a level playing field; 2) will understand that the government is coopted by people who fund it and effectively bribe it for the very purpose of maintaining the disparity.

VN Store

Back