Miami-Dade Commission votes to end 'sanctuary' status

!

Attachments

• IMG_3552.JPG
    IMG_3552.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 87
I still don't quite understand the outrage by those citizens of Miami-Dade. If you're a legal citizen, you are fine. If you're an illegal citizen, you're not. Pretty basic stuff. If you came here illegally, common sense should tell you that there is a good chance you will be caught and deported.

As one of VN's resident Progressives you probably think I would piss and moan about this. Nope, no city in America should be called a "sanctuary city". I'm for the removal of any person in this country who is here illegally. I'm just dead set against a wall across our southern border. We can control the borders if we really want to.

Reactions: 4 people
I still don't quite understand the outrage by those citizens of Miami-Dade. If you're a legal citizen, you are fine. If you're an illegal citizen, you're not. Pretty basic stuff. If you came here illegally, common sense should tell you that there is a good chance you will be caught and deported.

What's an illegal citizen?

Reactions: 1 person
As one of VN's resident Progressives you probably think I would piss and moan about this. Nope, no city in America should be called a "sanctuary city". I'm for the removal of any person in this country who is here illegally. I'm just dead set against a wall across our southern border. We can control the borders if we really want to.

There may be hope for you yet

A restaurant in my city just announced they are a "sanctuary restaurant" . I guess Trump is going to unveil an EO requiring proof of citizenship in order to eat food.

A restaurant in my city just announced they are a "sanctuary restaurant" . I guess Trump is going to unveil an EO requiring proof of citizenship in order to eat food.

I doubt a business that has public traffic (actually any business) has the right to deny law enforcement access to arrest illegal aliens. Otherwise, they're harboring criminals.

Actually sounds like it could be a sting.

IA: ¡Hola compadre! ¿What ez for breakfast?

ICE Waiter: To start we have the handcuff special with a side of pat down, followed by a ride in the paddy wagon.

I want the exact opposite. Path to residence status for those already here who have never been in any trouble or gangs...and secure the southern border today to ensure no more amigos or terrorists. Exact opposite...par for the course though

I doubt a business that has public traffic (actually any business) has the right to deny law enforcement access to arrest illegal aliens. Otherwise, they're harboring criminals.

ICE Waiter: To start we have the handcuff special with a side of pat down, followed by a ride in the paddy wagon.

It's just over the top virtue signaling

However it would be hilarious if because of that they became a target raids.

I want the exact opposite. Path to residence status for those already here who have never been in any trouble or gangs...and secure the southern border today to ensure no more amigos or terrorists. Exact opposite...par for the course though

He's saying he wants a secure border too. He doesn't believe a wall is necessary to do so

Reactions: 2 people

Agreed, whoever is in jail or committed a crime send them back. Leave the working moms and dads alone and get a solid citizenship program going for them to apply for.

Last edited:

Or the ice agent tells the illegals they have a special sanctuary room for them and leads them to the paddy wagon parked at the back door.

One sanctuary city becoming a non-sanctuary probably undermines any sanctuary city. Think about it:

Sanctuary City: "All you illegals, come here!"

Illegals flood in.

Sanctuary City: "Just kidding! Now the feds know where to sweep for illegals. Have a nice day."

If someone is here illegally and the powers that be gives them a path to citizenship I would be OK with that too rather than deportation. But we need to stop illegal entry into our country immediately.

We don't have to build a damn wall to do it.

Maybe some cities are starting to realize they like their federal funding. I expect more will in the future or risk dying on the vine.

VN Store

Back